Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180574 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.4] NEW RELEASE!!
« Reply #690 on: January 20, 2010, 01:02:47 am »

Yer I'm friendly with them...and there traders wont stop coming!Worst than a siege lol.3rd year and the orcs are attacking by the hundreds :'( Barely holding up my fort.

How did you get friendly with them? That should not be happening, did you play around with the files or have I mucked up the civs somehow?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 20, 2010, 01:12:50 am »

Yer I'm friendly with them...and there traders wont stop coming!Worst than a siege lol.3rd year and the orcs are attacking by the hundreds :'( Barely holding up my fort.

How did you get friendly with them? That should not be happening, did you play around with the files or have I mucked up the civs somehow?
Dunno.I have quite a few mods I don't know whats what.

Edit: Oh I see what I did.I got rid of the [BABYSNATCHER] token.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:20:07 am by xdarkcodex »
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4
« Reply #692 on: January 20, 2010, 01:34:05 am »

First page updated. I condensed it and began restructuring. Not finished yet but much better than it was before. More informative and clear.

PS - If more people could add this to their signature it'd really help:

Code: [Select]
[CENTER][color=teal][url=http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=35736.0][b]I'm Digging Deeper, You Should Too![/b][/color][/CENTER]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:39:51 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 20, 2010, 02:53:21 am »

I think the Dig Deeper wiki pages should be subpages of the page about Dig Deeper in our DF wiki.

Like this:

/wiki/DigDeeper/Dig_Deeper_Weapons
/wiki/DigDeeper/Dig_Deeper_Minerals

etc. Having the pages on some other site isn't going to help accessibility, imo.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 20, 2010, 06:42:28 am »

I think the Dig Deeper wiki pages should be subpages of the page about Dig Deeper in our DF wiki.

Like this:

/wiki/DigDeeper/Dig_Deeper_Weapons
/wiki/DigDeeper/Dig_Deeper_Minerals

etc. Having the pages on some other site isn't going to help accessibility, imo.

Maybe you're right... Will someone have a go at actually starting the pages then?

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 21, 2010, 09:23:06 pm »

Found a typo!

Change [NAME:horned helmets:horned helmets] to [NAME:horned helmet:horned helmets].

Add my name to the list please, I love this mod  ;D
This seemed to have been missed the last time I posted it.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 22, 2010, 07:48:13 am »

Found a typo!

Change [NAME:horned helmets:horned helmets] to [NAME:horned helmet:horned helmets].

Add my name to the list please, I love this mod  ;D
This seemed to have been missed the last time I posted it.

Thank you, noted and fixed for next version.

tompaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 22, 2010, 12:21:16 pm »

Maybe it's just me but I dont get any migrants and traders, my third year now. I use the new version 1.4 .

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 22, 2010, 05:37:06 pm »

Migrants don't seem to be spawning on this fortress... at first I thought it was a dream come true, but seven dwarves means no artifacts, at least for a super long time before births get me over 20.

*edit*  also, I get traders, but no dwarves... halflings come in the fall.  Everything else seems to be working fine.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 05:48:58 pm by The_Kakaze »
Anything that happens in your land is your fault.  If the merchants decided to show up next to a volcano and jump in, it would still (somehow) be your fault.  If their liaison dies of old age on your doorstep, it's your fault.  If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 22, 2010, 06:06:01 pm »

Might wanna make sure there ARE dwarves in your world, bub. Check the legends, they might have been wiped out.

If so, regen.

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 22, 2010, 06:07:37 pm »

There are dwarves, two separate civs of them... is it possible they are trapped down in their corner unable to get to me?  I was under the impression that if the map had edges, migrants and dwarven caravans would make it to the fortress.
Anything that happens in your land is your fault.  If the merchants decided to show up next to a volcano and jump in, it would still (somehow) be your fault.  If their liaison dies of old age on your doorstep, it's your fault.  If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 22, 2010, 06:29:38 pm »

As long as you're not on some island or across an ocean. I "think" that if you have two oceans and a huge mountain range blocking you from them, you can still get migrants. But I KNOW that if you're on an island, or the civ is isolated by oceans, then you wont get migrants. Or trade.

Then again, it might just be trade.

The_Kakaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 22, 2010, 07:17:08 pm »

Well, none of those things apply... there's a dwarf city not 4 tiles away, inhabited and everything.  I really don't know whats going on... looks like I'm not the only one having this problem though.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 23, 2010, 09:07:22 am »

Well, none of those things apply... there's a dwarf city not 4 tiles away, inhabited and everything.  I really don't know whats going on... looks like I'm not the only one having this problem though.

Wow... That does seem to be a problem... I'll look into it... ???

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 23, 2010, 09:17:54 am »

I found that when I use only the speech files from DD here, my game generates an orc civ no matter what. I mean, even if I have no orc creature or civ entry or any mention of them whatsoever in my raws. And if I do, it gens 2 different orc civs, so they are on the embark civ list twice. :o
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57