Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427004 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13186 on: October 16, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »

I think that's The End. The End has a finite map, so you can just kind've wander up to the edge and look over the side of the world, probably shortly before an enderman pushes you off.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: October 16, 2011, 08:21:32 pm »

The Redpower mod, when you include Redpower World and Redpower Machines, feels like a lovely blend of Buildcraft, Redpower and that other mod with the autoharvester.  According to Eloraam's Blog there seem to be a lot more complicated machinery and blocks planned such as sensors and an actual working, programmable computer block.  As in an actual processor emulated in-game.  Check the blog, so awesome.
Redpower World also adds marble, basalt, volcanoes and giant rubber trees, though they don't seem to have a use yet.

All I'm really missing is an automated crafting table and it has all the bits that make the Technic pack great without going overboard. (For me at least).  The tubes also seem more intelligent than the buildcraft ones, and they work with the covers and panels.
Does all of that work in SMP?

Yes, I think it does. The download page has server bits as well:
http://www.eloraam.com/?page_id=130

Check the blog for details on the computer blocks, it looks pretty neat.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: October 16, 2011, 08:34:31 pm »

It's actually from a sign placed underwater at bedrock level~
It is at the edge of a map though~

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13189 on: October 16, 2011, 08:42:21 pm »

Hmm. I'm tired of single-player. Time to ramp things up.

Anyone know a survival server that's not an utter pain to join? I like servers that don't whitelist just anyone, but Christ, having to register to forums and post and wait is too much of a damn hassle for me.
I'm currently playing on an australian server without a whitelist with very friendly admins.
We have a light pvp towny server and a hardcore pvp factions server.

I'm currently playing on the towny server which also has webauction in case you have heard of it.

If you want to try it out, towny IP is: 220.233.0.131 and faction pvp is 220.233.0.130.
If you want more attention from the admins there I would join towny first and say that I bluephoenix refered you.

You got my hopes up. I was expecting a server were you can't protect everything you have. Chests are protected easily, even furnaces can be blocked off, and you can even make the area indestructible. I wish there was a PvP server that had everything unprotected.

The issue with that is simple: It's a dreadful system for the 23 hours a day you aren't online. PvP implies that you want to fight other people, not wait until they log off for the night and then raze their defenseless structures/steal their valuables.  :P

We are working on a balanced system that makes everything indestructible if you are offline.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: October 16, 2011, 09:37:24 pm »

My masterpiece, is complete

Castle Gold band, now above ground and fully functioning, with a 4x4 piston operated front gate. I had to level a beautiful natural landmark but the deed is done.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: October 16, 2011, 09:53:28 pm »

Castle Gold band, now above ground and fully functioning, with a 4x4 piston operated front gate. I had to level a beautiful natural landmark but the deed is done.

Where are the gold blocks?!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:12 pm »

That's glowstone. Swing by the Nether some time.

I think he was more pointing out that "Castle Gold" doesn't appear to contain any gold.  :P

(Also, tell me that's creative. I refuse to believe that much glowstone was obtained naturally!)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13193 on: October 16, 2011, 10:07:25 pm »

Neat castle, though the glowstone does not look very good as a building material. I'd be interested in seeing how the gate works though!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: October 16, 2011, 10:38:43 pm »

Neat castle, though the glowstone does not look very good as a building material. I'd be interested in seeing how the gate works though!
ah, I have a model of the gate open for viewing on kael's server, here's a few pics of it naked.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: October 16, 2011, 10:40:33 pm »

That's glowstone. Swing by the Nether some time.

I think he was more pointing out that "Castle Gold" doesn't appear to contain any gold.  :P

(Also, tell me that's creative. I refuse to believe that much glowstone was obtained naturally!)
It is creative, see how there is no health or hunger bar?
Looks great though.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13196 on: October 17, 2011, 12:27:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow. That is fugly.

ItsMadeOfCOBBLE.gif

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13197 on: October 17, 2011, 12:31:56 am »

It's made of stone bricks, not cobble.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13198 on: October 17, 2011, 12:36:30 am »

Still. Pretty damn ugly. There's just so much stone brick, and the unrelieved bands of glowstone do nothing to help. My suggestions?

• Use a block like smoothstone slabs to ease the transition from stone brick to glowstone..
  • Outline your windows or at least mark them somehow - sills, arches, what have you.
  • Add some curves and shit in there.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:07 am »

all good suggestions, I gave more thought to the inside of the castle causing the outside to suffer by comparison.
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1380