Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420369 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10515 on: July 03, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »

Fair enough, I suppose.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: July 03, 2011, 08:39:09 pm »

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: July 03, 2011, 09:30:18 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBDNzMqgJiM
Minecraft turing machine.

That is so, so, soooo sexy.

Also, mechanical T-FlipFlops! GENIUS! I can see it now; a single line of rails, with a d-rail hooked up to a stripped down version of the button based compact rs-nor latch system (I used it in Grand Central on the old planehacked map), each seperated by a powered rail. Cart goes on, triggers the latch then stops at the next booster rail.

You wouldn't need a multiplexer either, because the output is discrete. Oh wow, and you could have a complete reset at any point by hooking a seperate button up (through a metastable circuit) to every booster bar the first, that drives the cart back home. You could even have it count both forwards & backwards with a little jigging!

So many ideas...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: July 05, 2011, 01:24:56 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to easily edit the sounds that note blocks play? Like, would it be possible to make them play a sound clip from a file rather than their original sound?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10519 on: July 05, 2011, 02:13:44 pm »

You can change the instrument they play by putting them on different blocks.
The wiki has some information on that.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10520 on: July 05, 2011, 02:14:56 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to easily edit the sounds that note blocks play? Like, would it be possible to make them play a sound clip from a file rather than their original sound?

I think that sort of functionality would work better with the jukebox. I'd love to be able to load music into Minecraft.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: July 05, 2011, 03:05:43 pm »

PlasticCraft adds a red music disk that's editable sound.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: July 05, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »

Well... I was thinking more along the lines of sound effects and/or voice clips than music.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: July 05, 2011, 05:45:57 pm »

Hey guys, i kind of always hated the way admins force specefic aspects of gameplay, such as being nice to each other and not destroying stuff.
I did a thought experiment.

Imagine a server were admins only ban hackers, there are rules, but they are player enforced. All players are encouraged to cooperate and build a settlement, a city, some community with personal privacy. The players that do not want to cooperate should leave the place now, or be driven away by mad aspies with sticks. So now we got alot of players playing together, trading, some make animal farms and some chop wood, while others mine, some leave the area and hunt for monster items, they trade for stuff. But enforcing rules is hard without somebody to enforce the rules, we make a law enforcement organisation, take enough people to keep atleast one patrolling all the time(shift duties), but not so many that all in the city are guards. Every person must donate a valueable item to the communal share for their own spot of land inside the city walls, or else they would have to either live outside the city, or in some kind of appartment. Say a stack of planks for a 16x16 spot, a stack of lumber/2-4 pieces of iron for a 32x32 spot. So we got a fixed amount of large and small spots designated, now we need walls surrounding the city and infrastructure done between the spots, all communal buildings up and recreational area's reserved, we also need everything lit up so no monsters will spawn. So with a completely functioning city, we also need a law, the rules usually enforced by admins should be enforced by steel sword wielding guards:

1. Everyone must donate atleast a quarter stack of products every real day, if one does not donate to the communal shares, they can be subject to any kind of fitting punishment.
2. All citizens must obey the laws, the law enforcers are not lifted above the law, law 3 can, however be ignored in severe cases of violence. Failure to do so will result in fitting punishment.
3. You must not commit violence or murder, punishment varies from minor damage resulting in fines, serious damage resulting in imprisonment and death of the victim direct or indirect resulting in banishment/death sentence/long time imprisonment.
4. If, in any given circumstance you are arrested by the law enforcers, resisting arrest may result in fines being raised, and in cases of violence towards the law enforcer, the enforcer is allowed to respond with violence, if the attack is not ceased, the enforcer may kill the offender.
4.1: Dropped loot must be donated to the communal share
5. A citizen must keep the settlement intact, any kind of vandalism will be punished with a fine, and in serious cases, imprisonment. In cases of death,  follow law 3.
6. In situations of initiation or emergency, everyone must share their goods of use, failure to do so will result in morale punishment and possibly dehumanization/being marked as personae non gratae.
7. A citizen can posess basic tools like shovels, hoes and pickaxes, however they must not posess weapons of any kind, swords, bows axes. And must not posess potentially dangerous tools such as buckets and fire kits. A persons habitat may feature storage faccilities, non-flammable lightning and stoves, crafting benches are restricted to crafters due to the potentially dangerous items you can procure with such faccility. Breaking this law is subject to fines, and in serious cases, imprisonment.
8. The communal share is for purposes of helping the new comer, the poor, the unestablished and for maintainence and security, treasury and fine crafts are the mayor's possesion and may be used in trades with privates and other settlements. Greed is subject to banishment.
9. A working citizen, must posess faccilities and tools related to their work, one may sign up for communal work, were all prvileges and faccilities are at their disposal for free, given that all product goes to communal share. Privates may invest in privileges such as crafting, weapon possesion etc. for a grade 1 valueable. However they must specefy the purpose.
10. 1/8 of the population may be of administrative rolesm the other unemployed citizens.. 1/4th of the population may be communal workers and the rest private citizens.
11. All citizens have the right to privacy, possessing ther items of their own, however any illegal action may be punished by confiscation of the item used in the crime.
12. One may not infringe others rights of privacy, this includes tresspassing, harrasment, sexual harrasment, and actions such as unauthorised access of another citizens chest.

If the enforcers would actually enforce this (incomplete) list of laws, and no admin interference other than in cases of hacking, things would be top dolllar, so outside the city is total anarchy.

Please respond to this, it took time to write.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: July 05, 2011, 06:15:11 pm »

Sounds like a great idea, but here's a good tip for all future server owners. NEVER ADVERTISE ON THE MINECRAFT FORUMS. Just don't do it, trust me. It will ruin your server.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #10525 on: July 05, 2011, 06:16:32 pm »

-stuff-
Main problem is that a lot of things are difficult to tell, as you cannot see anyone's entire inventory, and you can easily make a craft bench from a single log. It's all to difficult to enforce, let alone trace. Just as well, one can easily punch right through stone given a few minutes, so it makes prisons less feasible. Even worse, anyone walking on their own can too easily make themselves max teir in weaponry and armor, and can literally take out a lot of the city's population with ease given a few well placed tnt, some magma, and a bow and arrow.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: July 05, 2011, 06:20:02 pm »

Iceball, with the help of server plugins many of these problems can be solved. Townie makes it so only the people apart of that town can break blocks and build stuff. A few others let admins and mods see other people's inventory. So the server idea is plausible, but it would be pretty difficult to run.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: July 05, 2011, 06:54:22 pm »

Most of the basics of the game engine is in place, so it’s time to flesh this game out into something more gamey. More content, more exploration, more things to do, and interesting combat! Once this update is out, there will only some tweaks, optimizations and code cleanups left to the core game before we can call it a full release.

We’ve got a list of some 40+ things we want to add to the game, some small, some big. Some huge. We’ve finished a fair number of the items, but there’s still a significant amount of work left. While I can’t reveal the date yet for various reasons, we do have a release date for the Adventure Update in mind, and we’re hoping we’ll be able to hit it.

Jens and I are keeping the exact contents of the update secret, but we do leak some information every now and then to keep people interested and to stop us from going insane. For the most immediate spoilers, you can follow us on Twitter (@notch and @jeb_), or on Google+ (+Markus Persson and +Jens Bergensten).

Here are a few of the things we’ve revealed so far:

-  NPC villages
  -  Randomly generated dungeons
  -  New biome code
  -  Fully working Creative Mode (and individual admins can enter Creative Mode on a Survival Mode server if they choose)
  -  Critical hits
  -  Sprinting
  -  More farming options

As soon as I can reveal the release date we’re aiming for, I will!

Oh, and the modding support is happening, honest.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10528 on: July 05, 2011, 07:04:14 pm »

Oh, and the modding support is happening, honest.

Right, sure.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: July 05, 2011, 08:39:00 pm »

So, NPC's and more cookies and pretty much everything mods have had for months.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1380