Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180497 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3] NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #570 on: November 24, 2009, 05:03:23 am »

A repeating bridge over a magma-pit did the trick... Three sieges further and every one of them baked.

Only I forgot to make a drainage system to be able to retrieve the iron from their weapons and armor, and I'm low on iron as it is... :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 24, 2009, 05:30:01 am »

Can anyone else load the DigDeeper link? I keep getting a connection to the server was reset timeout.

At first I thought it was me but im here posting xD
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #572 on: November 24, 2009, 05:55:52 am »

After my first fort had been decimated I learned from that mistake and started construction of a defence system already. A long corridor leads into my fort, which is ultimately sealed off with a retracting bridge. I harnessed the brook to create a flow of water, sealed behind a floodgate.

The aim is to get the orcs in the corridor, pull the two levers which put the corridor in lock-down, and then release the water. Once the Orcs have drowned, the drain lever is pulled, draining the water off the mountainside.

I have yet to test it but have high hopes for it.

stolensteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 24, 2009, 12:05:49 pm »

Hello. I just downloaded DF 40d16 and wanted to know: is this mod compatible?
-st

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 24, 2009, 12:15:34 pm »

There are no differences in the game raws between any of the 40d## releases, so in short, yes.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 24, 2009, 12:24:21 pm »

Erm... is it normal on the first winter to have 10 PAGES OF ORCS ATTACK!?!??!!?1!?!!?one??!!?!?

Two WHOLE pages were legendary of one type or another.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 24, 2009, 01:54:41 pm »

Erm... is it normal on the first winter to have 10 PAGES OF ORCS ATTACK!?!??!!?1!?!!?one??!!?!?

This. Is. Dig. DEEPER! YOU DIG, OR, YOU DIE!

(Digging through Orc skulls is MANDATORY!)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 24, 2009, 02:44:20 pm »

This. Is. Dig. DEEPER! YOU DIG, OR, YOU DIE!

(Digging through Orc skulls is MANDATORY!)

Or hiding behind a bridge, or in a cold cold mountain.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 24, 2009, 03:53:31 pm »

yer i know but 10 pages! that like 50 orks against 7!

Well the orks had some nice bleeding pin coushions to take home.

Actualy I'm wondering... I think i might try an ork fortress camp.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3]
« Reply #579 on: November 24, 2009, 07:57:26 pm »

Hi guys, thanks for keeping the thread alive. Just so you know what's going on with DIG DEEPER at the moment and how YOU can help:

1. I'm balancing out the CIVS update so that when I release it in 8 out of 10 worlds you'll be able to see each CIV at work instead of them wiping each other out.

2. I'm updating the main page, I want to create a more flash main page, including a detailed tale of how the DIG DEEPER world came to be explaining the creation of the world and the role of the angels and the reapers.

3. I've created a wiki but it is blank, I need help filling it out, I think you need to sign up for a free membership to edit. If someone can suggest a better site to create a wiki please do. The wiki can be found here: http://dwarffortressdigdeeper.wikispaces.com/

4. I'm still trying to get some artists for the main page. Some of you guys are fantastic artists and Dig Deeper needs your help! We want pictures of anything and everything that makes Dig Deeper special so that the main page won't just be filled with text!

5. Waiting Toady One's update to Dwarf Fortress which shouldn't be long now and will then allow me to start building custom workshops for you guys! It might take awhile to fix compatibility between the new update and the old version so try to be patient with me! Thanks guys.

6. Suggestions, suggestions, suggestions, never be afraid to suggest new creatures, plants, metals, changes, etc that you want to see in Dig Deeper. I'm fairly open to community suggestions (hey this is everyone's mod here, not just mine) and I love to hear some suggestions. Right now I'm considering what the next arc will be... More plants perhaps? I'm running out of ideas for metals.

7. Achievements are coming to the original post :).

Keep enjoying Dig Deeper! If I miss your post and don't respond to it, sorry, be sure to send me a personal message, I always respond to my personal messages  :).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:09:22 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 24, 2009, 11:34:35 pm »

Hey, I been looking for a wiki all over, sadly I just started this mod like today so have no clue about anything so can't help with the wiki at the moment, but looks all good!  I am actually taking notes of the game I have started (haven't gotten far yet, not even a full year, but having fun so far) for a story I am going to write for it...granted it might only be a short story if what I hear of this mod is true -dun dun dunnnnnn-

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 25, 2009, 09:13:35 am »

Instead of your own wiki, why not have a huge page on the dwarf fortress wiki?

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 25, 2009, 11:21:52 am »

After a day-ish of play my thoughts:

*I just got sieged twice in a row (winter then spring) at the end of my first year and start of my second.  The first siege had my pop+1, second siege had almost double (only lost 1 dwarf+wounded on the first siege, none on the second).

*I have learned that when you have dabbler marksmen (draftees), it takes 1 orc to kill 2 orcs.  And by this I mean, the amount of bolt throwing action from my marksmen usually takes 1 orcs worth of bones to kill 2...plus some wooden ones besides.

*I watched an orc's inventory add 8-10 bolts in it (a few in the eye and spleen and god knows what else) before the little bastard had the decensy to die.  One or lost both of his eyes and still stumbled about for a bit.  It would have been a wrestlers dream if I was dumb enough to send them out.

So ya...I lurve it sooo much, though I am pretty screwed, and I am hoping my puppy mill picks up because if I am sending out a dwarf to die in melee again, I want a pack of dogs out there helping him.

Razzums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 25, 2009, 01:19:22 pm »

Is it normal to go my first year with no orcs?
ey

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2009, 04:23:26 pm »

Is it normal to go my first year with no orcs?

Not unheard of. I've gone for a year and a half, then got a four squad siege (which, sadly, ended with all their local leaders dead, so after that it was just butchering goblin ambushes).

As for suggestions, I have a few.

1. Darkmetal is too easy to get if you embark in an obsidian biome. I think you intended for it to be rarer, but it's a metal that right out of the smelter is harder than steel and in obsidian layers it's about as common as hematite in a sedimentary stone. I tried to write a mod where darkmetal was as hard as iron but makes darksteel by substituting it for iron in the steel reaction, but other changes I made broke it. Either way, Darkmetal is kind of imbalanced.

2. Bloodmetal could use some reactions too. I'd suggest either blood bronze, where it can be substituted for cassiterite, or crimson silver which just stretches your silver supply.

3. Cave Beehives have the same problem as Sweet Pods - too damn valuable. One Dwarven Honey is as valuable as an electrum bar. Dwarven Honey is in infinite supply, electrum is not. Anyone else see a problem with this? Guess I'm just weird, it bothers me.

Other than that I love it. It'd be kind of cool to see an easier version for newbies that sees the goblins siege from the start and the orcs ambushing and sieging later, but that's what broke my attempt at modding.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57