Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419945 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12690 on: October 07, 2011, 06:23:16 pm »

I'd prefer if dragons weren't in the ender. I think the ender deserves weirder things.

Speaking of that, I saw my first Enderman today. I ran away, then realized "Hey, I've got to fight one eventually. Might as well be now."

I looked at it, and then moved. And then it ran at me, and immediately disappeared. Permanently. I checked behind me, I checked aboveground near where I was. It just disappeared entirely.

I'm afraid it's going to teleport behind me any minute now.

If it helps, they actually de-aggro and do it fairly fast compared to other mobs, or at least I think they do. Certainly when I aggro'd one whilst swimming and then went diving it had calmed down by the time I came back up.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: October 07, 2011, 06:34:40 pm »

They won't teleport into water, because it hurts them. If you're swimming, you're safe.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: October 07, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh.. Dear... *picks up my stuff and runs away*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: October 07, 2011, 06:49:50 pm »

Ok I just started using the buildcraft pipes but I can't get them to work!

The wooden engines don't move when powered with redstone and cannot have their direction changed with the wrench (yes the buildcraft one). The steel pipes don't prevent blocks from going through (both sides of the pump are colored in and the wrench won't change them.) The diamond pipes still have non filtered items going through them but spit them out.

I don't know what is wrong. Also, what is the screwdriver for?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: October 07, 2011, 06:50:56 pm »

Oh.. Dear... *picks up my stuff and runs away*
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: October 07, 2011, 07:03:20 pm »

Are you playing creative? BC doesn't play nice in that mode for some reason I cannot discern.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: October 07, 2011, 07:10:02 pm »

The wooden engines don't move when powered with redstone and cannot have their direction changed with the wrench (yes the buildcraft one). The steel pipes don't prevent blocks from going through (both sides of the pump are colored in and the wrench won't change them.) The diamond pipes still have non filtered items going through them but spit them out.

Quote from: Buildcraft thread
WARNING By default, the Energy mod is set to redstone power. In order to enable the engine powering machines, you will need to change a line in the BuildCraft config file:
power.framework=buildcraft.energy.PneumaticPowerFramework

I don't know about your other problems, but that might help with the engines one.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: October 07, 2011, 07:12:43 pm »

Are you playing creative? BC doesn't play nice in that mode for some reason I cannot discern.

No I am playing the 1.7 version. I think I got everything but the engines figured out. I got the redstone engine, and when i attatch it to redstone it starts "smoking" but doesn't pump. It's next to a wooden pump that is connected to a glowstone aggregator (from EE mod) and works with a normal redstone signal. I have the tried the engine in all different types of situations and they will not pump or change direction when I right click on them with the wrench.

Quote from: Buildcraft thread
WARNING By default, the Energy mod is set to redstone power. In order to enable the engine powering machines, you will need to change a line in the BuildCraft config file:
power.framework=buildcraft.energy.PneumaticPowerFramework

I don't know about your other problems, but that might help with the engines one.

Will try that,

EDIT: It works! Thx.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:16:46 pm by Micro102 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12698 on: October 07, 2011, 07:14:25 pm »

Give us a screenshot of your setup. The engines WILL NOT MOVE unless they have something to power fyi.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: October 07, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

I decided to finally stop being lazy and make a skin for myself for once. Note, I'm no artist and not amazingly creative.
What do you think?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: October 07, 2011, 07:28:49 pm »

May want to move the tool to his right side and make the vest open in the front to break up the visual monotony of clashing colors. Otherwise it's a pretty good first try.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: October 07, 2011, 07:35:52 pm »

Rest is the same. Better?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: October 07, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

Yeah. Try mixing up the shades on the yellow lines, just throw some darker bits in here and there. You can do that for the orange too. It'll make it fit more with the rest of the outfit, which looks a bit weathered.
Nothing important here, move along.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: October 07, 2011, 08:15:51 pm »

It's a reflective vest though, in real life those things look like neon signs. Shading is nice but on this subject it isn't as pressing.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: October 07, 2011, 08:18:25 pm »

Ok I have another, much more complicated problem.

Buildcraft automatic crafting tables don't recognize EE's infinite use items. Anyone know how to fix this? I need a mobius fuel factory.

Perhaps someone knows how to tweak the code so philosopher stones and volcanic amulets can stack?
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1380