Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425390 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14040 on: November 14, 2011, 05:02:12 pm »

Endermen orbs allow you to teleport them away.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14041 on: November 14, 2011, 05:10:47 pm »

Well maybe the video I saw was fake but he rick clicked the enderman every time it got close and it disappeared. Looked legit to me.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14042 on: November 14, 2011, 05:14:22 pm »

Sometimes when you click an enderman it'll teleport away before you can hit it. He likely just copy pasted a bunch of those instances over and over.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14043 on: November 14, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »

Fuck now I want to mod in the slow corruption of the world, with an increase in mob activity as time goes by and specific ways to remove or hold back corruption. Maybe with little corrupt nexus which spread it that you can then defeat to remove it for a while.
Screw nexuses.

It will be a slow wave that moves towards where you are. There is no stopping it. At some point the place you have decided to take as your home will be corrupted by it and you will have to leave. Will you be underground and unable to leave when it reaches you, will it be night, with endermen watching you run?

Sorta like the shadow thing from Amnesia.
Sounds like you want a separate game mode. Plenty of people love the sandbox style of Minecraft as it is now. If you force people to abandon their awesome fortresses, redstone contraptions, and cube art, they'll feel resentful towards the game and stop playing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14044 on: November 14, 2011, 06:19:13 pm »

Anyone ever see the old cartoon series Pirates of Dark Water? All this discussion of corruption reminds me of that, or possibly the blight from the wheel of time series. I love the idea, of this slow, relentless creep that just twists the world. That or the old red moon idea Notch came up with ages ago...

...of course, since Terraria has come along in the meantime and implemented all of those ideas, he'd probably just get accused of ripping them off.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14045 on: November 14, 2011, 06:32:20 pm »

He said he was taking inspiration from terraria. Also that the release of the game wouldn't nessacerily mean the end of the updates. Which kind've makes me wonder why he's in such a hurry to release it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14046 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:13 pm »

He said he was taking inspiration from terraria. Also that the release of the game wouldn't nessacerily mean the end of the updates. Which kind've makes me wonder why he's in such a hurry to release it.
I think the whole idea is to release it at Minecon, for better or worse. He can't exactly reschedule such a massive event because some code isn't working right, and delaying the release will piss off a good portion of the audience.

Of course, the whole thing could have been avoided if Notch didn't announce a release date, but...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14047 on: November 14, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »

I like that they spent tons of money and time on getting a company together but apparently didn't line up a PR guy, or at least didn't use him.

EDIT: Not to say I don't like minecraft or anything but it certainly could've been handled much better

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14048 on: November 14, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »

Oh, I know. I was commenting on the fandom more than anything else. Like that 'potions mod' guy.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14049 on: November 14, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »

Oh yeah, that's true. You know a fandom is bad when me and a buddy are avoiding featuring anything from minecraft on our website until we've got some kind of community and forums set up to fend off the potential influx of minecraft fans.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14050 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:53 pm »

Yeah. I'd suggest you consider promoting a lot of mods... there will be much banhammer required.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14051 on: November 14, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »

Yeah, definatly. Such a bad plaaaaaaace. Oh well, eventually.

Incidentally, has anyone been using redpower world?

I know blutricity is buggy and has way more power diminishing then it should but is the blutricity furnace supposed to not accept more then a single solar panel's worth of input? I have 3 panels hooked up to the same wire, but the energy meter doesn't seem to be going up any faster then it usually does.

Also what's that little meter with the lightning bolt above it for? Unimplimented I assume?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14052 on: November 15, 2011, 01:27:33 am »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14053 on: November 15, 2011, 01:33:56 am »

...and liable to get removed shortly, according to the general consensus on this tweet;

Quote from: Jeb_
Oh lol! Hilarious and wrong at the same time. RT @whackmouse: @jeb_ youtu.be/HOtJAefcC5g booset glitch is back

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14054 on: November 15, 2011, 07:27:21 am »

From the YouTube comments... looks like they are gone in RC2.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 935 936 [937] 938 939 ... 1380