Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Training toughness?  (Read 1161 times)

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Training toughness?
« on: May 17, 2009, 01:50:23 am »

how do you do it??? Im a legendary+5 thrower legendary+1 ambusher high master swimmer and proficient swordsman and shield user with perfectly agile and ultra-mighy with only 1 level in toughness... is there any specific way to train it??

P.S. I also can't get companions whatsoever its just I would... rather not! or my service is here and I can't find any drunks anywhere...
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Training toughness?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 02:36:15 am »

More training.

...Yeah its pretty much the only way to get that toughness up, more levels in a skill.

If you want THAT to go along faster, try practicing your wrestling skills on a animal, you'll get the levels faster than if you keep working on a already high up there skill, and its not that dangerous at all if its just a dog or a cat.

Though making super adventurers is a pretty fruitless effort when they can be killed just as easily by a lucky arrow. One to the face, and it gets through your imaginary Attribute defenses via RNG, than all those hours of hard work mean virtually nothing.

At least, they would mean something if there was more to this game then killing bears and fighting a fruitless but utterly entertaining fight against a horde of Orcs.

Also, put your Adventure Mode QUESTIONS in the Gameplay Questions Forum next time.

Oh, and GO PLAY DWARF MODE.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:37:49 am by WorkerDrone »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:17:54 am »

Nah, adventure mode is great for a laugh.  Snapping limbs of semi "megabeasts" is extremely fun.  Especially since all the giants I find have already passed out in pain.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:28:52 pm »

If you want THAT to go along faster, try practicing your wrestling skills on a animal, you'll get the levels faster than if you keep working on a already high up there skill, and its not that dangerous at all if its just a dog or a cat.

Didn't you get attributes for experience points, and not for skill levels?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 02:36:17 pm »

as far as I can tell, the skills which help fro toughness are armor use and sheild use. Basically, sit there with a non-dangerous animal and let them pummel you.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 02:40:21 pm »

Though making super adventurers is a pretty fruitless effort when they can be killed just as easily by a lucky arrow. One to the face, and it gets through your imaginary Attribute defenses via RNG, than all those hours of hard work mean virtually nothing.
That is unless you totaly nerf arrows like I do. They dont even penetrates half the time anymore.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 02:51:41 pm »

That is unless you totaly nerf arrows like I do. They dont even penetrates half the time anymore.
I didn't bother changing the weapons rules instead I've added a new incredibly powerful megabeast - Greater Demons.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!