Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419274 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15765 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:48 pm »

So, uhh...

SQUEE?!!
SQUEEEEEE!!!

Now I can finally make massive staircases that don't look lumpy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15766 on: February 24, 2012, 03:31:24 pm »

You still need to be there to collect the XP tho.
I just dig a big hole underneath the spawner so they fall to .5 heart of health. Then punch they punk asses.
There is a way to collect mobs from a spawned using water ladders and pistons, allowing for a switch to be pulled for dozens if not hundreds of mobs to fall at once.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #15767 on: February 24, 2012, 03:44:33 pm »

You still need to be there to collect the XP tho.
Well yeah, but you still need to be there to collect mob drops in a typical farm too. (mods like buildcraft notwithstanding)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15768 on: February 24, 2012, 07:46:31 pm »

Anyone know if EE's Mind Stone collects exp when in a chest?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #15769 on: February 24, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »

I downloaded an update for the technic launhcer and now when I launch the game it crashes.

Heres the error report.
Spoiler:  Error Report (click to show/hide)

Is there a way I can fix this or is it a problem with technic?

Check your %appdata%/.techniclauncher/technicssp/mods folder. If you've got two industrialcraft-2-client_1.64.jar files, delete the older one.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15770 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:33 pm »

I just noticed, the dark matter furnace doesn't seem to duplicate dusts. Which I disapprove of >:(

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15771 on: February 26, 2012, 10:45:37 am »

Woh, MC thread on the third page?

Anyway, I was playing Technic for a while. Impressions:

1. Theres way too much life. I liked the serenity of living lonesome on a cliff, being one of the only beings alive. I'd be fine with a few other rare intelligent creatures, but Millenaire and Mo' Creatures just packs Minecraft with so many damn mobs that it gets a little silly. I know you can tone down Mo' Creatures, but still...

2. It comes with TMI. I dislike having a 24-page list of items next to my inventory, its ugly and makes me feel like I'm cheating. I'm also trying to figure out how to disable it still.

3. The dozens of generated structures are amazing. I want that mod no matter what.

4. It shows me how much Minecraft REALLY needs to implement the Recipe Book, as well as making the recipe book... you know, require a recipe that the game shows you from the get-go. Preferably one of the first achievements; Taking Inventory -> Getting Wood -> Check out Recipes.

Also, don't show ALL the recipes right away; have the player have to have some prerequisites; for example, don't show me how do make a Piston simply because I found wood. Make the prerequisite something like "has made a pressure plate" or something similar. I don't want to know how to make everything in the game immediately, but I do hope for a Minecraft that doesnt require the wiki to know how to make anything.

5. Technic should not need its own launcher. I respect the maker's ability to get all these mods working together, but making me use his own launcher that uses files completely separate from vanilla minecraft is going too far.

6. Minecraft needs a way to travel on land faster and with more ease then Minecarts. Jeb should implement Horses, but make them a little tougher to maintain then Mo' Creature horses are.

7. I dislike all this industrial/hightec/etc stuff. Its just not Minecraft, and because it is so out-of-place among the other minecraft stuff, it just screams "IM A MOD!"

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15772 on: February 26, 2012, 10:59:39 am »

You can turn off the mods you dont like from the launcher. Press the mod select button.

And you can turn off TMI if you press o in your inventory.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15773 on: February 26, 2012, 12:32:59 pm »

7. I dislike all this industrial/hightec/etc stuff. Its just not Minecraft, and because it is so out-of-place among the other minecraft stuff, it just screams "IM A MOD!"

why not? it's messy because there are three different mod partially overlapping, but the idea of automation is minecrafty,
just look at redstone logic and pistons and stuff.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15774 on: February 26, 2012, 01:26:29 pm »

5. Technic should not need its own launcher. I respect the maker's ability to get all these mods working together, but making me use his own launcher that uses files completely separate from vanilla minecraft is going too far.
While the others are matters of opinion, this one I can comment on: That launcher is extremely useful. Automatic updates, ability to switch activated mods, instant switch between it and vanilla... That thing is awesome, and you can always just delete the vanilla files. It also makes it much easier to distribute so many mods legally, without giving out minecraft's code.
(Also, you can disable the TMI stuff by hitting 'o' in the inventory. Well, hide it. It's already been explained how to shut it off.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #15775 on: February 26, 2012, 01:28:46 pm »

2. It comes with TMI. I dislike having a 24-page list of items next to my inventory, its ugly and makes me feel like I'm cheating. I'm also trying to figure out how to disable it still.

2. It's actually NEI, and the cheaty parts are disabled by default. You have to manually edit a file then change a setting in game to enable cheats.

7. All the technical stuff doesn't suit you? Perhaps it isn't the right mod pack for you then. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15776 on: February 26, 2012, 01:44:21 pm »

About #4: Press R while highlighting an item to see its crafting recipes and press U over it to see its uses.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #15777 on: February 26, 2012, 02:17:51 pm »

About #4: Press R while highlighting an item to see its crafting recipes and press U over it to see its uses.
Er, those are default keys. In the Technic pack, R sorts your inventory.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15778 on: February 26, 2012, 02:18:31 pm »

They haven't reconfigured the keys at all actually, so it does both.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15779 on: February 26, 2012, 02:45:56 pm »

uhm, why redstone engines don't drop when broken with hand/wrench/pickaxe? is that intended or a bug? can't find anything on their forum/wiki
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1380