Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180563 times)

tompaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4
« Reply #705 on: January 23, 2010, 09:39:11 am »

I tried to regen but still have the same problem, no migrants and no caravans.

Lobos

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 23, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »

Same thing happens to me, this new version broke the dwarves.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 23, 2010, 04:10:44 pm »

Hrm. This is excellent, I'll definitely try this out when I stop failing at DF so much.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 23, 2010, 04:41:10 pm »

I found that when I use only the speech files from DD here, my game generates an orc civ no matter what. I mean, even if I have no orc creature or civ entry or any mention of them whatsoever in my raws. And if I do, it gens 2 different orc civs, so they are on the embark civ list twice. :o
This happened to me too.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Lobos

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 23, 2010, 04:48:43 pm »

I found that when I use only the speech files from DD here, my game generates an orc civ no matter what. I mean, even if I have no orc creature or civ entry or any mention of them whatsoever in my raws. And if I do, it gens 2 different orc civs, so they are on the embark civ list twice. :o
This happened to me too.

To fix this go into data/save, and erase everything, then regen.

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 23, 2010, 07:23:11 pm »

Just got 1.4, generating a new world now. Can you post the version differences for us?

PS: Originally the step where you overwrite the data folder confused me. I pretty much erased all of the data folder when I put the DD files into it. I just put speech in it this time, hopefully that'll help. =/
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 23, 2010, 08:17:51 pm »

Just so you know, I put dig deeper over the mayday graphics pack.  I doubt that would cause dwarves to stop sending caravans and migrants.  Also, i just turned halflings into winter traders to see if they were over ruling the dwarven ones, results later.
Anything that happens in your land is your fault.  If the merchants decided to show up next to a volcano and jump in, it would still (somehow) be your fault.  If their liaison dies of old age on your doorstep, it's your fault.  If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 23, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »

So apparently this mod turns DF into Human Fortress. =[
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 24, 2010, 12:33:28 am »

This happened to me too.

To fix this go into data/save, and erase everything, then regen.
no, you have to clear /data/objects/ .
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 24, 2010, 03:21:53 am »

So, 2 years in still no immigrants.  Any ideas as to whats causing it?
Anything that happens in your land is your fault.  If the merchants decided to show up next to a volcano and jump in, it would still (somehow) be your fault.  If their liaison dies of old age on your doorstep, it's your fault.  If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

Lobos

• Bay Watcher
  • I crush things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 24, 2010, 03:41:22 am »

Listen to Deon, he's smarter than me.

erisiah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 24, 2010, 11:16:54 pm »

I tried to regen but still have the same problem, no migrants and no caravans.
In the entity_default.txt entry for Dwarves, the ACTIVE_SEASON line is incorrect. It is currently [AUTUMN]; it needs to be [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN].
Fixing this allowed me to receive the dwarven caravan; I haven't found if it fixes immigration yet.

EDIT: fixing this line has indeed fixed the problem. It took a while, but I finally got some migrants to show up.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:54:58 am by erisiah »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 25, 2010, 12:29:25 am »

So, 2 years in still no immigrants.  Any ideas as to whats causing it?

I have no idea, I'm still trying different things but it seems to be a pretty random bug... It has to have something to do with the civilization files because they're pretty much the only thing I touched... I'll get back to ya'll when I fix it. As to all the other 'bugs' guys make sure to follow the install instructions at the top of the README... DELETE your raw folders and THEN replace with my raw folders as well as CLEARING everything in the DATA/OBJECTS and DATA/SAVES folder... Make sure you gen a new world.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 25, 2010, 12:32:49 am »

UPDATE - I believe I know what's breaking the dwarves... Give me a sec and I'll post an updated fix.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B
« Reply #719 on: January 25, 2010, 12:46:39 am »

I've fixed the dwarves, I'm 100% confident that you will now get immigration and trade again... I had submitted an incorrect ACTIVE:SEASON tag in the Dwarf part of the entity file that simply read [AUTUMN].

Just download V1.4B

Now... To deal with everyone else... First things first... READ THE README! That's what it's there for! Secondly here are the EXACT install instructions that you need that you should have read in the README.

STEP 1: DELETE YOUR RAW/OBJECTS FOLDER [THAT MEANS DELETE THE FOLDER LABELED "OBJECTS" INSIDE YOUR RAWS FOLDER].

STEP 2: DELETE ALL FILES INSIDE YOUR DATA/OBJECTS AND SAVE FOLDER [THAT MEANS DELETE ALL FILES FOUND INSIDE "OBJECTS" AND "SAVE" FOUND IN YOUR DATA FOLDER].

STEP 3: EXTRACT MY DATA AND RAW FOLDERS INTO THE MAIN DWARF FORTRESS DIRECTORY.

If you do not follow these steps EXACTLY you will see a variety of bugs including but not limited to duplicate entities due to the different entity name changes I have made per version.

Everything should be in order now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:19:49 am by The13thRonin »

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57