Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180633 times)

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B
« Reply #735 on: February 01, 2010, 08:00:31 pm »

I could really go for a combination download package of 40d16 + Dig Deeper + Ranting Rodent's graphics pack tweaked (for Orcs and etc).
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Magil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 03, 2010, 03:32:40 am »

Is it normal for an Ancient Vampire (leader of a ratling civilization) to show up and be friendly to my dwarves?

It slaughtered a few goblin siege parties before it finally died. I was amused to watch my dwarves walk right by the vampire and pick up the dead goblins' equipment to haul back to the fortress.

Especially since I was killing ratling thieves that the vampire was supposedly the leader of and it didn't seem to care.
Quote from: Mystic Mongol
Turns out most of the nobles had the same room. Moreover, this same room was apparently bedroom, office, and dining room. I don't know what they thought was in this room... I do know the doors were all locked, so none of them could get IN.

Also, apparently there was a fire inside, and had been for months. I feel I should investigate this at some point.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #737 on: February 03, 2010, 10:03:37 am »

Is it normal for an Ancient Vampire (leader of a ratling civilization) to show up and be friendly to my dwarves?

Seems to be a known issue.  Probably due to it being the leader of a civilization you aren't actually at war with.  Babysnatchers and thieves don't count as war, they're hard-coded behavior.

When it happened in my fortress I used Dwarf Companion to change my Ancient Vampire to be a member of my civilization.  The next spring the dwarves elected her mayor.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 03, 2010, 06:28:32 pm »

Might I ask what Ilmenite is?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 03, 2010, 08:44:34 pm »

Where's that?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 03, 2010, 08:51:29 pm »

Where's that?

It's a type of stone, I believe in the original DF as well as Dig deeper.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilmenite.  You can check your stocks, then stones and scroll through the list to find it and see if it has any 'use' as a metalic ore or for a reaction, or if it's 'just another store' ;p
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 03, 2010, 09:08:42 pm »

check your stocks, then stones
I strongly recommend that you do not do this. In a mature fortress, checking your stones in the z-stocks menu can freeze your computer up to 10 minutes while Dwarf Fortress tries to count the tens of thousands of stones you have.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 03, 2010, 09:21:05 pm »

I just started a new fortress in Dig Deeper, and this specific one is crashing within a few minutes each time I try to play it.  I searched this thread for any mention of crashes and saw the request for a copy of the saved game (and this mod's been totally stable for me prior to this one game).  In case you're still interested in maps that crash, here's a copy of it.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRIU7B11

In case it matters, I'm also using a music mod (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=890) and a couple minor init.txt changes, but these didn't affect stability in any of the previous games for me.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 04, 2010, 06:42:04 am »

I just started a new fortress in Dig Deeper, and this specific one is crashing within a few minutes each time I try to play it.  I searched this thread for any mention of crashes and saw the request for a copy of the saved game (and this mod's been totally stable for me prior to this one game).  In case you're still interested in maps that crash, here's a copy of it.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRIU7B11

In case it matters, I'm also using a music mod (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=890) and a couple minor init.txt changes, but these didn't affect stability in any of the previous games for me.

Error.log?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 04, 2010, 09:26:47 am »

The errorlog textfile is about 300k, so compressed it and uploaded it here.  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32OGNOPM  Errorlog seems to cover several games?  This map has crashed for me 7 times now before the first autumn, but the end of the errorlog shows details of an orc battle, haven't had orcs yet on this map.  I'd played another map for several hours before seeing your request, so loaded up the problem map and played it to the crash (timing is unpredictable, but always fairly soon after starting, once about 2 seconds, a couple times almost an hour in) hoping to put the crash details where you'd expect to see them.  To me the end and begining of the file look the same still though.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 04, 2010, 03:26:40 pm »

I recently upgraded to the most recent Dig Deeper with the desire to play a bit of DF again...
But, I'd like to run a Human Fortress in Dig Deeper.
What all do I need to do to mod Dig Deeper to play as humans?

Do I just add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to humans, remove [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from dwarves like normal in entity_default.txt?

And then add
Code: [Select]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_GIANTAXEBLADE]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_ENORMOUSCORKSCREW]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_SPIKEDBALL]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE]
to humans in entity_default.txt?

and add
Code: [Select]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
to dwarves in  entity_default.txt?

and last but not least, change [RANGED:BOW:ARROW] to [RANGED:CROSSBOW:ARROW] in item_weapon.txt?

Or... does Dig Deeper change anything that makes this not possible or need to be done differently (and am I even doing it correctly in the first place)?

Thanks

nowanmai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 04, 2010, 06:20:42 pm »

Kind of a forum n00b here, but here goes. I installed the Dig Deeper mod, removed the [trapavoid] tag from the Orcs and I just won't get migrants nor caravans. Just the "friendly" Orcs.
On embark screen it showed all civs have access to my site, but, after almost two years and many, many Orcs dead, I'm starting to think maybe something's wrong?
I'm using a very long trap tunnel, so my OG7 don't get killed, but now I've got magma and all the ores one could wish for, but I simply lack the dwarfpower for all the tasks.
Any advice?
Edit: I removed the [trapavoid] tag, 'cause Orcs seem too big to just sneak their way in. Better if they come with a 'BANG'.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:42:30 pm by nowanmai »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 04, 2010, 06:39:15 pm »

One possible reason, if your seasonal chance to get caravans or migrants happens to come while you are still being sieged, you'll not get a message or anything, simply the good event wont happen.  I don't know how long it's taking you to break the siege, but if it's a very long time and you are spending most of each season with orcs at your door, that's probably why.

nowanmai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 04, 2010, 06:47:46 pm »

One possible reason, if your seasonal chance to get caravans or migrants happens to come while you are still being sieged, you'll not get a message or anything, simply the good event wont happen.  I don't know how long it's taking you to break the siege, but if it's a very long time and you are spending most of each season with orcs at your door, that's probably why.
Usually they come at the start of the season. And to get rid of them takes, well, how fast can your dorfs load the traps again? First time there were one squad of about 8 - 10 Orcs. The next - 3 squads with Swordmasters, Spearmasters and the like. And it was my first winter.
Damn, they're nasty. Like pitbulls - once they latch their teeth in the prey they won't let go.  :)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 04, 2010, 06:57:31 pm »

Very true!  Caravans like to come about the 15thish of the early season.  With luck they arrive before a siege, and if you have a path to keep both separate you can enjoy both safely.  Sometimes the orcs visit erratically, other times they hammer practically four times a year.  For my orcs I left them with their trap immune, and made a bridge controlled fall-trap that they are not immune to, with a few other access controlled ways in and out for when the orcs are not quite on the path to death yet but I really need another way in and out.

Sounds like you're getting some rough luck this map - but migrants will eventually come, and caravans too.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57