Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180512 times)

HisMajestyBOB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3] NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #615 on: December 07, 2009, 04:05:14 am »

I'm trying to download the mod from the File Depository, but all I get is "download.php", whether I use Firefox or IE, or right-click -> Save As or just click. Is the link broken?

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 06:35:10 am by HisMajestyBOB »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 07, 2009, 04:13:35 am »

^@Grendus

It's their site leader tags. Either give them [leader type:king] or make their religion [any_appropriate_power] - but the latter might backfire if the resulting demon ruler doesn't die during world gen.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 07, 2009, 11:22:10 pm »

I've ran into some quirky seed/farm behaviour using DD. I was asked to link to that bug report, but i'm pretty sure DD has nothing much to do with it.

If anyone can report the same bug on/off DD, it'd be awesome.
Comment in the below thread though, i won't be returning here.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=45935.0
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 08, 2009, 10:21:43 pm »

I killed a dragon, and now I discover that there's no way to turn a raw scale into a useful scale.  Is that the sort of thing I can add without a world regen?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 08, 2009, 11:55:44 pm »

So uh, does this work with Civ Forge?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 09, 2009, 12:25:29 am »

I killed a dragon, and now I discover that there's no way to turn a raw scale into a useful scale.  Is that the sort of thing I can add without a world regen?

What? I made a reaction for that? Are you telling me that it doesn't work?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 09, 2009, 02:03:07 am »

What? I made a reaction for that? Are you telling me that it doesn't work?
I'm looking at reaction_standard_extended.txt, and not seeing it.  And nothing at the smelter menus or forges.  And I'm running your version 1.3, which seems to be the most current.  Where is the reaction supposed to be?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 09, 2009, 01:57:04 pm »

Downloaded, genned world, played.
Died within seconds.
This is FUN.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

vooood

• Bay Watcher
  • Prophet
    • View Profile
    • Amalis of Daloth (TBA)
« Reply #623 on: December 10, 2009, 07:24:36 am »

ADD ME!! :)
Music was my first love, and it will be my last.
Music of the future, and music of the past.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 10, 2009, 12:06:45 pm »

So uh, does this work with Civ Forge?

You'll have to give it a shot. You'll know if there's a redundant entry, if the game offers to let you embark with a war monarch butterfly it's your first hint.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Cyrix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:27 pm »

You mod is good and all but I have a few suggestions.

Orcs come way too soon.  I never even had goblins show up to siege me, went right to Orcs.
It's a pain in the ass to try and build up as orcs are immune to friggen traps.
I wish there was a bit more information on what exactly is in this mod with the different types of metal and whatnot.

From playing the game for a while I'm at the point where I should be getting like 4-6 goblin squads per siege and I'm getting like 8 squads of orcs that can only be stopped by military or siege weapons which i don't have much of.  Anyway I guess I'm going to have to start a new fort because I'm being overrun.

Anyway what tag do I need to change so they can be effected by traps?

Cyrix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 15, 2009, 11:06:32 pm »

I guess I don't have to gen a new world I just have to fix the entry.= and delete my data/objects file.

snaggles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 15, 2009, 11:08:54 pm »

You mod is good and all but I have a few suggestions.

Orcs come way too soon.  I never even had goblins show up to siege me, went right to Orcs.
It's a pain in the ass to try and build up as orcs are immune to friggen traps.
I wish there was a bit more information on what exactly is in this mod with the different types of metal and whatnot.

From playing the game for a while I'm at the point where I should be getting like 4-6 goblin squads per siege and I'm getting like 8 squads of orcs that can only be stopped by military or siege weapons which i don't have much of.  Anyway I guess I'm going to have to start a new fort because I'm being overrun.

Anyway what tag do I need to change so they can be effected by traps?

The mod isn't supposed to be easy.
To make them vulnerable to traps, take out [trAPAVOID].
Doing that doesn't require a regen of your world.

Zombiewaffle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 16, 2009, 04:58:29 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but, why can't Orcs buy animals on the embark screen?
What kind of Orcs don't have pigs D:

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB: GRAPHICS_SURGEON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 18, 2009, 02:54:24 am »

Howdy. Finally decided to give this mod a try. I downloaded it, and unzipped to a new DF40d11 installation. Poked around the raw files to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Half the raws were  missing. Puzzled, I re-unzip. They are all back. I shrug, delete the extras, and gen a world. It keeps rejecting regions until it gives me the " We can't seem to place a controllable Civ. Do you wish to abort and check your settings?" dialog. I shrug again, having never really gotten this dialog before, and say okay, abort. I had upped the amount of volcanism, among other things, so I reset, select a large map instead of the medium one I was doing before, and try again. Again, I get the "not able to place controllable civ" box.

Still puzzled, I let it continue to try with these settings. After more rejections, I let it build a world that's Legends only. It's filled with orc towers, caves, and nothing else. I assume orcs are so awesome, they killed all the other races before worldgen could stop. I don't save the world for legend viewing, and mess with the orcs for a bit. After repeatedly failed worldgens, even using 'create a world now', I eventually save a Legend only world and start browsing through it. Finally, I found the problem.

Orcs were the only Civ being spawned. No dwarves, elves, humans, goblins or even kolbolds. I took another look at the raws.

The 'creature_standard' raw was a blank file. I think when the zipfile conked on me, it stopped before filling out creature_standard, and when I re-unzipped, I must have deleted the full one instead of the empty one, and hadn't caught it. So it knew there was a dwarven civilization, it just didn't know what a dwarf was.

Anyway, I hope it was just the zip program I used that weirded out, and not the file itself. I believe I downloaded it from the DFFD, but I honestly don't remember.

Now, to go have some orcish FUN!  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57