Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180677 times)

Zoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B
« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2010, 10:44:41 am »

hi I'd like to try out Dig Deeper but I use RantingRodent's graphical overhaul pack.

Does rantingrodent's pack work with Dig Deeper?

erisiah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 25, 2010, 11:45:58 am »

hi I'd like to try out Dig Deeper but I use RantingRodent's graphical overhaul pack.

It will almost work. Except for the orcs, the added creatures will display as characters since they don't have any graphics defined in the text files.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2010, 12:44:27 pm »

It will almost work. Except for the orcs, the added creatures will display as characters since they don't have any graphics defined in the text files.

With tweaking it will work with the orcs... I'm using a modified version of RR's and it covers all the races except the new ones.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Zoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 25, 2010, 05:54:56 pm »

The13Ronin

Would you upload your modified files for using RR? :)
That'd be awesome

Or maybe include it as an optional folder in Dig Deeper?

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 26, 2010, 07:11:44 am »

Any creature with graphics will be fine 'till it dies. Then it's tile will be used.
Mat_Gloss tokens might have to be tweaked too.
Neither of those are too difficult, but you have to know what you are doing, and it's difficult to explain.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 26, 2010, 12:47:23 pm »

Hmm, something is weird. I am literally striking gems and jewels left and right. A good eight or so of all my stones are precious!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 26, 2010, 06:14:26 pm »

Hmm, something is weird. I am literally striking gems and jewels left and right. A good eight or so of all my stones are precious!

Good embark or another bug? Test another site... Anyone else finding that gems are more common in this version?

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 27, 2010, 07:52:08 pm »

With tweaking it will work with the orcs... I'm using a modified version of RR's and it covers all the races except the new ones.
He meant that the orcs are working, and except for the orcs other new creatures don't have graphics.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 28, 2010, 03:04:35 pm »

What the hell does it take for these orcs to appear?

I know they have access to the site but no action what so ever.

EDIT: oh there they are! Its about time!

Now that was awesome. Had they come earlier I probably wouldent have survived.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:55:31 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 30, 2010, 10:46:45 pm »

Not a lot of feedback these days! Everyone waiting for the new version?

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 31, 2010, 08:37:36 am »

I've just come back to dwarf fortress, and I saw a new version of digdeeper was up. So I download a fresh copy of d16, and put in digdeeper, as per instructions on the dffd page. DF starts up fine, runs movie and all since I didn't tweak init. To my surprise, DF crashes when attempting to generate a new world, both with standard 'generate a new world!' and the customised world gen option. Upon checking errorlog, I find the report below. Any suggestions on what's wrong/solutions?

Impoverished Word Selector
[threetoe edit: says "Impoverished Word Selector" a thousand times.  Use a spoiler next time.]

*found out what's wrong. apparently my objects folder was nested in another folder named raw, which was itself in the raw folder. cut-pasting the objects folder out, and removing the redundant folder and putting my objects folder back fixed the solution. am running world gen now*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:19:58 pm by ThreeToe »

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 31, 2010, 12:18:35 pm »

Can you PLEASE put that in a spoiler!?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 31, 2010, 06:15:14 pm »

Please, for my sanity people, PLEASE carefully read the installation instructions I have provided... There's only 4 steps...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 31, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »

@stormy

Can you PLEASE put that in a spoiler!?
Seconded, Thirded, Ironblooded, Moruled, Tholtiged, and Cacamed.

The four supreme dwarven gods will dislike you unless you do.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 01, 2010, 02:43:19 pm »

I have a question about DD Dragons (this is modding related and less play related) when they die they drop Raw Dragon Scale, do they also drop the regular dead creatures stuff (corpse which can be processed into meat, fat, leather and bones)?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57