Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Suggestion: Robbing Banks and Jacking Tanks  (Read 3808 times)

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
Re: Suggestion: Robbing Banks and Jacking Tanks
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 09:31:30 pm »

You don't have to steal one, you can always build your own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdVisdX1IL0&feature=fvsr

If I ever steal/build a tank, I will not be *chased* by police cruisers. ;)

I know discussions of actual views and issues aren't meant for this board, but you gotta love that video.  Heemeyer may have been a delusional psycho, but you have to respect that he actually went through with that brooding final revenge plan we've all rattling around the dark corners of our minds.  Here's to you Marvin, for living the dream.
Worth noting that he didn't actually kill anyone except himself, and there's significant doubt (as usual) regarding the police statements that he tried to kill anyone else. I noticed that alot of the bureaucrats in my area became a bit more polite for a short time after that attack.

Hard to say how that happened.  While I'd speculate he didn't want to kill any people he deemed innocent, it's probably luck that kept the individuals he didn't like alive.

By the way, I'm betting our rank on the CIA watch list just jumped with this topic. ;D
Mine didn't :/

You must rank too high already for this to mean anything. ;D
Hey, if Senators can be on the watch list... (yes, they have been)
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 02:47:53 am »

I know discussions of actual views and issues aren't meant for this board, but you gotta love that video.  Heemeyer may have been a delusional psycho, but you have to respect that he actually went through with that brooding final revenge plan we've all rattling around the dark corners of our minds.  Here's to you Marvin, for living the dream.
Worth noting that he didn't actually kill anyone except himself, and there's significant doubt (as usual) regarding the police statements that he tried to kill anyone else. I noticed that alot of the bureaucrats in my area became a bit more polite for a short time after that attack.

Hard to say how that happened.  While I'd speculate he didn't want to kill any people he deemed innocent, it's probably luck that kept the individuals he didn't like alive.

By the way, I'm betting our rank on the CIA watch list just jumped with this topic. ;D

Liberal quote pyramid go!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 08:50:48 am »

Robbing banks: pro, Jacking tanks: no.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 10:04:00 am »

Liberal quote pyramid go!
Yeah, but `jacking tanks' would be a lot less likely than, say, stealing them as a car.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 11:00:25 am »

yeah M1 abrams verses police battering ram  :o

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 04:55:07 pm »

Eh, CIA don't care about me. Neither does the FBI for that matter.

I'm just a Crazy Redneck-Geeky Anarchist hybrid who lives too far out in the country to damage things they consider important (or to get damaged by it). I spend too much time spewing on the internet and at the local watering holes, and I sometimes say silly things when I'm off my meds.

Ain't hiding from nobody, nobody's hiding from me.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 06:18:04 pm »

I don't think anyone here seriously thought they ended up on any government agency's watchlist because of discussions here, or that they ever could.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 06:26:12 pm »

I don't think anyone here seriously thought they ended up on any government agency's watchlist because of discussions here, or that they ever could.
Yeah, they're *totally* smarter than that.  ::)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 07:29:59 pm »

I have a question. Why is it that people want to rob banks when LCS currently allows you to rob Corporate HQs and CEO Houses, and a raid on those two areas would likely give out money than a bank robbery ever would. (Especially if you sell any documents you encounter)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 07:51:26 pm »

I have a question. Why is it that people want to rob banks when LCS currently allows you to rob Corporate HQs and CEO Houses, and a raid on those two areas would likely give out money than a bank robbery ever would. (Especially if you sell any documents you encounter)

Well it depends. If the bank in question is the place where the money of the chain is stored... Then you can get millions (assuming you can circulate it)

Here is something:
Producing a lot of counterfit and Hot money shouldn't give you any money. It should only work by exchanging it for real/cold Cash! (Or not... nevermind)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 07:55:59 pm »

There was some Mafia mmorpg a while back that divided Legal Money from Illegal Money. Illegal Money is money you get from illegal activites, and you have to engage in money laundering to turn that illegal money into 'legal' money, which you can then use to purchase legal, above the board stuff, like businesses.

Using illegal money to purchase a business would eventually raise questions of where you got said income from. This will get you in trouble with the Feds, who will nail you for Tax Evasion.

The whole system seems a bit too complex for LCS, not worth the effort of implementation.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 09:24:55 am »

For tanks I draw your attention to this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Nelson#Tank_rampage
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 10:10:35 am »

For tanks I draw your attention to this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Nelson#Tank_rampage

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And: Marvin Heemeyer

Afterwards, the modified bulldozer came to be known as "Killdozer", although only Heemeyer was killed in the incident.

I wanna have modified vehicles in LCS too!

See also: Jerusalem bulldozer attack, Killdozer! (Book), Killdozer! (Film), People shot dead by cops in the U.S.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:38:09 am by LiteralKa »

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 01:40:57 pm »

I'd rather build a mech, or a "mecha-monster" as I perfer to call it. :D
Eh, I prefer the star destroyer, I can rain death down upon all my enemies at once!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3