Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180529 times)

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.2]
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2009, 07:03:40 pm »

1: Crashes, whenever i save theres a chance the game will crash. I had a crash during the autosave when reaching a new site even.

So it isn't just me...

Try quitting and re-launching the game from the exe after every second save, that seemed to help quite a bit.

Still my favourite mod, even with the prayer during each save.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2009, 07:35:55 pm »

imho, you should remove trapavoid and add buildingdestroyer for more... fun.

but yeah, is there any way to get the orcs to bring a creature that has buildingdestroyer? i heard goblins bring trolls, though i've never seen one myself - my only ever sieges were with this mod ^_^

because it seems kinda pointless if i cant use traps but i can stop them with a door/floodgate etc, while my champion marksdwarves just pepper them.

also, add me!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2009, 07:38:45 pm »

Mike Maydays tile-set seems to be a recurring issue with these crashes... I suggest the parties which are experiencing the crashes attempt a game after removing Mike Maydays set and re-genning the world... I believe that maybe one of my additional creatures has a transparency layer under Mike Maydays set and I'm not sure how well the game can deal with moving transparency layers.

There's no error.log produced in your Dwarf Fortress main folder? The Windows error file doesn't really tell me anything.

If you are receiving crashes with vanilla Dwarf Fortress as well there's not much I can do... I suggest putting some threads up in the bug reporting section. It is possible something in Dig Deeper is exacerbating an existing problem for people already plagued with crashes... Personally I can play 10 years with no problem in sight?

PS - Where did you say you got my mod again? The only official version is on DFFD and linked in the first post of this thread.

imho, you should remove trapavoid and add buildingdestroyer for more... fun.

but yeah, is there any way to get the orcs to bring a creature that has buildingdestroyer? i heard goblins bring trolls, though i've never seen one myself - my only ever sieges were with this mod ^_^

because it seems kinda pointless if i cant use traps but i can stop them with a door/floodgate etc, while my champion marksdwarves just pepper them.

also, add me!

They should be able to open doors... They have the CANOPENDOORS and LOCKPICKER tags... I don't know why they'd be hesitant to barge right in...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 16, 2009, 02:31:36 am »

The lockpicking works just fine for me, Orcs come right through locked doors.

Only thing I can think of, is, that you locked the doors immediatly when you got the siege, before unpausing the game. If the doors are locked before Orcs start pathfinding, there will be no valid path, and lockpickers / buildingdestroyers won't do their thing.

As for floodgates, I think lockpicking is not applicable on them. Don't know if buildingdestroyers take out floodgates.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2009, 03:36:55 am »

Dwarf Folder Errorlog:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vanilla doesn't crash, nor does Civilization Forge. I got the mod from the link in the OP of this thread. Its ok though, I can manage with paranoid saving techniques... regenning the world isn't an option right now as I've already started a new fortress so many times, and I'd like to take this one to 20 years. But I'll try it later  :)

Something else, I noticed that for some reason my champions refuse to wear great helms. Could it be that hoods don't allow for wearing a great helm on top of them?

Electro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2009, 06:02:35 am »

forgot to add something about the crashes, Even though the game freezes during save, the save is complete. Meaning i can just kill DF and then restart from the save that was just made.

So really its just a bit oh a hassle, no time lost or anything.

On another note, i dreamt about orcs coming to kill my dwarves with machineguns tonight...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2009, 06:30:30 am »

forgot to add something about the crashes, Even though the game freezes during save, the save is complete. Meaning i can just kill DF and then restart from the save that was just made.

So really its just a bit oh a hassle, no time lost or anything.

On another note, i dreamt about orcs coming to kill my dwarves with machineguns tonight...

Hahaha, I'll keep that in mind for the future *Evil Grin*.

For the meantime however:

We are now up to version 1.3!

You can find the download here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980

That's RIGHT! A new RELEASE! Check the OP for an updated READ-ME with the changes!

PS - You will need to delete the objects files and regen your world.

Don't fret though, you can always delay updating! I like to think that regular fresh releases is never a bad thing :).

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2009, 05:10:04 pm »

Shhht... don't say it too loud, the modmaster might feel inspired  ;D

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3] NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:43 am »

I must say I haven't actually sat down and played Dig Deeper, let alone Dwarf Fortress in awhile! I've actually started up an enjoyable fort next to a chasm in the middle of a haunted and terrifying biome... Everything was going so well until the second year... A dwarven caravan train (with no less than three caravans!) was intercepted by an orcish war party the guards fought valiantly but in vain as hails of bolts descended upon them. My helpless 15 dwarves could only watch in horror from our sealed up mountainside as one of the orc wrestlers hurled a caravan driver off a cliff... I must acquire a forge and start producing weapons and amour!

EDIT: OHSHI... Purple Slimes just oozed into my fortress... Draft the farmers! Push them back lads!

Well that went pretty well... Only one injured dwarf. Food and booze supplies are adequate for our 15 settlers but while we're under siege we're going to find it hard to produce enough weapons to fight these dastardly orcs off! They're staying out of bow range too... Crafty buggers... Wow... I think they even managed to murder the liaison...

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2009, 01:19:18 pm »

Hmmm strange, I haven't seen any orcs in a couple years now - fortress is in its 6th year, just over 2 million accumulated value, 131 dwarves. A handful of goblin ambushers came, saw, and died. But that's it. And of course, the occasional babysnatchers... but other than that I'm very undisturbed. Might pave a road leading up to the fortress in all gold, maybe that will lure them back  :P

By the way, I really enjoy the deep steel implementation. It's so nice to be able to do something with just 3 bars of mithril that came off the dwarven caravan, and to have an upgrade for those boring old steel bars. Without modding, the gap between steel and adamantine is way too large.

The save crashes have been eliminated. Quitting and restarting the .exe after every save does the trick. Thanks for having looked into it, Ronin  :)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2009, 03:17:47 am »

Add me.

And, screw Orcs with machineguns, what about Carp with Machineguns?

... Or Orcs with Machineguns that fire Carp.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:53 am »

No problem Saeldanya  :).

How's the new version? Everyone happy so far?

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2009, 02:10:31 am »

I like it.

I really do like this mod.  However, I think you went a little overboard on the orcs.  Trapavoid?  Really?  I don't think you're giving dwarven ingenuity enough credit, here.  And they show up waaay before your fortress has anything to loot.  Why, I had one siege show up before my first dwarven caravan!  This took me by surprise, and needless to say they merrily slaughtered all my dwarves.

But you made me rethink all my strategies with this mod, and you've made me lose.  Vanilla DF didn't do that for me.  And as we all know, losing is fun!
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2009, 08:37:00 am »

I like it.

I really do like this mod.  However, I think you went a little overboard on the orcs.  Trapavoid?  Really?  I don't think you're giving dwarven ingenuity enough credit, here.  And they show up waaay before your fortress has anything to loot.  Why, I had one siege show up before my first dwarven caravan!  This took me by surprise, and needless to say they merrily slaughtered all my dwarves.

But you made me rethink all my strategies with this mod, and you've made me lose.  Vanilla DF didn't do that for me.  And as we all know, losing is fun!

My first strategy is usually... GET THE HELL INSIDE... LOCK ALL THE DOORS...

Then comes... START PRODUCING WEAPONS AND SPARRING.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2009, 09:04:38 am »

One thing strikes me as odd: I used the sitefinder to get a site with a magma pool, but I haven't found it yet.. But then again, it could start deeper. I'm used to magma pools being near or at the surface of completely flat maps like this one I play now.. Ill let you know if I find it or not. (I never use reveal.exe or similar functions)

Found the magma 5 z-levels deep.  ;D
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57