Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Suggestion: Robbing Banks and Jacking Tanks  (Read 3805 times)

Twisting Helix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Robbing Banks and Jacking Tanks
« on: May 17, 2009, 01:57:01 pm »

Hi!

Jonathan, thanks for investing all the time and effort to improve and expand the game. Its very addicting.

I was just curious if you had any plans to implement a bank heist option. Although this is heading towards GTA waters I think it would be perfect for the setting, given the SLA's history. 

Also, why not hijacking a tank for the Glorious Liberal Leader? Why? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vESIVemfG8

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Robbing Banks and Jacking Tanks
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 03:00:11 pm »

Robbing tanks has been suggested by many others many times, although it's good of you to bring it up so we don't forget. I can't wait for bank robberies to be implemented.

Jacking tanks sounds intresting, if a little far-fetched and unbalanced.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 03:20:17 pm »

It was once possible to talk to tanks about the issues or to date tanks. Doing so can convince the tank to join up with the LCS. This was removed in a later release, instead placed with an easter egg.

BEES! say:
"Do you want to hear something disturbing?"

The tank shakes his turret a firm no.

But with the new Military issue, it would make sense if an L+ military, what with low pay and all, would be more willing to defect to the LCS.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 03:51:49 pm »

Or in the far-flung future easter egg having AI tanks at L+ having a mandatory sympathy algorithm and could join up. Also, though I'm totally in favor of the banks, it start to sounds like text-version GTA with the stealing of tanks. Then again, LCS lets you do some things that are more offensive than GTA.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 04:04:38 pm »

[14:04] <@Snowbot> I think LCS players need to be less cruel.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:39 pm »

Tank demonstrates to Christopher Valdez why Communism failed with the use of a HEAT shell.
Christopher Valdez remains strong.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:56 pm »

Robbing banks should be implimented... just a new action site filled with people, security guards and a quick police reponse with a "Bank Vault" item that can be interacted with to dispense money to the LCS.

I mean, young Joseph Stalin's forte' was robbing banks to fund the Soviet Revolution back in the day, why can't the LCS take from the capitalist bastards what they took from AMERICA?

Stealing tanks is a little iffy... you cannot steal a tank and get away with it IRL without a lot of heat... It should be a one-shot deal or something that quickly escalates the focus and violent Conservative responses to the LCS and only a squad of Liberals with a high skill level in a relevant catagory should beable to activate it.

You'd need a new Army Camp action site to support the tank-stealing part... not like winning over a tank crew during a seige with the power of Liberal Rock like in the older versions.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 02:48:24 am »

Also, why not hijacking a tank for the Glorious Liberal Leader? Why? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vESIVemfG8
You don't have to steal one, you can always build your own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdVisdX1IL0&feature=fvsr

If I ever steal/build a tank, I will not be *chased* by police cruisers. ;)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 03:38:10 am »

I'd rather build a mech, or a "mecha-monster" as I perfer to call it. :D

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 03:53:25 am »

I know discussions of actual views and issues aren't meant for this board, but you gotta love that video.  Heemeyer may have been a delusional psycho, but you have to respect that he actually went through with that brooding final revenge plan we've all rattling around the dark corners of our minds.  Here's to you Marvin, for living the dream.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 02:44:49 pm »

I know discussions of actual views and issues aren't meant for this board, but you gotta love that video.  Heemeyer may have been a delusional psycho, but you have to respect that he actually went through with that brooding final revenge plan we've all rattling around the dark corners of our minds.  Here's to you Marvin, for living the dream.
Worth noting that he didn't actually kill anyone except himself, and there's significant doubt (as usual) regarding the police statements that he tried to kill anyone else. I noticed that alot of the bureaucrats in my area became a bit more polite for a short time after that attack.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 02:46:56 pm »

Worth noting that he didn't actually kill anyone except himself, and there's significant doubt (as usual) regarding the police statements that he tried to kill anyone else. I noticed that alot of the bureaucrats in my area became a bit more polite for a short time after that attack.
I would too if there had just been a tank in the neighborhood.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 08:58:55 pm »

Hard to say how that happened.  While I'd speculate he didn't want to kill any people he deemed innocent, it's probably luck that kept the individuals he didn't like alive.

By the way, I'm betting our rank on the CIA watch list just jumped with this topic. ;D

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 09:01:52 pm »

Hard to say how that happened.  While I'd speculate he didn't want to kill any people he deemed innocent, it's probably luck that kept the individuals he didn't like alive.

By the way, I'm betting our rank on the CIA watch list just jumped with this topic. ;D
Mine didn't :/
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 09:26:15 pm »

Mine didn't :/

You must rank too high already for this to mean anything. ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3