Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426703 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13395 on: October 22, 2011, 07:48:39 am »

Welp, hardcore mode was fun, but I died, and rolled back to 1.8.1. I'm now installing technic pack. I have no idea what all these mods are. I only have minimal experience with an extremely old version of IndustrialCraft. Should be... interesting. I guess it's time to learn proper redstone usage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: October 22, 2011, 07:49:52 am »

It seems that list doesn't list all the mods it installs. I'll have a look around for a proper list, but all I'm getting is a solid wall of drama everywhere that isn't the SA thread. And we all know having only one sensible thread for something like this means it's flooded with help for other junk.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: October 22, 2011, 07:53:56 am »

In any case, installing it and disabling the mods I didn't want would have been significantly quicker than manually downloading and installing all of them.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: October 22, 2011, 07:57:37 am »

You also get to wallow in the delicious, delicious fantears shed from the impotent raging of a dozen or so modders of a mod of a mod.

Although I have to mention, the makers of Redstone, EE, Industrialcraft and Buildcraft have all been incredibly cool about all this and realize that nothing wrong is going on. Some have even received a major jump in donations because of the ease of access this pack offers and realize the source. The only problem is the modding community in general on the MC forums and the guy behind Better Than Wolves.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:01:04 am by Duke 2.0 »
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: October 22, 2011, 12:18:07 pm »

I accidentally a coblestone generator.

Dont think Im gonna do it like this. Not enough overcomplicated pistons.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: October 22, 2011, 12:27:44 pm »

Sorry blind here, How does it work???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: October 22, 2011, 12:33:41 pm »

Have you ever used a quarry before? That may be a major issue in explaining this all.

Basically the head moves across the orange scaffolding and mines everything under that rectangle. When lava flows onto water it creates cobblestone in the water tile. The Quarry arm mines pretty fast but not fast enough to compete with the automatic cobble generation. Thus unlimited cobble farm.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: October 22, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »

Ah its a quarry!!! Wow talk about blind...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: October 22, 2011, 12:40:51 pm »

http://yogiverse.com/forumdisplay.php?122-Technic-Pack
There you go, Googled it for you.

As for the cobblestone generator, I think it's just too slow to efficiently generate diamonds or other useful goods.  It also consumes more power than it generates so it isn't very cost-efficient.
I had to power my quarry with a large solar flower just to keep it going, and it was faster to just move it to a new area instead of watching the drill move sloooooowly back and forth between the generated cobblestones.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:08:43 pm by Rhodan »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: October 22, 2011, 12:54:33 pm »

Was staring at the generator.
Then suddenly, creeper in the quarry. How the hell do they do that?

Yeah, it is pretty damn slow, but thats the problem with the method. Im fairly certain you get a better speed by setting up a 2/3 block quarry and having cobblestone generators with pistons constantly refill it to the highest level, so its technically the exact same as moving it to a new place.

Also, how do you power buildcraft stuff with industrialcraft?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: October 22, 2011, 12:58:18 pm »

The Technic Pack has a few custom mods added in, like an Industrialcraft energy to oil machine, and a Buildcraft energy to Industrialcraft energy thing.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: October 22, 2011, 01:18:26 pm »

Yeah, it is pretty damn slow, but thats the problem with the method. Im fairly certain you get a better speed by setting up a 2/3 block quarry and having cobblestone generators with pistons constantly refill it to the highest level, so its technically the exact same as moving it to a new place.

Not really.  The drill will constantly move back to the first block every time it gets replenished, skipping blocks as it heads back to cube one. A regular quarry can keep mining at optimal efficiency unless it encounters a cave or bedrock because it never has to backtrack.
Perhaps if you use pistons to shove multiple cobblestones from different generators into the same 2 spots you could have the drill go back and forth between these two spots without losing time.

If you are assembling your own Technic Pack, the machines provided in the "full" version of the Redpower mod could prove much more efficient.  There is a 'Block breaker' machine that eagerly gobbles up any block placed in front of it, making for very efficient cobblestone harvesting.  And very, very inefficient tree harvesting. (But at least it's fully automated, woo!)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: October 22, 2011, 01:22:02 pm »

Question: Why the **** do flan's mods (ww2 guns and planes) keep redirecting me to themselves? I click on "download" but it just gets me to that same page -.-
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: October 22, 2011, 02:18:27 pm »

Perhaps if you use pistons to shove multiple cobblestones from different generators into the same 2 spots you could have the drill go back and forth between these two spots without losing time.
Thats what I meant.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: October 22, 2011, 02:26:14 pm »

Endermen scare me.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1380