Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419186 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16095 on: March 10, 2012, 04:50:23 am »

There already is a mod with all of the rock types and ore distribution based on real world types, I'll see if I can dig it out.

I see what you did there...

I didn't until you pointed it out :P

Also: Terra Firma Craft
*Hugs*

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16096 on: March 10, 2012, 06:23:27 am »

There already is a mod with all of the rock types and ore distribution based on real world types, I'll see if I can dig it out.

I see what you did there...

I didn't until you pointed it out :P

Also: Terra Firma Craft

Too bad it's not for 1.2+ yet..  :-\

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: March 10, 2012, 08:29:02 am »

Hmmm... I did all of those things except check Minecraft after each one. But no matter how many times I do it, it never asks for an update.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: March 10, 2012, 08:36:54 am »

You're probably at the latest update then....

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: March 10, 2012, 11:09:56 am »

I know I am. But the question is, should it say that? It could be a side effect I don't know but still if it doesn't say that and it doesn't have to say it then it should be working.
Lurking since 2009

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: March 10, 2012, 11:11:27 am »

IndustrialCraft isnt out for 1.2.3 yet..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16101 on: March 10, 2012, 11:14:00 am »

I know I am. But the question is, should it say that? It could be a side effect I don't know but still if it doesn't say that and it doesn't have to say it then it should be working.
Wait, I thought you said you wanted this working for 1.1? If you know you're at the latest update then that is not 1.1 and you've been wasting our time.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:43 am »

I never said 1.1, that I know of.
Lurking since 2009

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16103 on: March 10, 2012, 11:53:31 am »

I never said 1.1, that I know of.
Alright, so you just didn't realize that we were talking about minecraft 1.1 I guess... even though every mod page and that guide posted say it.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: March 10, 2012, 12:02:44 pm »

Use common sense man, you can clearly see in every single download that they are for 1.1.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16105 on: March 10, 2012, 12:22:13 pm »

The problem you are having is that you don't realize that IC is not updated to 1.2 yet. It is only for 1.1 at the moment. If you want to play IC for a bit you will have have to downgrade your version until they update which with a complex mod like IC may take a little bit of time.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16106 on: March 10, 2012, 03:29:06 pm »

Plus, a number of mod makers feel that 1.2 is too buggy at the moment to bother updating.  It might be a bit before everything uses the new update.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: March 10, 2012, 04:35:06 pm »

Minceraft, a post mortem
submitted 1 hour ago by Minecraft Creator xNotch

We've tried adding secrets to the game before. Small things, like obscure crafting recipes or weird behavior, and everything always gets figured out immediately. No matter how obscure we make a new feature, it's fully documented within hours of a new release. This is awesome, and a great example of how dedicated some Minecraft players are, but it also means we can't really hide anything good in the game even if we tried.
So a while ago, I did some intentionally obscure code in the title screen to switch two letters around, making it say "Minceraft" (old running gag, there's even a "minceraft" mockup t shirt design we did) instead of "Minecraft" on every 10000th game launch or so, and nobody found it! I was so happy about that, I finally knew something about the game the players didn't know.
Flash forward to this GDC a few days ago, I'm doing an interview with Chris Hecker, and he asks me if there's anything nobody has found in the game, and I say yes. I should've said no, but I said yes. Then I start getting emails and tweets about it, people start getting excited, and knowing how minor the secret is, I try to tell people it's a very minor secret. That seems to fuel the flames. A reporter from a well known gaming site wants to run an article on it, and I tell him not to. Getting people hyped up about an intentional typo isn't really a good way to spend everyone's time.
There's a lot of cool stuff to learn from this, though. One is that it IS possible to hide stuff in plain sight, but once people go looking for it, they will find it. Another thing is that people seem to want to get excited over things, even if you tell them it's nothing major.
I'm impressed and relieved you found it. I won't comment on it outside of this subreddit.
Ha.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: March 10, 2012, 08:09:06 pm »

Minceraft, a post mortem
submitted 1 hour ago by Minecraft Creator xNotch

We've tried adding secrets to the game before. Small things, like obscure crafting recipes or weird behavior, and everything always gets figured out immediately. No matter how obscure we make a new feature, it's fully documented within hours of a new release. This is awesome, and a great example of how dedicated some Minecraft players are, but it also means we can't really hide anything good in the game even if we tried.
So a while ago, I did some intentionally obscure code in the title screen to switch two letters around, making it say "Minceraft" (old running gag, there's even a "minceraft" mockup t shirt design we did) instead of "Minecraft" on every 10000th game launch or so, and nobody found it! I was so happy about that, I finally knew something about the game the players didn't know.
Flash forward to this GDC a few days ago, I'm doing an interview with Chris Hecker, and he asks me if there's anything nobody has found in the game, and I say yes. I should've said no, but I said yes. Then I start getting emails and tweets about it, people start getting excited, and knowing how minor the secret is, I try to tell people it's a very minor secret. That seems to fuel the flames. A reporter from a well known gaming site wants to run an article on it, and I tell him not to. Getting people hyped up about an intentional typo isn't really a good way to spend everyone's time.
There's a lot of cool stuff to learn from this, though. One is that it IS possible to hide stuff in plain sight, but once people go looking for it, they will find it. Another thing is that people seem to want to get excited over things, even if you tell them it's nothing major.
I'm impressed and relieved you found it. I won't comment on it outside of this subreddit.
Ha.

If I were in his place, I'd have made the typo appear if the game is started for the 1958372th time on a winter night with a full moon and at least 5 of the 8 planets in the solar system aligned. THEN I'd brag about knowing a secret none of the players will ever know.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16109 on: March 12, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »

I would just like to note my 4th Technic Lets Play video is up and I manage to do more stuff I wanted to show in it then in the past 3. You can watch the video here. A quick rundown of what I show is mining with the divining rod, my way of getting a nether portal, and me fooling around with a philosopher stone.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1380