Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2418708 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15915 on: March 03, 2012, 02:22:36 pm »

You can place redstone on glowstone blocks, which transmit power to all adjacent blocks.

I hear this is monumentally useful for redstone junk.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15916 on: March 03, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »

I was adding a second floor on my house when I saw a spider. Having an iron sword with me, I just ignored it for a second while I built my jungle tree trunk corner block and when I looked back up the spider was gone.

Cue a spider falling on my head and almost killing me alongside a chain of curses while my heart starts beating again.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15917 on: March 03, 2012, 08:11:48 pm »

That used to keep happening to me on Kael's old server. Every time, I would be like "ARGH a spider fell on me" and then a bit later "ARGH another one".
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15918 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:27 pm »

That used to keep happening to me on Kael's old server. Every time, I would be like "ARGH a spider fell on me" and then a bit later "ARGH another one".
Yeah, I hate that. That little spider event made me place a snow golem watchtower outside my house to keep me from getting jumped by spiders or taking an arrow to the face when I walk out my door.

My current base is sitting on the border between a snowy plain and jungle. I have 2 buildings, my main building with my furnaces, table, mine entrance and storage and the house with the enchanting table and some bookshelves (keyword: some). I have a cobble wall around my base with 3 snow golem watchtowers and an iron golem walking around the open area. I have a frozen lake in my base and part of a lake walled in where I grow wreed. I also have a pumpkin + wheat farm next to the enchanting house. It's nothing amazing, but I like it.

Thumbnails for the thumbnail god.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15919 on: March 04, 2012, 07:34:12 am »

So I am looking for any ver. 1.2.3 compatible mods.. anyone know of any?  :-\
The mods should ofcourse to some advanced stuff such as equivalent exchange, no minor mods.
Why, you ask? Becasue I have no idea what to do in Vanilla MC,
so I am trying to get some ideas via mods.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:07:37 am by Ultimuh »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15920 on: March 04, 2012, 08:06:56 am »

Has the MCP even updated yet? It's probably going to be a while before mods come out, especially considering how many releases have been done already.
*Hugs*

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15921 on: March 04, 2012, 09:56:28 am »

I know that Risugami is all updated with his mods. Also the person doing Optifine seemed to think they where at 30% for a update so that is probably coming in the near future.

Edit: Did a little more checking and it seems that we are going to have a long drawn out and slow release of updated mods as a lot of mods can't even start being updated till their required parts update. Personally I think Mojang should instead of just releasing a new version they should put out a frozen snapshot that is basically exactly what they plan on releasing as the new version so that they can let the mods possibly be ready for when the update actually comes out. It would also have the nice side affect that they would have the internet doing bug testing for them though they would have to filter all the reports they get for the real ones but it would make release less of a bug fest.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:09:43 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15922 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:47 am »

The trouble of having a "frozen snapshot" is that the snapshot would have to be identical to the actual release for it to be useful in updating mods. You can't just say "Oh, yeah, we'll be changing this function to work in this way, deprecating these so that we can consolidate them into these others which are more efficient processor-wise" and then modders work from that. The way one individual interprets these changes may be vastly different from how they're actually being implemented, without having the actual finished product in front of them.

That said, as I understand such things, most commercial programming ventures rely on a design process that includes a finalized sort of "storyboard" chart (I can't recall the exact term) rather than making adjustments on the fly. So, assuming they use that sort of process, they could release that; such things are designed specifically to be interpreted in only one way, because they're most often used by large commercial ventures where the design and program flow is independent of the people who are actually writing the code. Smaller projects tend to favor greater overlap between design and coding. In any case, even presuming that such a thing wouldn't be a legally horrible idea, child mods would still have to wait for the parent mod to be updated to see how they're going to update themselves.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15923 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »

There's also the problem of obfuscation on different computers/with different seeds...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15924 on: March 04, 2012, 01:10:00 pm »

Does anyone else think it would be really cool to have enchanting a process that actually requires time and have the weapon/armor/tool slowly floating over the book?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15925 on: March 04, 2012, 01:22:23 pm »

Want to know what I want to happen to enchanting? I want there to be a slot that always has the max enchant level you can currently do. I can understand not having the lowest cause that is something that you should at least have to work for if you really want fully enchanted armor at level 8. Its just that if you want to spend every level you have on making an awesome pickaxe you should be able to without spending a few minutes placing and remove it from a slot while trying to find the right number.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: March 04, 2012, 01:52:26 pm »

Want to know what I want to happen to enchanting? I want there to be a slot that always has the max enchant level you can currently do. I can understand not having the lowest cause that is something that you should at least have to work for if you really want fully enchanted armor at level 8. Its just that if you want to spend every level you have on making an awesome pickaxe you should be able to without spending a few minutes placing and remove it from a slot while trying to find the right number.

You can leave the item to be enchanted in there, pick up something like a stick, and just keep clicking the item to reset the enchantments. Makes it a little less tedious.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: March 04, 2012, 02:19:41 pm »

I'd really like to see multiple simultaneous enchantments, probably at double cost or something. Or at least a way to disenchant stuff. It's frustrating enough to spend 20 levels enchanting your diamond sword only to get Bane of Arthropods I, but it's even worse when there's nothing you can do to fix it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: March 04, 2012, 02:30:26 pm »

I usually just spend my EXP on a junk enchant then use Singleplayer Commands to remove it and give my item the enchant I want.
*Hugs*

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15929 on: March 04, 2012, 02:34:40 pm »

You can leave the item to be enchanted in there, pick up something like a stick, and just keep clicking the item to reset the enchantments. Makes it a little less tedious.
   Still doesn't solve the fact that because of then random factor it bumps up against the halting problem. There is literally no guarantee that you will get any specific number besides statistics and averages.
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1380