Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176211 times)

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B
« Reply #780 on: February 24, 2010, 02:46:05 am »

Is the game more difficult than vanilla, when it comes to critters and siege armies? I want challenge, ideally I would like to know if I can combine it with Relentless assaults mod...

buklamang

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 25, 2010, 09:15:11 am »

Is the game more difficult than vanilla, when it comes to critters and siege armies? I want challenge, ideally I would like to know if I can combine it with Relentless assaults mod...

Briefly: Oh Yes.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 25, 2010, 06:21:23 pm »

Ran into gargoyle problem, as noted earlier in the thread; it has tags which require [HAS_RACEGLOSS], but lacks that tag. Tried adding [HAS_RACEGLOSS:STONE], which did not work, it still produces "statue", without any material given. Am considering simply replacing USE_RACEGLOSS with OBSIDIAN or MARBLE to deal with this problem.

Fixing it for next version... The same tags seem to work fine for wooden creatures... Grr...

I checked the Read me, but I'm still wondering, what's the biggest shift from last version to this version? The new elves?

Lots and lots of balance tweaking as well as three new races; halflings, dark elves and ratlings. It takes a long time to get so many entities to co-exist in a large world without wiping each other out completely by the end of world-gen. I'm sort of waiting on the new version to start modding again. I'm going to build the mod from the ground up, how exciting  :D!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Ari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 25, 2010, 07:07:55 pm »

After playing vanilla DF for so long, I must admit, I love dig deeper and I have played it a day. First attempt at a fortress ended with me getting stomped on by 3 dozen angry ogres.....at the end of the second winter. Loving it. Thanks for making such a great mod :) I haven't had this much "fun" in awhile.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 25, 2010, 11:24:06 pm »

Dig Deeper in the new version will be so awsome
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 26, 2010, 12:03:57 am »

I just noticed that Ronin mentioned using my graphics pack, so I decided to whip up some DD-specific creatures.

I've been meaning to replace the Dragon sprite anyway.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 26, 2010, 08:30:00 am »

I just noticed that Ronin mentioned using my graphics pack, so I decided to whip up some DD-specific creatures.

I've been meaning to replace the Dragon sprite anyway.

Those are amazing. Thank you so much! I am a big fan of your work :).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 26, 2010, 10:32:09 am »

Can purple slimes and such be tamed? I've been told that cave crocodiles cannot be permanently tamed, as they will go feral eventually and return to killing dwarfs, and that this is due to a bug and cave crocs being feature creatures. Does this apply also to chasm beasts like purple slimes, trolls, or giant ants, all of which I have on my map and would like to capture and tame/breed/butcher? If so, I'll just catch them and feed them to my champions. If they can be tamed, though...War Giant Ants, CHARGE!

And yes, I am aware that it might take some modding to make this possible. I'm willing and know how; add [PET]/[PET_EXOTIC] and [trAINABLE] to their raws.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 26, 2010, 06:56:14 pm »

Is there a tileset for this? Also, can you have more than one mod at the same time?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 26, 2010, 07:17:41 pm »

Also, can you have more than one mod at the same time?

I believe so; I tried combining mods once, but there were so many redundant creature tokens that typeless meat began appearing from nothing in the embark menu.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 27, 2010, 10:46:31 am »

My dwarf fort is occasionally giving me a "divide by 0" error, usually during the object clean up phase after saving a game.

I'm speculating that the game is trying to reference something that is from either the deleted objects file or a critter has a '0' attribute that is used in some equation.

I think it's involved with an animal as when I first tried to embark to a location, it crashed with the error, but when I tried to embark there again, it worked fine. The minerals and landmarks were all the same, the only difference would be the starting pack of animals & plants.
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #791 on: February 28, 2010, 05:11:06 pm »

Just started playing this, embarked in a mountainous, Haunted biome with a cave and have lost two guys so far. One was hunting and decided it'd be a good idea to try to kill a Giant Termite with his/her bare fists. At least I'll be able to recover the body easily, unlike the one I'll have to drain a pond to get to (the idiot fell in during a grand fight against a goose flock that disliked being hunted). Fun times.

Can't wait for the actual sieges to begin :) .
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore
« Reply #792 on: March 01, 2010, 06:26:30 pm »

Geese are rather annoying, and seem to be the only inhabitants of my river.

John Keel

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_AVATAR:ALWAYS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 08, 2010, 02:05:40 pm »

Is there a Macintosh version of this? The download is .rar, and I have no way to open that sort of file...
EDIT: Dur... Dig Dwarfier is .zip. I guess I'll go with that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:08:59 pm by John Keel »
King of the Onslaught of Narwhals

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 08, 2010, 04:03:23 pm »

You know that Dig Dwarfier isn't actually Dig Deeper, right? Significantly modified.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57