Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176375 times)

nowanmai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B
« Reply #750 on: February 04, 2010, 07:16:36 pm »

Very true!  Caravans like to come about the 15thish of the early season.  With luck they arrive before a siege, and if you have a path to keep both separate you can enjoy both safely.  Sometimes the orcs visit erratically, other times they hammer practically four times a year.  For my orcs I left them with their trap immune, and made a bridge controlled fall-trap that they are not immune to, with a few other access controlled ways in and out for when the orcs are not quite on the path to death yet but I really need another way in and out.

Sounds like you're getting some rough luck this map - but migrants will eventually come, and caravans too.
Dunno about the caravans and migrants. It's already year 2 1/2 and still no moth***uckers from the Mountainhome. Forts generated wealth is nearing 200k and Orcs started at about 100k, so this worries me a bit.
Besides, these fu**ers don't let me get my force up. I still haven't got any immigrants, so every encounter past the stonefall traps is 50/50 for my 7 starters.
The location is pretty sweet, so I just don't want to lose it to some [BADASS MOTHERF**KERS].

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 05, 2010, 07:50:23 pm »

Genned another map that's crashing frequently.  It's very similar to the first, an evil forest area with lots of phantom spider webs all over from the start.  At a guess something is trying to spawn that's causing a problem?  Going to try and make a vanilla DF map similar to this one, see if that one can play or crashes too.

The only thing the error log said was Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds, and it said it over and over again a huge number of times.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:57:42 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 07, 2010, 07:45:13 am »

I think the crash is coming from the rare phantom spider bites.  I modded the spiders to appear in any terrain, and all the maps I tried to play started crashing after a bit.  Then I started modding out various traits of the phantom spiders, and getting rid of the [VERMIN_BITE:10:bitten:USE_EXTRACT] line appears to have completely fixed the crashes.  I can't find the venom itself, not sure if that's hard coded or if you changed something about it?  I ran a small series of straight vanilla DF games with phantom spiders present out a few months without any crashes.  Dunno, but I got my work around for now, I won't miss that bite to much ;P
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 07, 2010, 12:28:55 pm »

I looked at this thread and the first thing I saw was this:
I think the crash is coming from the rare phantom spider bites.
I think this is spectacular. Only in DF, I guess.

Cariyaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 10, 2010, 03:43:08 am »

Dunno if it's been made yet, but is there a wiki?

Oh, crap I forgot. I dig deeper. :D

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 11, 2010, 04:14:03 pm »

Where do the orcs live?

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 11, 2010, 10:53:07 pm »

every time i try to start a new game on a world genned with dig deeper it crashes and says

FATAL ERROR

Missing Stone Gloss: LAVENDER JADE

edit:

idk what i did but i guess it works now
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:05:14 pm by Banana »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 12, 2010, 10:35:10 am »

Do adamantine golems drop masterwork statues when killed/obliterated?

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 15, 2010, 05:56:19 pm »

so the elves brought me a Green Slime today.

it was alive.
it was also in a freezing biome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 15, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »

so the elves brought me a Green Slime today.

it was alive.
it was also in a freezing biome.
I was killed by green slimes in adventure mode.

They probably sucked me in and drowned me.

Banana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 17, 2010, 03:22:13 pm »

When i go to prepare to embark it wont let me have an axe

it says "axe cannot be found" or something and wont let me purchase one

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 18, 2010, 06:03:30 pm »

I'm back... I moved houses and lost the internet for quite some time there... It seems I have a few bugs to sought through. Are you all just using my Dig Deeper modification? Have you added any other content as well? I can't fix problems that are due to conflicts with other mods. It's good to know about this 'phantom spider' crash and the other one... I'll see if I can recreate it and fix it for the new version.

Very true!  Caravans like to come about the 15thish of the early season.  With luck they arrive before a siege, and if you have a path to keep both separate you can enjoy both safely.  Sometimes the orcs visit erratically, other times they hammer practically four times a year.  For my orcs I left them with their trap immune, and made a bridge controlled fall-trap that they are not immune to, with a few other access controlled ways in and out for when the orcs are not quite on the path to death yet but I really need another way in and out.

Sounds like you're getting some rough luck this map - but migrants will eventually come, and caravans too.
Dunno about the caravans and migrants. It's already year 2 1/2 and still no moth***uckers from the Mountainhome. Forts generated wealth is nearing 200k and Orcs started at about 100k, so this worries me a bit.
Besides, these fu**ers don't let me get my force up. I still haven't got any immigrants, so every encounter past the stonefall traps is 50/50 for my 7 starters.
The location is pretty sweet, so I just don't want to lose it to some [BADASS MOTHERF**KERS].

Are you using V1.4B or V1.4? This was a known problem with 1.4 and has been fixed in 1.4B...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:05:25 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 18, 2010, 06:59:53 pm »

Minor issue with 1.4B (or at least the .txt says it is 1.4B).

Dragons drop DRAGONSCALE_RAW but there is no reaction to refine it into DRAGONSCALE. This may be addressed when you have the reaction in place but DRAGONSCALE is worth 200 and  DRAGONSCALE_RAW is worth 2300, that is probably a typo, but you may be intending to have 12+ pieces of DRAGONSCALE drop from the DRAGONSCALE_RAW.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 18, 2010, 09:44:14 pm »

Minor issue with 1.4B (or at least the .txt says it is 1.4B).

Dragons drop DRAGONSCALE_RAW but there is no reaction to refine it into DRAGONSCALE. This may be addressed when you have the reaction in place but DRAGONSCALE is worth 200 and  DRAGONSCALE_RAW is worth 2300, that is probably a typo, but you may be intending to have 12+ pieces of DRAGONSCALE drop from the DRAGONSCALE_RAW.

Dragon-scale RAW is actually a cluster of dragon-scales salvaged from the corpse which is unusable unless melted down... There should be a reaction to turn each one into about 12 dragonscale bars :|... Maybe I got it wrong, I'll double check it.

EDIT: Well after checking it I don't actually have a reaction *scratches head*, I'm sure I had one at some stage? Thanks for pointing that out I've made a new reaction to work with the next version. Now... Onto the next bugs!!! ONWARD!!! FORWARDS!!!

NINJA EDIT: Phantom Spider bug quashed... They retain their bite/poison attack but I had to alter it slightly to avoid crashing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:57:02 pm by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 18, 2010, 10:06:44 pm »

When i go to prepare to embark it wont let me have an axe

it says "axe cannot be found" or something and wont let me purchase one

To my knowledge for some reason, as in vanilla you can only hold one type of axe... The only thing that Dig Deeper changes is that hatchets are counted as axes so if you have a hatchet in your embark equipment you will be unable to get an axe also. Just delete the hatchet and search for the axe again.

OK... What bugs do I have left?

Everyone IS getting migrants and dwarven caravans now right?

I just started a new fortress in Dig Deeper, and this specific one is crashing within a few minutes each time I try to play it.  I searched this thread for any mention of crashes and saw the request for a copy of the saved game (and this mod's been totally stable for me prior to this one game).  In case you're still interested in maps that crash, here's a copy of it.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRIU7B11

In case it matters, I'm also using a music mod (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=890) and a couple minor init.txt changes, but these didn't affect stability in any of the previous games for me.

Is it possible this was related to the phantom spider bite crash? Were you near a chasm?

Fixed vegetation creatures so they start appearing in worlds, that issue from vanilla DF has been bugging me for awhile... I still need to improve treants... Have one maybe for each wood in the world and all different biomes? Start making forests more dangerous :D.

EDIT: I decided to split up the vampires and werewolves into three ranks... Vampires/Werewolves, Greater Vampires/Werewolves and Ancient Vampires/Werewolves and even out the power a bit, Werewolves got some love.

Did the same three tier rank thing with treants.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:29:29 pm by The13thRonin »

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57