Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180556 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.2]
« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2009, 11:55:40 am »

Oh crap, it started as good fortress... But then skeletal camels came.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 10, 2009, 01:00:45 pm »

Why dont you add some more prepared meals,EVERY mod i download,not many people add them,add stuff like pizza,cookies,goulash,pancakes,salads,sandwich.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2009, 01:16:28 pm »

I offered my mod for this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 10, 2009, 01:35:10 pm »

A GFX pack is really necessary.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:45 pm »

Why don't you use it then? :) This mod is mostly about raws, you can apply it to any gfx pack out there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2009, 05:19:36 pm »

Is there a reason bismuth bronze isn't as good as regular bronze in this mod?  It's poorer for armor (75% vs. 111%) and isn't worth as much either.

Also, it could use a smelter reaction for patterned steel from steel bars.

Personally, I think metals in DF could use a revaluing; silver should definately be worth more, and no metal should be cheaper than ultra-common obsidian.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2009, 05:37:08 pm »

This is going to be interesting. My first dwarves were overrun by giant termite guys. Those guys do tear apart civis pretty nice. Now i finally got a reason to avoid savage territory for a while
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2009, 07:16:16 pm »

i took out trapavoid on the Orcs as they are a unbelievable dog slaughter-domestic-hating-super-killing-squad. (takes about 12-18 war dogs to obliterate 1)
but i learned to NEVER ATTEMPT TO JAIL THEM,they managed to kill a peasant without any armor or weapon...
those things are like DAEMONS!

but now i have a very very sudden erdge to see what would win,a spirit of fire,or a Boworc...
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2009, 10:15:25 pm »

if i had the invasions options under the ini off would sieges and invasions restart after i turn it back on again in this mod? ive heard that sieges supposidly start after u hit 80 population but since im already at like 120 or so would i have missed the chance for the siege triggers and stuff to activate. 

I mean like since economy, magma smelters and stuff seem to work under this activate on something happened thing i just want to make sure that sieges and invasions are gona happen cause if they arnt im just gona start a new fortress.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2009, 10:48:35 pm »

You can switch them on/off in the same fortress.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2009, 11:47:06 pm »

if there is a newer version of this mod would i be able to put a save game from an older version and play it on the newer one or would i have to start a new game.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:12:23 am by meowmix »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2009, 12:23:13 am »

Why dont you add some more prepared meals,EVERY mod i download,not many people add them,add stuff like pizza,cookies,goulash,pancakes,salads,sandwich.

Dude there's more than 10 new meals added including pizza, salads and sandwiches...? Are they not working? I must go and check this phenomenon.

Quote from: Meanmelter
i took out trapavoid on the Orcs as they are a unbelievable dog slaughter-domestic-hating-super-killing-squad. (takes about 12-18 war dogs to obliterate 1)
but i learned to NEVER ATTEMPT TO JAIL THEM,they managed to kill a peasant without any armor or weapon...
those things are like DAEMONS!

You can do what you like with them but they're meant to be murderous, rampant killing machines. Compared to a human an orc is a grave, grave menace and compared to a puny dwarf which a single orc bred for KILLING towers over... They could rip your Urist's arms off and beat him to death with them!! I didn't feel it was appropriate for these slaughter machines to all be killed by a corridor filled with traps (huge exploit) which is what people would and will do if trap-avoid is removed. Considering they have no ability to tunnel and can be stopped by a 1 tile wide ditch I believe they deserve the ability to smash through puny dwarven contraptions in their fell rage. Yes dwarves will die... By the droves... Welcome to war... Casualties are with this mod a part of life. The good thing is there will always be more unsuspecting migrants  ;).

Quote from: eviscerator
Is there a reason bismuth bronze isn't as good as regular bronze in this mod?  It's poorer for armor (75% vs. 111%) and isn't worth as much either.

Also, it could use a smelter reaction for patterned steel from steel bars.

Personally, I think metals in DF could use a revaluing; silver should definately be worth more, and no metal should be cheaper than ultra-common obsidian.

Sounds like I overlooked tweaking Bismuth Bronze. Good pick-up. I'll look into it and see if I can thrash out exactly why that particular irregularity is hanging around. Thank you very much! I appreciate it when people scrutinize the mod in this manner as I am only one man and not perfect and I require feedback to recognize areas that need tweaking  :).

Quote from: meowmix
well ive let the game run for like 4 -5  hours after i activated invasions and i got nothing except for like 1 goblin thief event.

also if there is a newer version of this mod would i be able to put a save game from an older version and play it on the newer one or would i have to start a new game.

Always best to gen a fresh world upon upgrading to a newer version of the mod. Otherwise you won't get all the features. Also I don't recommend messing with the init file and turning things like invasions off and on because I'm pretty sure it does something screwy with the orc AI and declaring war on civilizations and such.

Quote from: TigerPlushie
This is going to be interesting. My first dwarves were overrun by giant termite guys. Those guys do tear apart civis pretty nice. Now i finally got a reason to avoid savage territory for a while

Good to see those guys are working as intended! I find different players have different 'threats'. One player seems to be plagued with malignant green slimes! Giant termites definitely should be nasty though... Those things are just crazy, crazy bad-ass  :D.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2009, 12:52:31 am »

well, I have to say, I got my first orc invasion with this mod (also my first invasion ever on a prepared fort) and I was sorely disappointed.

they managed to kill a baby donkey before getting wiped out.

and my military consisted of 2 archers.

what am I doing wrong?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2009, 01:04:23 am »

well, I have to say, I got my first orc invasion with this mod (also my first invasion ever on a prepared fort) and I was sorely disappointed.

they managed to kill a baby donkey before getting wiped out.

and my military consisted of 2 archers.

what am I doing wrong?

How many orcs were there and how did you manage to wipe them out so easily?

The great thing about the orcs is that every time you beat them they will regroup and come at you even harder next season. Sometimes you will be able to pick them off using ditches and archers but most of the time they will keep you inside, stuffing up your farming endeavors, preventing supplies from getting to you and killing migrants (aka - what a real siege does). You however raise an interesting point about the archers thing being too easy...

I am tempted to either (or possibly both):

- Retard the effectiveness of dwarven crossbows (or crossbows in general).

- Scrap underground farming and force dwarves to farm above ground.

I will continue thinking upon this problem until I reach a satisfactorily painful conclusion.

PS - I may also look into flying/web shooting/door smashing/amphibious mounts for the orcs so that they can more appropriately **** you up.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:09:23 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2009, 01:24:04 am »

is was about a dozen or so orcs, my archers were not all that good, and I has a walled off courtyard for my farming anyways.

I think the problem was that the orcs had no archers with them.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57