Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf: The Hammering  (Read 3697 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf: The Hammering
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 03:56:30 pm »

Hey Taritus. Looks good!

If you want good pictures/cards go to Creative Projects forum "I am Drawing Stuff". People there may help.

Sharpshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 04:22:40 pm »

I cant seem to DL the current cards. It just gives me a giant wall of text. (it's all the cards without any spaces or line ends.)

Any opinions on my {Contraptions} idea? or was it too far fetched with M:TG rules?

Also can I please get a offical rule book or something? I have no idea how to play M:TG or this.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 08:37:45 pm »

Uh, wut?  I just dl'd them and opened in notepad, and they're fine (they're just supposed to be text).  What'd you try opening the file with? 

Sharpshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 08:48:39 pm »

Ahh, well when I clicked the Download Link it simply opened in the web browser.
I just used Save Target As and it worked fine.
Not sure if the Download Link is the sites fault or because I use IE7.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 09:26:39 pm »

Epic awesomeness! This one worries me, though.

/ [Dwarven Forgeworker]
            (f) (m)
            {Dwarf}
            (m) : Add (m) x2 to your resource pile.
            1/1 \
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 06:05:34 am »

Oh, heh, yeah.  I ought to add a (X) to that cost too...

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 10:09:57 pm »

I like the way the card syntax is organized. Don't change it much, I want to screw around with Python a bit.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 10:55:39 pm »

Hey Taritus. Looks good!

If you want good pictures/cards go to Creative Projects forum "I am Drawing Stuff". People there may help.

(Had some stuff here, removed it.) We can use a program called Magic Set Editor to make this stuff really easy. If somebody wants to change up the card frames, go ahead, but it's pretty complicated. I'll whip up some cost symbols. Other than that and some quick recolors and font changes, nothing else is really needed.

Oh, heh, yeah.  I ought to add a (X) to that cost too...

Please, for my sanity, use T to represent tapping instead of X. It makes it hard to know when you're talking about X costs as compared to tapping. This is just irking me really bad, you know?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:25:44 pm by Mr.Person »
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Sharpshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 11:45:48 pm »

Please, for my sanity, use T to represent tapping instead of X. It makes it hard to know when you're talking about X costs as compared to tapping. This is just irking me really bad, you know?

Agreed, this is confusing enough for me as it is.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 04:46:29 am »

If anybody who can draw well beyond mspaint then card images would be awesome, but ASCII action shots would be pretty good too. Imagine a hammerdwarf card with a hammerdwrf knocking a creature depending on the deck theme away (Bringing me to a second suggestion, I'll get to that.), like elephants for Boatmurdered, sklek for Nist Akath, gobbos or orcs for soething generic etc.

The deck themes would be based of famous community stories, with decks aimed at replicating the strengths and weaknesses of those forts. A Nist Akath deck would be snow themed with siege engines and a few, highly expensive champion dwarfs. while a Boatmurdered deck would focus on magma based defenses and would be lacking in the offensive department.
A Blockedlance deck would be like a black magic deck, with lots of sacrifices in order to get bonusses in defense and to directly damga the hostile fort (Armok using the power of the sacrifices to nudge the target fort with his small toe, dealing 4 fort points damage, etc.)
An OlonKulet would be another turtle deck, while a Greatbridge or Copperblazes deck would focus on artifacts and megaprojects, etc.

These wouldn't require any custom rules, but it would enable people to assemble themed decks approved by the makers of the game and if possible the story they're based on, that get a few cool combinations.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 11:23:47 am »

I guess I could change the tap symbol.  It won't take too long.  I'll upload the fixed set later.

Sharpshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 04:43:30 pm »

If anybody who can draw well beyond mspaint then card images would be awesome, but ASCII action shots would be pretty good too. Imagine a hammerdwarf card with a hammerdwrf knocking a creature depending on the deck theme away (Bringing me to a second suggestion, I'll get to that.), like elephants for Boatmurdered, sklek for Nist Akath, gobbos or orcs for soething generic etc.

Im looking at M:TG cards and I will say this right now, they are confusing as far as their style goes, it is impossible to see why each card has X card design, they have either changed it alot over time or have a system that requires I know how the game works.

If I make a card design for this I will probably base it off the Yu-Gi-Oh card design.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 06:16:23 pm by Sharpshot »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 04:58:52 pm »

Im looking at M:TG cards and I will say this right now, they are confusing as far as their style goes, it is impossible to see why each card has X card design, they have either changed it alot over time or have a system that requires I know how the game works.

If I make a card design for this I will probably base it off the Yu-Gi-Oh card design. Anyone who thinks Yu-Gi-Oh is the spawn of satan and that even useing their design is a sin so great I should be banned from DF forever is welcome to make his own first.

Not trolling, but what exactly is confusing?

The problem with Yu-Gi-Oh has always been terrible card design and balance. The biggest reason for that is that everything is the same in-game price- Free. Since everything is free, you play the best possible effects. Well the morons who makes the game always make broken ass effects at the higher rarity slots. Even after the broken effects get banned, the best cards are always at the higher rarities. Since the only good cards are at least rare, if not ultra-super-secret-godly-omega-uber rare, duels are actually contests to see who put the most money into buying cards, since a guy using all commons will get creamed by the guy using even a few rares.

Luckily, we'll be doing all that shit and we don't really care, no worries. Since all we really need is a blank card frame anyways, it doesn't really matter what system we choose.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Sharpshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 06:15:49 pm »

I don't care about Yu-Gi-Oh's flaws and bad design choices, but their card layout has stayed exactly the same so I don't find difference like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure why they are different of if I just fail at finding the proper cards, but I'm not sure if these are all just different card types within Magic:TG or if they decided to change the card layout every so often.
EDIT: I might use Yu-Gi-Oh's layout anyway because it's a simple layout so it's an easy edit.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 07:49:44 pm »

I think bones should be a resource. Just my personal opinion.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4