Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419051 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10905 on: August 05, 2011, 08:14:53 pm »

Trademarks, Copyrights, and Patents have their trolls. The system allows it.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: August 05, 2011, 08:38:24 pm »

Actually, on double-checking the facts: It's actually Zenimax that's suing. They're Bethesda's parent company, technically, not Bethesda themselves. Just FYI in case you were planning on attacking Bethesda directly; they're only indirectly related to the lawsuit.

Now, if you want to get mad at Bethesda for a legit, download Brink for the weekend. Can't pin the blame for that on Zenimax. :P

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: August 06, 2011, 12:26:46 am »

...And I shall randomly drop in and post this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: August 06, 2011, 02:43:37 am »

Now, if you want to get mad at Bethesda for a legit, download Brink for the weekend. Can't pin the blame for that on Zenimax. :P

2 bad bethesda suks anyway h8 h8 h8

anyone willing to look around the minecraft kindergarden forus for quotes? I'm sure there are some golden rages in there.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Freak

• Bay Watcher
  • World's Deadliest Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: August 06, 2011, 03:04:31 am »

Since I already have minecraft here's the trial code I got from the humble bundle.

Anybody who wanted to try the game now's your chance.

redeem it here.
https://www.minecraft.net/humble/

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10910 on: August 06, 2011, 03:39:08 am »

Amidst (that's totally a word, Chrome) all this legal excitement, it seems that an interesting update from Albaka has been ignored.

Quote from: http://www.industrial-craft.net/?p=208
Yes, due to an upcoming project, i will stop the developement of IC, fully and final.

It seems that he is stopping all work on IndustrialCraft, and instead rewriting it from the ground up, making it bigger and better than ever before, while also resetting the mildly absurd version number.  Unfortunately, it seems that he is adding in an extremely questionable feature:

9.  A IC-intern banlist preventing users, who previously bugged me too often or plainly pissed me off, from playing IC at all.

He's decided he wants to be able to ban people from even using his mod(s?) if they rub him the wrong way (assuming of course they don't simply remove themselves from the list in the mod files).  This is really sketchy, and while it is nice that he is at least up front about it, it isn't exactly commendable.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: August 06, 2011, 09:10:40 am »

Found this with stumbleupon:

Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #10912 on: August 06, 2011, 09:14:49 am »

And now they are even more terrifying *whimper*

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: August 07, 2011, 01:32:16 am »

My house is haunted  :'(. I took out a wooden wall and replaced it with cobble, so that I can have a fireplace. Since then, every time I've gone to sleep I heard the sound bit for running water. I'm scared that Notch stealth-updated my game with those creepy things, and they are building a society under my house, with canals or some shit. 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: August 07, 2011, 01:45:32 am »

Amidst (that's totally a word, Chrome) all this legal excitement, it seems that an interesting update from Albaka has been ignored.
What the hell, Chrome.

9.  A IC-intern banlist preventing users, who previously bugged me too often or plainly pissed me off, from playing IC at all.
While I'm not really familiar with him otherwise, this indeed sounds like a tantrum being built-in by a conceited punk.

Found this with stumbleupon:
FFFF-
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: August 07, 2011, 07:21:05 am »

While I'm not really familiar with him otherwise, this indeed sounds like a tantrum being built-in by a conceited punk.
You forgot to say: HEYOOO!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10916 on: August 07, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »

Agreed. And to be honest, I never found IndustrialCraft to be all that great. Yes, the complexity was fun for a while, but I got tired of it pretty quickly.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: August 07, 2011, 12:36:44 pm »

Yes, due to an upcoming project, i will stop the developement of IC, fully and final.

It seems that he is stopping all work on IndustrialCraft, and instead rewriting it from the ground up, making it bigger and better than ever before, while also resetting the mildly absurd version number.  Unfortunately, it seems that he is adding in an extremely questionable feature:

He's decided he wants to be able to ban people from even using his mod(s?) if they rub him the wrong way (assuming of course they don't simply remove themselves from the list in the mod files).  This is really sketchy, and while it is nice that he is at least up front about it, it isn't exactly commendable.

This happened with the LawlCraft server for creative mode. The code was passed from person to person who officially supported it, and someone else decided to use the name of the server that used the software and update it. The previous host of the server (who I liked much better) put their server back up with the newer updated software and the same name, and the person who had the newer server apparently had some sort of ban thing to make the server self destruct.

Which doesn't really work when someone has the (albeit older) source of your software and knows how to change it to have everything you have.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: August 07, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »

It is an asshole thing to do. 

But that's fine by me.  He has reason.

Frankly, if I was writing a mod, and I got as much shit flung at me by out-of-control harassing simians as he has, I'd abandon it completely.  And maybe stop playing the base game as well.

That he has only two names on his planned banlist is commendable.  I would guess that it's two out of Smart Alex, berserker77, and thatoneguy8 / thatoneperson7 (and other alts).  All of whom are utter fuckheads.

As for editing the banlist, I don't imagine any of the fuckheads mentioned above have the skills needed.  Nor do I imagine they have the social skills needed to convince someone else to help them out.  Now they shall suffer the consequences for their actions.

The worrisome thing for me is not the banlist.  It is the ground-up rewrite.  That is the kiss of death for software, particularly noncommercial hobby stuff.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: August 07, 2011, 01:04:41 pm »

A large part of the compatibility also depends on some new modding format being suddenly supported by other mods people like to have. Not a kiss of death necessarily, but it does add more unneeded limitations to what mods you can and cant have together.

And here I thought he abandoned BC for his new medieval mod thing that I was completely uninterested in.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1380