Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421771 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10140 on: June 21, 2011, 03:25:10 am »

So what's the most popular DF minecraft server right now? Never done multiplayer before.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: June 21, 2011, 03:44:30 am »

So what's the most popular DF minecraft server right now? Never done multiplayer before.

Planehacked. I think every other one has gone under.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: June 21, 2011, 04:25:22 am »

Aklyon does a pretty snazzy Minecraft server. We just got done Livestreaming some multiplayer with some 8-odd people, in a map set up to stack 3 world-maps on top of one another, which was pretty cool.

We had the normal World, above which was Skylands (floating islands), above which was finally Space (an empty, stary void), and you could climb up or fall down to travel between them. There were also moving airships and glass helmets and GDI bunkers and all sorts of utter silliness. It was quite fun. Video over on the Stream!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: June 21, 2011, 11:16:06 am »

Jackrabit, it depends on what you want. For serious minecrafting, apply for planehacked project server. For fun and silliness, Aklyon's server.
Aklyon does a pretty snazzy Minecraft server. We just got done Livestreaming some multiplayer with some 8-odd people, in a map set up to stack 3 world-maps on top of one another, which was pretty cool.

We had the normal World, above which was Skylands (floating islands), above which was finally Space (an empty, stary void), and you could climb up or fall down to travel between them. There were also moving airships and glass helmets and GDI bunkers and all sorts of utter silliness. It was quite fun. Video over on the Stream!
Ye gods, did we really do that for more than five and a half hours?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: June 21, 2011, 11:31:58 am »

You did.
It looked glorious.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10145 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:34 pm »

Planning on making a new Planehacked server- PvP competitive. The idea is, the game will last a month or so at a time. Whoever has the most gold, saddles, diamonds, gunpowder/TNT, and so on, wins.

The winner will get... THIS*!

There would be no rules except "keep it in the game"- so hacks, metagaming and so on would be banned, but things like collecting a gang of creepers and running them into an enemy's base is cool, as is lighting huge areas on fire to limit the wood supply of other players.

This will not be your standard minecraft game- it will be competitive griefing, more or less. Perhaps that is too strong- you could possibly win merely by hiding away and mining very, very, very far from everyone else. But that would not be as easy as finding someone else's gold and taking it for yourself.

I am considering doing away with the whitelist for this- I'm not sure.

Anyone interested?

*A picture of a trophy. You can print it out, if you want.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #10146 on: June 21, 2011, 01:18:49 pm »

I am interested.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #10147 on: June 21, 2011, 02:02:08 pm »

Very interested. I want it now!
1=0

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: June 21, 2011, 02:55:19 pm »

I see three main issues with that.

First of all, it'd be more find-the-cache than attack-the-base. There'd be no particular reason to build anything of note, and no reason to store anything anywhere except on your person or hidden in a pit in the middle of nowhere.

Secondly, not everyone's going to be on at the same time, which means a lot of the griefing, if there is any, would just involve dismantling their base and rooting around for their stash. You could potentially set a trap in there, but even that'd be of limited use if you weren't around to collect the spoils.

Third, how much gold you have is likely going to be a result of how much you play, not how well you've done. It's certainly not going to have a whole lot to do with how many other players you've killed, because unless you're extremely good at it (and they're carrying their stuff on them), you're just as likely to get ganked and lose your stuff as you are to take someone else's- and the time spent gearing up and searching for them is time you could have spent spelunking.

I do like the concept, but I think it'd just turn into a boring, nearly-featureless server where the point is to mine caves for no particular reason, and every now and then you get ambushed and killed or your secret cache disappears. I'd recommend something a bit more structured for a PvP server.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10149 on: June 21, 2011, 05:26:05 pm »

-cough-

N@W. Round 2 is coming up soon.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: June 21, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »

Meanwhile, a giant argument has erupted about adf.ly on the forums. Much flamewarring ensues. Personally I am anti-adf.ly as I have experienced it attempting to install a virus to me from one of it's ads. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/398180-poll-and-discussion-use-of-adfly

http://yogiverse.com/showthread.php?11017-Modders-report-in!-YOG-compilation-Pack!

YOG compilation pack is the new NOW (same 'director'/chief modder) and is looking awesome, they got proper permission from the creators this time and it's shaping up nice!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:39:34 pm by Tilla »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: June 21, 2011, 10:45:34 pm »

So... um.  What is NOW?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: June 21, 2011, 11:04:16 pm »

Compilation of quite a few Minecraft mods.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: June 21, 2011, 11:41:30 pm »

*looks at link*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: June 22, 2011, 02:39:19 am »

Meanwhile, a giant argument has erupted about adf.ly on the forums. Much flamewarring ensues. Personally I am anti-adf.ly as I have experienced it attempting to install a virus to me from one of it's ads. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/398180-poll-and-discussion-use-of-adfly
I wonder why the poll doesn't include texture packs as plenty of those use adf.ly, mine doesn't, however. No Script and Adblock plus likely saved me from any viruses.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1380