Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176370 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B
« Reply #765 on: February 19, 2010, 03:40:28 am »

Have one maybe for each wood in the world and all different biomes?
How do you plan to implement "for all different biomes" with specific types?
For now they are MATGLOSS:WOOD and it means that they already use each wood for their name btw.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 19, 2010, 09:28:21 am »

Have one maybe for each wood in the world and all different biomes?
How do you plan to implement "for all different biomes" with specific types?
For now they are MATGLOSS:WOOD and it means that they already use each wood for their name btw.

Oh really? Good pick-up... I still have much to learn and it is always pleasant to hear from a master-modder such as yourself Deon :).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 20, 2010, 11:38:23 am »

Finally got around to creating a fort in 1.4b. I like it, much more challenging. The dark elves are awful, getting ambushed constantly by enemies decked out in crucible steel, while I can't even get basic forging going because I embarked on a map with no magma and no trees. I have to have half my fort as soldiers to repel invasions, since I don't have enough armor to let them train with weapons. I'm trying to clear out all the stone from my huge farm so I can get the trees growing, but it's tough with only 16 dwarves to do all the labor in a huge fort like that. On the bright side, all the crucible steel armor can be melted down for a good source of elfinite crucible steel. I wonder if you could set it up so that humans/goblins use iron, orcs use steel, and dark elves use crucible steel. Would be interesting flavor, the only difference between orcs and dark elves is that orcs announce their arrival and let me hide while dark elves hunt my haulers.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 20, 2010, 06:29:14 pm »

Finally got around to creating a fort in 1.4b. I like it, much more challenging. The dark elves are awful, getting ambushed constantly by enemies decked out in crucible steel, while I can't even get basic forging going because I embarked on a map with no magma and no trees. I have to have half my fort as soldiers to repel invasions, since I don't have enough armor to let them train with weapons. I'm trying to clear out all the stone from my huge farm so I can get the trees growing, but it's tough with only 16 dwarves to do all the labor in a huge fort like that. On the bright side, all the crucible steel armor can be melted down for a good source of elfinite crucible steel. I wonder if you could set it up so that humans/goblins use iron, orcs use steel, and dark elves use crucible steel. Would be interesting flavor, the only difference between orcs and dark elves is that orcs announce their arrival and let me hide while dark elves hunt my haulers.

Dark Elves should also use a lot more ranged weapons.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 20, 2010, 08:05:16 pm »

I've gotten a lot of wrestlers. A few bowmen, but most of those came with goblin ambushes. Ironically, I get a lot of dark elf ambushes led by goblins, and goblin ambushes led by dark elves. No humans, dwarves, or elves though. I think the game is set up so it tries to prevent sending entire sieges of archers. They're a good source of crucible steel, if nothing else. Shame the only magma on this map is in the ringmaster's bedroom.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 20, 2010, 09:49:00 pm »

I've gotten a lot of wrestlers. A few bowmen, but most of those came with goblin ambushes. Ironically, I get a lot of dark elf ambushes led by goblins, and goblin ambushes led by dark elves. No humans, dwarves, or elves though. I think the game is set up so it tries to prevent sending entire sieges of archers. They're a good source of crucible steel, if nothing else. Shame the only magma on this map is in the ringmaster's bedroom.

I'll see if I can break that by cutting the DE's melee weapons and adding in much, much more ranged weapons... They will become known as the invisible death... I will it so! :D

PS - I think we hit the most popular/downloaded total conversion mod a while ago and I think we're only second in total mods (including graphics sets) next to Stonesense... Well done guys :D. I'm really happy that so many people are enjoying the mod and I will keep working to ensure a higher quality for future versions!

I will eventually get around to releasing my own graphics for the creatures... But like Toady, that is a low priority compared to enhancing the gameplay first!

Keep digging deeper!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:52:29 pm by The13thRonin »

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 21, 2010, 12:34:35 am »

Im using relentless and I try to mush as much stuff in a version of df as possible. So use dig deeper.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 21, 2010, 12:41:33 am »

Im using relentless and I try to mush as much stuff in a version of df as possible. So use dig deeper.

Uh, I don't understand? You already use Dig Deeper?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 22, 2010, 11:40:35 pm »

Added a little something, something to the front page ;).

I'm not just active in the Dwarf Fortress modding community, I have many aliases.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 23, 2010, 08:45:33 am »

Are war elephants supposed to be playable in adventure mode or is this a problem because I modded something, I'm sure I deleted my raw folder before I loaded it up.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 23, 2010, 09:17:28 am »

Are war elephants supposed to be playable in adventure mode or is this a problem because I modded something, I'm sure I deleted my raw folder before I loaded it up.

Definitely a problem on your end. Sorry.

Pathos

« Reply #776 on: February 23, 2010, 09:40:55 am »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 23, 2010, 09:53:09 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=49281.0

Use it! Make your game beautiful!

I'd just like to point out that this mod contains quite a number of unapproved/unsanctioned changes to essential components of Dig Deeper which I believe break the balance (such as changes to the entities folder). As such I cannot provide support for it.

While I encourage mod-makers using my work to build-upon or as a base for their own mods I would suggest that you still maintain a Dwarf Fortress folder which contains the official version of Dig Deeper so you can keep up with the latest changes and can get the most up to date support.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 23, 2010, 01:57:20 pm »

Ran into gargoyle problem, as noted earlier in the thread; it has tags which require [HAS_RACEGLOSS], but lacks that tag. Tried adding [HAS_RACEGLOSS:STONE], which did not work, it still produces "statue", without any material given. Am considering simply replacing USE_RACEGLOSS with OBSIDIAN or MARBLE to deal with this problem.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 23, 2010, 10:24:14 pm »

I checked the Read me, but I'm still wondering, what's the biggest shift from last version to this version? The new elves?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57