Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426981 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13215 on: October 17, 2011, 09:41:57 am »

It seems in my game redstone engines can't be put next to each other? They wouldn't seem to go when next to each other but with a block inbetween worked fine..

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13216 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:52 am »

Problem is the entire house is made out of cubes. That, and you use only 2 types of blocks; glowstone and stone. Both recipes for bleck. Start by removing the glowstone.

Patterns other than rectangles, are good.

The diamond window is not enough.
Thanks for all the input guys, I'll get to making this castle as pretty as possible.

EDIT: "Can't connect to minecraft.net" FFFFFF-
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:52:59 am by Heliman »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: October 17, 2011, 12:19:08 pm »

Has anyone else had this problem with not beinga ble to place redstone engines next to each other? Is it a bug or a new 'feature'?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: October 17, 2011, 12:48:20 pm »

Has anyone else had this problem with not beinga ble to place redstone engines next to each other? Is it a bug or a new 'feature'?

I haven't tried it and currently can't, but maybe you should post a picture.

I know that they can stack on top of each other.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: October 17, 2011, 03:41:40 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sat1cTQIESE

Tale of Kingdoms is my new favorite village content. It has grindable upgradable villages much like millenaire, but seems a lot more focused and fun to play - you have to grind monsters for 'honor' right now but a quest system is in the works to make that less irritating. You get to recruit bodyguards and eventually when you establish your own kingdom, a whole army. It's pretty cool.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13220 on: October 17, 2011, 03:59:27 pm »

Woah, that does look pretty rad. I might give it a shot in place of millenaire.

Is it more, about the same, or less performance intensive right now?

EDIT: I really wish minecraft modders would edit the OP with changes to the mod, or even basic information about it.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:06:03 pm by Seriyu »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: October 17, 2011, 04:13:23 pm »

Woah, that does look pretty rad. I might give it a shot in place of millenaire.

Is it more, about the same, or less performance intensive right now?

EDIT: I really wish minecraft modders would edit the OP with changes to the mod, or even basic information about it.  >:(

Way, way better performance than Millenaire. Mostly because villagers aren't running around to work nearly as much - the player does most of the work, at least in the starting phase.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13222 on: October 17, 2011, 04:14:47 pm »

Oho, color me interested.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: October 17, 2011, 04:52:19 pm »

Does look nice...
I wonder if I can put it into my Pack...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: October 17, 2011, 04:59:00 pm »

Well I am running Minecraft with two mods, IndustrialCraft2, and Buildcraft both of which latest version.

I start up, and gather a full stack of logs, and about a five minutes later I find this massive Ravine filled with Copper, Coal, Iron, and a piece of Uranium. I have decided to make my base here, but I can't find a single piece of tin. o.O It is so annoying I need it to get the basis of Industrial Craft up so I can use the Mace-orator for double the ore (Question does Macerateing work on Uranium?)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13225 on: October 17, 2011, 05:01:32 pm »

Does look nice...
I wonder if I can put it into my Pack...

Works with Technic and Yogbox, with some bugs unfortunately when trying to sell mod items to merchants and such.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: October 17, 2011, 05:31:44 pm »

(This is a little late, but...)

My "SafariSam" seed continues to provide strange and wonderful landscapes and features!
First, the "spires" I mentioned in my first post, which I now believe were the result of a chunk error (so, probably un-reproducible). Here are some close coordinates, in case you want to try and find them for yourself:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is a view from the base of the spires, which I have named "The Claws of Netherrack"

See the blue dot in this next picture? That there is the Void.

But wait, there's more!
While exploring the land around my home with a map, I stumbled across an underwater mineshaft! I was simply swimming through a lake, when I noticed that some clay appeared to be "floating" underwater. When I swam over to investigate, I was sucked down into a massive cavern, where zombies began attacking in the glow of a lava fall. Thankfully I had plenty of torches, and tools, so I decided to go exploring. Here is a picture of the "entrance", as seen from a ledge near the waterfall that dragged me here in the first place:
Apologies for the darkness of the image, it was nighttime. However, if you look carefully you'll see a creeper floating at the surface of the lake. It spawned in the cave.

Inside the mines, it is very twisty with lots of dead ends and gaps in the wall leading to additional caverns. I found a cave spider spawner; those things were a bitch to kill, and they were smart enough to hide in small gaps that I couldn't approach without getting bitten at least once. At least the treasure chest they guarded contained watermelon seeds!

I also may have found a creeper spawner *shudder*. I encountered a creeper in the tunnels, which thankfully exploded behind a wall. I found another creeper in a dark tunnel which I managed to kill without injury. When I turned the corner and found two MORE creepers, I turned around and walled off the hallway. I'll return some day, but I wasn't about to risk all of my loot without building a small base with a bed and chest.

More to come, maybe!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: October 17, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »

I have found it the metal sought after by the Kings of the Dwarves, TIN !!!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #13228 on: October 17, 2011, 07:43:40 pm »

so i decided to finally dive into technic in full since its a green light for 1.8.1

I did the full install, and it comes with Too Many Items, which kinda seems to spoil the fun, maybe. Im not sure how I feel about this. If I have this mod installed, why makje anything in Survival mode, its kinda like creative mode having everything available.

Does anyone feel the same and have you disable Too Many Items? Are you having a good time without it? I suspect people use Too Many Items when they have doen it all already and just want to build cool stuff, anyone doing that care to share their opinion also?

I gave myself a set of diamond tools, a bunch of torches and ladders, i could just disable it now, I think i might but want to hear other opinions.
I got nothing

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: October 17, 2011, 07:44:48 pm »

I personally dislike using Too Many Items, even if I have it installed and I plan on never using it the temptation is still there...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1380