Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176117 times)

Angellus

Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3] NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #435 on: October 03, 2009, 04:07:27 pm »

Does it count to digging deeper if you remove all trapavoid tags?
If so, I dig deeper :D

Would it be possible to make a changelist on the first post by the way? I would like to know what changed from 1.2 which I am using to 1.3.

Bloody great mod!

I'm always busy with constructions and tend to forget them, leaving entrances open undefended, goblins never made me feel this, the critters in this mod do :)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 03, 2009, 09:12:01 pm »

You could give Gobbo's the [trAPAVOID] tag instead, and make them harder to deal with somehow.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 03, 2009, 09:27:57 pm »

How easy/difficult would it be to merge this mod with Civforge?

Angellus

« Reply #438 on: October 04, 2009, 04:44:58 am »

You could give Gobbo's the [trAPAVOID] tag instead, and make them harder to deal with somehow.
Nah, I like the traps to be something that attacks relentless.

I also lay upon myself a mandate of no more then 5 traps a year :)

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 05, 2009, 06:40:40 pm »

I've installed Dig Deeper and now that I finally have extra iron around I noticed that I can't forge plate mail - it has been replaced by breastplate.  Is this as intended?  If not where should I look for the cause?  I browsed the item_armor.txt file and the entry for plate armor remains there, unchanged as far as I can tell.  entity_default.txt has    [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_PLATEMAIL:COMMON] in addition to a tag for ITEM_ARMOR_CHESTPLATE.  I'm not sure where else to look.
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 07, 2009, 04:30:38 am »

I love this mod.  It has breathed new life into DF for me.  The Orcs are easy to manage if the dwarves do what they do best: build.  If you focus on building instead of fighting, it's easy to handle the Orcs---until you screw up your design.  Then it gets interesting.

This mod is like a McGyver episode: You have a limited time in which to build a machine.  And if you mess it up in any way, then you're probably dead.

My only complaint: I flooded some outdoor stone and built plots to try some of the new above-ground crops.  I couldn't plant anything on them.  I could only plant outdoor crops on actual outdoor soil.  Was that intentional?

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 07, 2009, 04:42:11 pm »

Leonidas: I believe that behavior is in vanilla DF.  When I first tried to do outdoor crops in 38d I couldn't plant them in outdoor muddied rock.  Since then I've looked for locations with soil.

By the way - could you check your forge armor list for me and see if plate mail shows up?  It isn't on my list after loading the mod, just breastplates.
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 08, 2009, 01:21:55 am »

Very easy.  Just add the orcs from DD to CivForge (both creature AND entity) and presto!  There you are.

Both of them change the metals around a lot, but the changes are more numerous in CivForge and CF has almost all the changes that DD has.

Oh, you'll also have to make sure the GROWDUR values on your crops are as high as DD sets them, in order to get the real experience.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 08, 2009, 03:20:46 am »

Very easy.  Just add the orcs from DD to CivForge (both creature AND entity) and presto!  There you are.

Both of them change the metals around a lot, but the changes are more numerous in CivForge and CF has almost all the changes that DD has.

Oh, you'll also have to make sure the GROWDUR values on your crops are as high as DD sets them, in order to get the real experience.

I thought DD had more changes than CF? Not that it's very important in the grand scheme of things... CF is of course a great mod, highly recommended.

Sorry about my absence... Still in the middle of exams... Should finish by 2-3 weeks... Keep the thread alive in my absence, I still read even if I can't find the time to post  ;).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 08, 2009, 06:53:17 am »

I'm confused. Is White Marble a flux, being a marble type?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 08, 2009, 09:44:49 am »

I'm confused. Is White Marble a flux, being a marble type?

All versions of marble are flux.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 08, 2009, 11:07:49 am »

CF has nearly all the important changes that DD has.  It has differing marble types, it has mithril (a metal between steel and adamantium), it has a new magma-proof rock found in igneous areas, it has new meal names, creatures (some of which are trainable and tameable), new gems...

DD has new craft names that CF doesn't have, I think it alters the plants more, and I'm fairly certain CF has neither orcs nor pizza.  And DD probably has more new wood names.

EDIT: Oh I forgot!  DD does have lots of surface plants CF doesn't have.  I forgot those because I deleted almost all of them when I played DD.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:10:07 am by Lyrax »
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 08, 2009, 09:51:03 pm »

Wouldn't make them much more dangerous. Usually it's my haulers who walk into them, then whichever soldier dwarf happens to be getting some fresh air goes and knocks their green asses back to the tower that sent them.

I am loving Dig Deeper though. Very fun mod. I admit, I deleted marble of all types, but that's because I hate marble. Now I have a bunch of sites with magma and limestone, very nice. I don't really consider this cheating, since these sites existed before they were just much rarer.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 08, 2009, 11:55:49 pm »

It helps 'em snatch children, though. :D

And I've lost the occasional woodcutter or soldier to a gobbo ambush, but only when there are crossbowgobs in the squad. But then crossbows are a different matter entirely.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 09, 2009, 09:05:18 am »

It helps 'em snatch children, though. :D

And I've lost the occasional woodcutter or soldier to a gobbo ambush, but only when there are crossbowgobs in the squad. But then crossbows are a different matter entirely.

I use chained guard animals as a secondary defense. I suppose it would make my traps almost entirely obsolete, of course, except to catch the occasional unfortunate who gets stunned into them.

I wish there was a partial trap avoid, that's what I would give the orcs. If only, say, 30% of traps hit them, you would still have to have a military defense, but you could set up traps to thin their numbers. Combined with getting stuck, traps would remain useful without becoming as overpowered as they are now.

Of course, I still think that all traps should be single use. Weapon traps should just have the advantage of doing more damage and being easier to reload, at the cost of requiring more expensive components.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57