Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180448 times)

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3] NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #375 on: August 30, 2009, 11:43:47 pm »

Hmm..four years into my Dig Deeper fort and I have been visited by a Ancient vampire, only problem is he's friendly, despite being the ruler of the local goblins he shows up as friendly and refuses to attack any of my dwarves. Not sure if thats an issue with the creature itself or the game though but thought it'd put it out there.

It happens because it's still a MegaBeast and the game can pick it when looking for a MegaBeast to attack. It happened to me in my fort, when a Black Dragon who was the leader of some Goblins decided to show up.

Hilariously, this DOES NOT block other MegaBeasts from showing up. As in my case, where the very next season a Red Dragon showed up right next to the Black Dragon and they proceeded to duke it out over my fortress.

How well does this work with the Mayday graphics pack? I could certainly give this a try and having more variety of stuff to work with sounds cool. So are the Orks.

It works fine but, obviously, the modded in creatures are all missing graphics.

n.dravid

• Bay Watcher
  • A Rabbit is Enraged!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06:19 am »

Lol, I love the mod and the fault wasn't exactly trap avoid. It just happened to be that I counted on a brook acting like a river, when it's actually a brook...i.e. very compliant to enemy movement. My comment was more on of surprise when I looked at the RAW rather than outrage.

Ronin is definitely right, creativity is the key to survival with this mod!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:07 am »

While I think 100% trapavoid is kind of cheesy, traps are the mainstay of guerrilla combat which seems very dwarfy to me, [trAPAVOID] is the lesser of two evils. I used to use the orc mod with trapavoid turned off, three base quality glass spiked balls ran off a siege. Yea, they're that overpowered.

Just had my first prepared encounter with the orcs, and they aren't that bad. Ran them off with some caravan guards, two legendary wrestlers/competent hammerdwarves in bronze, and two marksdwarves. Should be much easier after I get some immigrants - this siege came in the first friggin fall! Even the orc mod isn't that fast paced, if I hadn't planned on training a military, the fort would have been lost. Kind of scary, really, I like it.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:31 pm »

It was brought up in another thread that Gargoyles lack a [HAS_RACEGLOSS:] tag.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2009, 07:33:51 am »

What does this mean?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 02, 2009, 04:09:32 pm »

You can set a creature to leave a nonstandard corpse behind it with that.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2009, 09:40:02 pm »

Just started this mod in adventurer mode... first thing I found was group of Pheasant (wasn't ambush, I just zoom in)

They weren't attackable until I used Shift + A, choked one to death, others didn't mind at all.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 02, 2009, 09:44:14 pm »

You were probably playing as an Elf then. Elves are the friends of all nature. No ambushes, animals won't run from you, and so on.

I do have a bit of a problem with adventurer mode. Since humans are set to use the lesser metals, and it seems that the gold alloys count as lesser metals, they end up selling only Chrome or Green Gold or Red Brass weapons. Kobolds also seem to use Chrome Arrows almost exclusively. It's no real problem with the game balance since they're all notoriously weak when used in weapons, but it breaks immersion for me a bit, since I have to sit and wonder why they used all that precious metal to make weapons. Is there a way to make sure they use Iron, Copper and Brass only?

(On an additional note, I once encountered a goblin temple that was built entirely out of what were apparently Gold Blocks. WOW.)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 02, 2009, 11:18:43 pm »

I like the variety of food offered in the game. However, I was a bit disconcerted to see things like "burger", "pizza", and "pasta" among possibilities. It detracts from the flavor of the game to have dishes with such strong modern American connotations included with it. Maybe other names like "Banquet" or "Feast" (I admittedly am not that great at coming up with names off the top of my head) should be used?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:58 pm »

I like the variety of food offered in the game. However, I was a bit disconcerted to see things like "burger", "pizza", and "pasta" among possibilities. It detracts from the flavor of the game to have dishes with such strong modern American connotations included with it. Maybe other names like "Banquet" or "Feast" (I admittedly am not that great at coming up with names off the top of my head) should be used?

What?!? you don't want your dwarf to eat Cat-burgers and Demon-burgers at McDwarf's?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 02, 2009, 11:30:42 pm »

What does this mean?

The gargoyles are using several tags:

[ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:USE_RACEGLOSS]
[MATERIAL:STONE:USE_RACEGLOSS]

These apparently don't work right without a racegloss tag (i.e. they were dropping statues made of unspecified stone).
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 04, 2009, 08:07:15 pm »

EDIT: oh my Urist, I am stupid.

Might as well sign me up on those who dig deeper.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:23:58 pm by Sysice »
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 05, 2009, 05:02:25 am »

What are the Liches like?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Razin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 07, 2009, 07:25:58 pm »

Ok, so I found a decent new location for trying a new tile-set, ect.  The map is a gradually sloping sparse grassland with a major river running through it in the north-west (complete with buffalo and a ton of geese).  The rest is a modestly sized rock salt / white marble mountain (with magma, because the idyllic grassland happens to be volcanic). This plus, this should should all freeze, in the winte.

Floating above this otherwise calm map is a Giant Flying Jellyfish

I love this mod so much... (you can add me to that list if you like)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 08, 2009, 05:57:36 am »

Somehow, giant flying jellyfish remind me of Morrowind.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57