Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424261 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14490 on: November 22, 2011, 03:43:58 pm »

They're rare, and only see in two or three biomes.
Rare or not, my friend seems to find a way to tame everyone he finds and we end up with 20-30 wolves all sitting around the base yapping... it drives me nuts.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: November 22, 2011, 03:48:41 pm »

I generated a new world for the full version, and there's a wolf wandering around by the spawn. He keeps following me around when I'm cutting down trees. It's so adorable I'm reinstalling Too Many Items right now so I don't have to risk him despawning before I can get some bones in the first night. <3

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: November 22, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

Wiki says untamed wolves do despawn, but I don't really buy it. I've seen the same wolves since pretty much the beginning of the SMP map I play on. All of them are a good distance from the nearest town.

So at least for SMP, wolves are pretty much static.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: November 22, 2011, 04:52:33 pm »

*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: November 22, 2011, 04:53:40 pm »

I've already made every potion and got every enchantment. I have a large warehouse dedicated to just having all my enchanted gear sitting on shelves.

I've still not made a matter fabricator in IC.
I made one in the old version when I realized I was spending most of my time designing pipe networks and not utilizing the mass quantities of IC resources to make cool junk.

(The UU concept is kinda bullshit though and really need to be looked at again)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: November 22, 2011, 04:57:09 pm »

How exactly does it work?
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: November 22, 2011, 05:00:17 pm »

Dump a ton of energy into machine: after a long while produces an object.

Place several of these objects on the crafting bench in orders the creator won't allow on the web and create various objects not worth the effort. You can also use the most expensive recipe for an object you can combine with other expensive stuff to make the best gear in the mod.

The process can be sped up with scrap, at roughly one scrap per second of speed increase.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: November 22, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »

Your summary seems logical then. And I don't get why Alblaka is so agaisnt letting those recipes be posted, there's about a dozen mods aimed specifically at showing you the recipes.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14498 on: November 22, 2011, 05:02:19 pm »

Your summary seems logical then. And I don't get why Alblaka is so agaisnt letting those recipes be posted, there's about a dozen mods aimed specifically at showing you the recipes.
because he's a douche? Seriously I can't stand him, despite loving the mod.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: November 22, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

I think it's the natural state of people who make big mods. They just get a level up screen and have to cross class into douchebag to get out of it.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: November 22, 2011, 05:08:05 pm »

He's not as bad as I originally thought he was, but he does have some cooky ideas. He acted really mature during the whole Technic Pack thing and didn't overreact about it with some self-righteous indignance. I can't rag on the guy now that he sorta gained my respect for that.

Although considering that he wants to eventually have like four tiers of energy production, equipment and machines, the mass fabricator seems like something that should exist later on. I guess I don't like the idea of the future tiers being more removed from the environment. Mining and harvesting the land should always be a major part of the game. After some point with your stockpiles of various metals mined the focus shifts to pumping out energy to fuel mass fabricators. I don't know where he will go from here.

Another possible problem is the lack of intermediary steps between working with microwave-sized crude electronics/generators and creating exotic matter to get you any natural object. I want more machines to fuel and power and refine stuff. After a while the earlier machines just feel pointless, with no upgrades available for them.

(Yes I know the Induction Furnace, it's one of many necessary upgrades)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:09:51 pm by Duke 2.0 »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: November 22, 2011, 05:14:10 pm »

Are there any cool terraforming mods? I don't mean like copy/delete big chunks of terrain or change the worldgen, but like, plant a "mountain seed" somewhere and watch as an entire mountain is created (basically worldgen in real time).

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:09 pm »

Delusions of grandeur, probably. Maybe he seems to think that they actually mean something. It's a little like Prohibition (or the ban on distribution of the MC code in mods): it's banned, you don't talk about it in public, but everyone has access to it without much trouble. If I can go onto (place) and (something) despite what (company) says, why the hell will I listen to a dbag who says not to spoil the "end", except the "end" here is (some of) the coolest and most expensive stuff with no hints as to its construction, rather than a story.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: November 22, 2011, 05:35:19 pm »

I don't really understand how modders can be so anal about the "restrictions" about distributing "their work" yet they throw a hissy fit if the developer of the game they're modding "disallows" mods.

Just read the addon section of Alblaka's site... seriously, he sounds like a completely entitled person. NOBODY DARE DISTRIBUTE THEIR ADDON EXCEPT HERE OR I'LL PERSONALLY DESTROY YOU FOREVER. Yeah right. A mod of a mod. And his mod? "Hey, I made it it's mine mine mine don't mess with my shit."

Just read the latest couple of posts in his blog. One of every 3 comments is him complaining about how shitty Notch & Co is as everything.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: November 22, 2011, 05:37:22 pm »

Alblaka was already a douche, when his modmaker's level up screen popped up he morphed into an überdouche.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1380