Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426883 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17400 on: August 20, 2012, 07:05:53 am »

I'll say.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: August 20, 2012, 02:12:41 pm »

Ah, if only we could do that to any block instead of a select few.

Is that first construction on the red an actual ½×½×½ on top of a standard halfblock?

I tried to find a blog entry about whatever snapshot has these, but I couldn't.  Is this 1.3.2.prerelease?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: August 20, 2012, 02:19:03 pm »

God, its great to walk around in my World1. The feel for detail. For perfection that never was there, the shitty cobblestone buildings. The cave that was only 3 blocks deep and i only entered with leather armor, while i never wore any armor before that. The 2x3 shafts running in every direction.
Good times.

EDIT:
Warning, big pics.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first picture is a picture of a half slab i put there so i could easily get out. The second one is my main base. Most of it is underground and in the mountain. On the left you see a X-light 9000, in the middle is my humble accomodation with a natural crater under it, right is the waterfall and on the top is my watchtower, i spent quite some minecraft nights on that one with my minecraft clock, looking out over the lands.

Oh, and the first pic contains a creeper i took quite long to see and thus blew up part of that cave.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:14:06 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: August 20, 2012, 03:42:34 pm »

Yup, first world ever. Genned in the update before the haloween update.
Lots of it is inspired on X's Adventures In Minecraft.
One of the two "ancient" LP's, togheter with seannanners.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #17404 on: August 20, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »

My favourite part was discovering how to make more and more efficient Redstone contraptions. I lacked internet, so everything was trial and error.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: August 20, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »

I still have all my early worlds but I don't think I can even run them any more.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »

I remember my first world, even though its long gone now. I joined right after the haloween Pretty sure it there was this huge River thing outside my Wooden house, along with plenty of Trees and mountains. It was quite pleasant, actually. I had my own temple-thingy for my Nether Gate as well.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: August 20, 2012, 05:21:30 pm »

I started playing back when there were still snow worlds. Started out in a cozy little cabin, and eventually upgraded to a cobblestone castle of sorts.

I feel a little like a hipster. I played Minecraft before it went really big, before the Yogscast and X and the like started making their videos. Keep in mind that I love both of those channels/people/bluh.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: August 20, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »

Ah, if only we could do that to any block instead of a select few.

Is that first construction on the red an actual ½×½×½ on top of a standard halfblock?

I tried to find a blog entry about whatever snapshot has these, but I couldn't.  Is this 1.3.2.prerelease?

They're all just stair blocks. The expanded stairs on their own are the orientations of the individual blocks, and when they get put together, they form what you see. It's in an unreleased build (not a 1.3.2 prerelease, as 1.3.2 is already out :P), and will most likely be released in the next 1.4 prerelease. Pics were posted by Jeb on his twitter; basically, if you want to know about minecraft updates, there are only two things you should be reading, as that's where all the info on other sources comes from;

Jeb's twitter. Dinnerbone's Twitter.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: August 20, 2012, 07:23:59 pm »

I miss the indev world generators/editors. Worlds are kinda bland without them.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: August 21, 2012, 03:04:06 am »

I agree with greatorder. The first time i walked around over the hills of my world was the best time i ever walked over a hill.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #17411 on: August 21, 2012, 03:12:23 am »

I still have my first world, too bad its turned into post acopalyptic wasteland with eternal winter because of changes in the game. I blew up the cobblestone tower and my mines I had and deleted the save but I had some really early version of it somewhere where I was still living in my dirt fort on a hill. Felt so good to visit the old places again and remember the good old times of alpha and the joy of discovery.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17412 on: August 21, 2012, 03:34:15 am »

Ah, the first ever world I made, in Beta 1.2.1, I made a cave-dwelling dug out of the tallest hill I could find. It was great fun.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: August 21, 2012, 03:50:12 am »

I still have my first world. It was from the fresh Alpha update that added snow worlds.
My first generated world, and it was a snow world!

Sadly, all the worldgen changes done since have changed that, so I can't really do anything involving the snow without losing it. The world hasn't really seen much use since SMP.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: August 21, 2012, 04:01:22 am »

There are some mods that make it snow infinitely.

Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1380