Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "What the hell is Shuri doing?"  (Read 2156 times)

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
"What the hell is Shuri doing?"
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:19:53 pm »

Today, a screenshot.

Feel free to try and figure out what sort of evil plan I'm brewing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: "What the hell is Shuri doing?"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 02:21:46 pm »

Yer digging out the entire map for the Scour the Earth thread!

Brace yerself for my entry when I finish it. I finally got masses of picks, so things should go more quickly now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 02:30:29 pm »

Got any unique designs for the end result when it collapses?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 03:07:45 pm »

I can't figure out your tileset, so I have no idea what you're doing.

There appears to be vast stockpiles of stone blocks, that much I can figure out; up in the upper left there's something that looks like a wood stockpile, but I can't figure out what's in the stockpile directly below that one.

The yellow-brown land in the middle, I think that's a desert, but I haven't a clue what the white squares on the sides are.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 04:26:17 pm »

I can see masses of stone blocks, and the sotckpile the farthest up on the far left row contains barrels for food or booze.

I also see loads of bins, presumably for crafts or such.

I have no idea what those stockpiles on the right are, ammo?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 04:35:50 pm »

Whatever it is, it'll involve copious amounts of magma.

Yssago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 07:06:25 pm »

Are you trying to collapse the world?
I wanted to try that someday, but on the smallest map possible.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 08:28:36 pm »

Turning all of the stone on the map into blocks and storing them into bins, thereby compacting the entire area into 5% its size?
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 08:41:45 pm »

the dwarf world's biggest Go board.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 08:53:10 pm »

the dwarf world's biggest Go board.
*Writes idea down*

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 10:44:06 pm »

Judging from the "river" that's been carved out, I'm guessing that you're recreating a 2D style map :)

Looking at it again though, those look like they might just be the scars of channels that had been mined from above to drain the pools before the map was cleared down to the same level as the bottom of the pools. It's hard to tell.

Not sure what the blocks are for though... building up a proper cliff face? Or just something to do with the stone after carving down an entire mountain?

I also see loads of bins, presumably for crafts or such.

I have no idea what those stockpiles on the right are, ammo?

I think those are metal bars, which would explain why they're mixed in with blocks: it's a bar/block stockpile by default.

Which means that all those bins are likely to be blocks also. :o

There appears to be vast stockpiles of stone blocks, that much I can figure out; up in the upper left there's something that looks like a wood stockpile, but I can't figure out what's in the stockpile directly below that one.

The yellow-brown land in the middle, I think that's a desert, but I haven't a clue what the white squares on the sides are.

If you're talking about the leftwards upper-left stockpile, I think those are barrels; most likely food and booze. The one below that is probably bags. If this is a desert, I would guess that they're filled with sand.

I thought the white tiles on the side looked like unmined stone tiles, but there are objects (such as beds and dwarves) that are "embedded" in it. Maybe smoothed stone floors?
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 12:56:38 am »

I'm curious... what is it you're doing?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 01:04:29 am »

I'm curious... what is it you've done?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 02:08:42 am »

So yeah, I've enlarged that picture so I could get a better look. Seems like you're doing the earthquake machine dealio. Channel as close to the edge of the map as possible down as far as possible and just make a GIANT hole in the ground. I say afterward you fill it with water for the most awesome pool EVER!
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 04:30:01 am »

Hmmmm, the astronomic amount of stone blocks, as well as the all-smooth z-level makes me believe you have removed all the stone and earth from this z-level and any above it, creating a completely flat map. The moat around the edges and the river path across the middle have me confused, though. Perhaps you plan to recreate the map with inverted heights?
Pages: [1] 2