Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427181 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13035 on: October 13, 2011, 07:17:07 pm »

Hey all, I've found a good Island Survival seed. Its for 1.9 Pre-release. It gives a small crescent island with four trees. Theres mines below it and the stronghold is within far render distance. Heres the Map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The stronghold is at about the area of the red dot. Oh and see the large island to the north? Its a Mushroom biome.
Seeds 5156420905772220193

Oooooooooh. 1.8 'Urist' has been displaced.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:20:14 pm by BigD145 »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: October 13, 2011, 07:26:40 pm »

What's this with the Better Than Wolves guy and copyrights? Why is he a retarded POS?

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: October 13, 2011, 07:32:43 pm »

Is there any way to force giant mushrooms to grow to a specific height? I'm trying to build a mushroom floor, but it's all uneven :(

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: October 13, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »

Also, if you have pre4, mix some GUNPOWDA with your negative effect potions. Reap the benefits.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: October 13, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »

Holy crap! Amazing FPS boost if you have a newer laptop with Nvidia graphics.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/lai7s/weird_and_wonderful_fps_boost/

I went from lagging out while playing on short render distnce to being able to fly around at full speed on Far with no slowdown at all.

:O :D :O :D

So, this isn't working on my laptop. When I clicked on "Manage 3D Settings" in the nVidia control panel, it stopped responding and Windows closed it. Now, every time I open the nVidia control panel, it stops responding right away and Windows closes it.

And when I try to update to the latest drivers for my video card (nVidia Geforce 310M), the installer says that the driver couldn't find any compatible graphics hardware. What do?

Honestly man, that's a bloody strange bug, never heard of it before. I'd suggest you bring it up on the NVidia forums. If you do get it resolved, note that switching the settings just makes the lappy use the graphics card by default, so it'll play havoc with your battery life etc if you're just word processing/web-browsing.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13040 on: October 13, 2011, 09:13:58 pm »

That's fine with me, as I have the laptop plugging into the wall 90% of the time anyway.

Got a link to nVidia forums, perchance?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: October 13, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »

Really? Your google fu is weak, my friend :P

forums.nvidia.com
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:55:33 pm by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: October 13, 2011, 09:27:59 pm »

Anybody gott anything interesting? With pictures?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: October 13, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »

All I can find are direct download links through free upload sites.
It doesn't have a website?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13044 on: October 13, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »

Really? You're google fu is weak, my friend :p

forums.nvidia.com

No, I'm just lazy and at class right now.

All I can find are direct download links through free upload sites.
It doesn't have a website?

He's got a Tumblr, but there's no official site for the Technic Pack.

RE: The Technic Pack Discussion:

As long as wotsisname gives proper credit to the creators of the mods in his pack, he is legally in the right, IMO. He's not claiming the work as his own, except the work of assembling the mods and fucking with them in such a way that they are compatible without the end-user having to do anything other than install them. Creators of Minecraft mods, since they are already in a legal gray area, really shouldn't be calling the unsolicited assemblage of their mod into a modpack that gives proper credit illegal.

Yes, the modifications that they made to Notch's source code are technically copyrighted, but at best, only under a Creative Commons license that requires distributors of their original work to give proper credit. As far as I know, the guy who put the Technic Pack together is 100% in the clear, legally. If the creator of Better Than Wolves took wotsisname to court for copyright infringement, a judge would probably laugh the case right out of court.

The above assumes my information is correct, and I could be wrong, since I do not in any way claim an encyclopedic knowledge of copyright law - which is buttfuck convoluted in any case.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: October 13, 2011, 10:01:30 pm »

Hey all, I've found a good Island Survival seed. Its for 1.9 Pre-release. It gives a small crescent island with four trees. Theres mines below it and the stronghold is within far render distance. Heres the Map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The stronghold is at about the area of the red dot. Oh and see the large island to the north? Its a Mushroom biome.
Seeds 5156420905772220193

This is one of my favorite seeds ever. It's a natural, well-balanced survival island/atoll, has flooded tunnels in the cliffs of the island, a sunken mine and stronghold nearby, a cavern complex right under it, and some really interesting neighboring islands, including a Mushroom-Biome Island. Exceedingly cool!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:34 pm »

O god a have a lot of work to do... i plan on making a dark locus engine. Meaning a factory that will produce mobius fuel at a faster speed then the locus can use it. Which means multiple mobius fuel factories, hooks up to a ridiculous amount of self filling glowstone aggregator systems. With just a guess, I will need at least 100 glowstone aggregators.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13047 on: October 13, 2011, 11:00:33 pm »

The Technic Pack is actually based in Something Awful, something about a Minecraft modding thread IIRC. I dunno where exactly, that's just what I heard.

Also, the new pack includes IC2/BC energy converters :o

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:29 pm »

Dragonshardz, if you get it working, a better method is to make sure that javaw.exe is always run by the dedicated graphics. That means you can leave the primary setting on, so integrated is used for the boring stuff, but launching MC will automatically spool up the card. All the speed boost, none of the wasted power drain :P

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13049 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:19 pm »

Maybe the driver from the ASUS site will give me a better shot...God, shit like this is why I hate prebuilt computers...
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1380