Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419361 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11940 on: September 18, 2011, 06:56:28 pm »

Epic ocean crossings are a good thing. If you don't want to, you usually don't have to. But if you do want to, you've got an epic journey or project to undertake.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: September 18, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »

The problem with nether warps is there may not be 100 blocks in the direction you want, just a lava ocean.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: September 18, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »

We need speedboats for the oceans now though. How does Notch expect anyone to cross those? It would take forever even with a mine cart.
Isn't that what the Nether is for?

And how are you going to make it so a short trip in the nether = a long trip over an ocean?
You do know that for every block you move in the nether, you move eight in the normal world, right?  You jump in a portal, move 100 squares and make a portal.  That portal is now 800 squares in the direction you traveled.

Maybe I didn't understand your question.

That is false, I have made portals separated by 100 blocks, only to have them warp you back to your original portal. It happens many times.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: September 18, 2011, 07:49:39 pm »

Hmm, the Nether warp distance adjustment still works for me -- just tested in 1.8.1. They seem to for a lot of others, too.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: September 18, 2011, 08:01:44 pm »

You do know that for every block you move in the nether, you move eight in the normal world, right?  You jump in a portal, move 100 squares and make a portal.  That portal is now 800 squares in the direction you traveled.

Maybe I didn't understand your question.

That is false, I have made portals separated by 100 blocks, only to have them warp you back to your original portal. It happens many times.
[/quote]

Then something is wrong with your game. Its a commonly know fact that you can fast travel Via Nether.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:12 pm »

Do any of you find navigating through strongholds difficult?
I myself tend to easily get lost fast, so I just end up walling certain paths just so I wont get lost.
Anyone got any hint of what could be done? I have tried with signs, but most of the time I have no idea what to write on them.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: September 18, 2011, 08:26:08 pm »

You could try redstone wires
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: September 18, 2011, 09:05:32 pm »

Why not use redstone repeaters, with the arrow pointing in the direction back to the exit?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: September 18, 2011, 09:18:07 pm »

When you come to a decision, place two torches on the floor in the direction you came from.  Always go right first.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: September 18, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »

Creative worlds can be changed to survival somehow, no? Thought I had seen a link for a converter, but I can't find it now.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11950 on: September 18, 2011, 10:28:19 pm »

I think a possible solution to speed boats would be similar to minecarts. Possibly a combination of furnaces and redstone (and maybe a lever) attached to a boat.

However, I think it would, provided it's fueled by coal, I guess, you have controlled speed still as if it weren't powered, but you could move up to 5x faster on water now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:32:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: September 18, 2011, 10:46:21 pm »

Speedboats? Pah. I want galleys. Big, blocky galleys that ride the cubic waves and weather the harshest of square tempests. I want NPC sailors to come alongside and attempt to board and take my beloved boat in the midst of a legendary hurricane. I want the hull to whine and crack under the pressure of the Father Squid's tentacles, and I want to leap to safety as the mast disappears into his mighty beak. In short, ladies and gentlemen, I want ocean travel to be interesting because right now it is a great big laggy snorefest.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: September 18, 2011, 10:54:07 pm »

With cannon, so we can have massive sea battles.

NPC pirates would be difficult, but SO AWESOME.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: September 19, 2011, 12:54:13 am »

Quote from: people
nether travel

If I remember correctly, you have to be at least 250 blocks in the nether away from the original portal to have it create a new portal~

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: September 19, 2011, 12:55:48 am »

Not if you destroy the original portal~

(I think?)
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1380