Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419286 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11910 on: September 17, 2011, 10:16:41 am »

I made a new world, got a new skin, "wildman" and decided to try a pure nomad, hunter gatherer, sort of thing.  I just read American Gods, and so I decided, just for a bit of flavor, I had my "wildman" persona worship the various natural forces in Minecraft.  I had to stay for the night inside a cavernous mountain, so I ended up going "Praise the Mighty Mountain" a few times.  The cavern opening in the side of the mountain had some surface lava next to it, which I referred to as the "blood of the mountain".  I "sacrificed" quite a bit of my food in order to appease the mountain god, along with some leather, by throwing the stuff into the lava.  I was securing the perimeter, fixing up holes in the cavernous part of the mountain, when a creeper appeared.

I had taken to calling the creepers "green demons", and I managed to build a slight one block high barricade at the mouth of the entrance.  I prepared to fight it, when the creeper walked into the lava, burning itself to death.  I was in awe.  I profusely thanked the mountain for protecting me from the green demon, and sacrificed the last of my food.  A worthy sacrifice, in gratitude to such a benevolent god.

This just shows how fun Minecraft can be when you look past the gameplay, the graphics, everything. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11911 on: September 17, 2011, 02:14:29 pm »

I made a new world, got a new skin, "wildman" and decided to try a pure nomad, hunter gatherer, sort of thing.  I just read American Gods, and so I decided, just for a bit of flavor, I had my "wildman" persona worship the various natural forces in Minecraft.  I had to stay for the night inside a cavernous mountain, so I ended up going "Praise the Mighty Mountain" a few times.  The cavern opening in the side of the mountain had some surface lava next to it, which I referred to as the "blood of the mountain".  I "sacrificed" quite a bit of my food in order to appease the mountain god, along with some leather, by throwing the stuff into the lava.  I was securing the perimeter, fixing up holes in the cavernous part of the mountain, when a creeper appeared.

I had taken to calling the creepers "green demons", and I managed to build a slight one block high barricade at the mouth of the entrance.  I prepared to fight it, when the creeper walked into the lava, burning itself to death.  I was in awe.  I profusely thanked the mountain for protecting me from the green demon, and sacrificed the last of my food.  A worthy sacrifice, in gratitude to such a benevolent god.

This just shows how fun Minecraft can be when you look past the gameplay, the graphics, everything.

That sounds kinda fun. Imma try to do something similar: Travel in one direction night and day, without a bed. No time for building, of course.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: September 17, 2011, 03:41:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can you see it? Can you see the BRIDGE THROUGH HELL ITSELF? Seriously though, new pic from Jeb. Looks like some sort of NPC structures in the nether and a new type of brick block.
WOAH. Netherack bricks? Sweetness
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: September 17, 2011, 05:43:06 pm »

I mentioned Cordyceps way back. You see mushrooms growing from a mammal, you run. Come back in biohazard gear with napalm, if you must.

And am I the only one who can't see the bridge?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: September 17, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »

It's to the upper right.

And it looks like somebody's left finger flipping off the ground.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: September 17, 2011, 05:49:19 pm »

In the middle of the picture. Its a bit darker then then the other stuff

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: September 17, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »

It's not so much a bridge than a tower. Which can form as a bridge between the Nether and somewhere else if that somewhere else happened to exist above.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: September 17, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »

Oh, now I see it!
Are those bricks or planks?
What is that structure? A support for a bombed-out bridge or a watchtower or... something else?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: September 17, 2011, 06:00:21 pm »

Looks like a bridge to me. It extends back behind that pillar and the front looks like its fallen off.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: September 17, 2011, 06:30:06 pm »

For anyone who's having problems seeing the bridge I was hoping to get a better look myself so I increased the brightness and contrast.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Something to do with the zombie pig men perhaps? They'll probably leave it a mystery.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: September 17, 2011, 08:32:11 pm »

I was wondering if I could get some redstone help here, as I'm not very good with it, and this design is driving me mad.

Basically, I'm trying to build a retracting staircase, so far, I've got a swith, that powers 4 pistons in a row, which pull the floor away. This goes down underground, and powers 4 more pistons to raise the staircase 1 block up (really I just need to power the top one, but I like it this way). Anyways, it's the top one that's giving me the trouble. when I raise the stairs, the top stair pushes the floor block up one, buggering the whole thing up.
So, what I need is a delay that toggles. So the Staircase is delayed while opening, and the floor is delayed while closing........ Any ideas?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: September 17, 2011, 09:05:45 pm »

Try redstone repeaters. You can set delays

EEE
TRT
SSS

E=Empty
T=Redstone torch
R=Redstone
S=Smooth stone

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: September 17, 2011, 10:19:55 pm »

Yes, the problem is, opening the passage, I need the floor to delay, but closing it I need the stairs to delay.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #11923 on: September 17, 2011, 10:25:11 pm »

Perhaps you could do a latch of some kind?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: September 17, 2011, 11:57:28 pm »

I have an idea but cant show until tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 793 794 [795] 796 797 ... 1380