Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180472 times)

AxisofLint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.3] NEW RELEASE!
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2009, 09:02:56 am »

1. Yes, you can change this in raws.

GUARDS, SEIZE THE HERETIC!

No but really... Winning because you have a 3x3 corridor of cage traps is some serious lame. Why would you want to edit out the fun?

I asked because I wasn't expecting it the first time I played and had setup some rockfall and weapon traps as supplemental defences since my army wasn't very strong. I had my army hold back while the orcs approached and then the orcs simply walked straight over my traps and I was like.. wtf... and my entire fortress got slaughtered in about 60 seconds.

At the moment, I simply use a pit with a drawbridge to keep the orcs out until I have sufficient resources to deal with them properly.

I've only been playing DF for a few months, so I'm not that great at it atm ;)

3) Is there a list somewhere of the new crop/animal types and what processes you can do with them? I.e, are there any new 'thread' crops, or 'milkable' animals?

Yeah... Hemp and cotton are new threads... There's many new dyes too... Check the README, it has a full change-log.

Yep, I meant more along the lines of which crops can be processed at which buildings (i.e, the cave beehives seem to be for brewing.. the hemp and cotton, as you've said are for thread, etc).

Thanks though =)

Blast

• Bay Watcher
  • Deadliest Dwarf Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2009, 09:57:20 am »

ADD ME :P

Great mod! The orcs are fun, and the whole pack of new stuff is a great improvement to dwarf fortress.

Keep up the good job.

Also, if you like to, I can post a link for "my" graphics pack. A mix of Mayday and Beefmo graphics. Orcs show up, still trying to fill in the rest of the animals.

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2009, 10:44:58 am »

The main problem with no traps is that the game is so buggy that less than half of you military dwarves will wear armor properly, and you will have insane micro-managing trying to even get half a dozen of them outfitted.  Basically, the military side of the game is almost completely broken.

For instance, one of my dwarves, after having upgraded to chainmail, has decided his leather leggings would go better in his right hand, which is also holding a water skin and his shield, no of which will be usable like that.

Half of my other dwarves have backpacks or waterskins or socks or something in their shield hand, and there is NO way to make them drop that, making the shields useless.  I wish Toady would hurry up and make a release that fixes the military at least somewhat.

EDIT: Also, can't get the dwarves to equip the Great Helms I've just made, either under chain OR plate armor.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 12:02:37 pm by eviscerator »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2009, 05:12:56 pm »

I'm confused, does
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:punch:punches:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
mean a damage of 1 to 2 OR 1d2? Will alligator bites 4:16 in my raws be a demigodly 4d16 or a reasonable 4-16?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2009, 06:06:47 pm »

The main problem with no traps is that the game is so buggy that less than half of you military dwarves will wear armor properly, and you will have insane micro-managing trying to even get half a dozen of them outfitted.  Basically, the military side of the game is almost completely broken.

For instance, one of my dwarves, after having upgraded to chainmail, has decided his leather leggings would go better in his right hand, which is also holding a water skin and his shield, no of which will be usable like that.

Half of my other dwarves have backpacks or waterskins or socks or something in their shield hand, and there is NO way to make them drop that, making the shields useless.  I wish Toady would hurry up and make a release that fixes the military at least somewhat.

EDIT: Also, can't get the dwarves to equip the Great Helms I've just made, either under chain OR plate armor.

I have only the problem that my dwarves take off their leather armor (all of it) when switching to chainmail
chain and plate are layered semi-properly; the leggings are lost when equipping plate over chain.
However, I can't recall if that's normal or not. losing the leather armor isn't normal. I'm sure my last few fortresses had their military clad in both leather and plate.. Hmm.. Maybe I skipped the chainmail those times though..

As for your problems with dwarves holding stuff in their hands, I think it has to do with the waterskins. They are not functioning / broken at the current release ( and have been for quite a while). If I recall correctly, there's a problem with filling up waterskins that results in them not being dropped / equipped properly. Do not set your military to use waterskins, only food rations.

Edit: What sane dwarf would drink water anyways?

Edit2: I do not know if, for your current situation, setting your military to no longer use waterskins makes them drop them and fix your problem.. If not:
1) forbid all waterskins you want dropped
2) save, exit, and open body_default.txt in raw/objects folder
3) remove [thOUGHT] (fully capitalized ofcourse, sorry, forum scripting can't take that) from [BODY:BRAIN]
4) restart DF, load game
5) all your dwarves, and other beings with brains will have passed out due to lack of thoughts, dropping all their stuff in the progress
6) save, exit
7) put back [thOUGHT] in [BODY:BRAIN]
8] restart, load and behold! Your dwarves won't pick up those waterskins again  ;D

EDIT3: as for great helms, I think those are simply too big for dwarves (it's the only helmet with [MATERIAL_SIZE:3] in the raws, the others have size 2)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:33:18 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2009, 07:37:08 pm »

The problem with Great Helmets is that they're set to Armor Level 3, which is plate. However, making a helmet out of metal increases its armor level by one step, to Armor Level 4. As there is no Armor Level 4, your dwarves will not put it on. The only options are to only make them from leather or to change this in the raws to Armor Level 2.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2009, 08:09:42 pm »

I'll release a fix for the great helm thing soon.

Same with some of the other problems.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Pyrophoricity

• Bay Watcher
  • [TEA_OR_COFFEE: TEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2009, 03:43:39 am »

I'm into my third year of a Dig Deeper Fort, Orcs rolled up and were perilously close to wiping everyone out so I actually sealed the main staircase. This resulted in a series of mining operations to reconnect the various areas on either side of the stairs, nearly half the population was dehydrated but I managed it without (many) casualties. Oh and I was suprised to hit a pocket of Rutile, the prospect of titanium will no doubt be interesting.

So to sum up; I love this Mod, please add me to the list  :D
wooden maces (omg, it's a heavy stick!)
Why not read DaggerStatic: A community fort? http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39205.0

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2009, 08:18:20 am »

Major weirdness happen:

I have removed [AUTUMN] as active season for the orcs, because I like my dwarven traders..

It all worked so far, but now, 12th year of the fort, early autumn.. Dwarven traders just arrived and are safely inside the depot...

A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS HAS ARRIVED

'Oh joy', I think. 'More goblins' (who do frequently siege me in autumn)

Nope. ORCS. Full sized siege of em, too. 6 groups, mostly axe-orcs.
It seems my military will be making overtime this year.

But it is really odd. Removing autumn as active season should keep the orcs away during that season.
Only explanation I can think of is that those orcs come from far, and started their siege before autumn. Don't know if that is possible though.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 24, 2009, 10:28:28 am »

turn all the seasons off, see if they still come.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2009, 10:51:27 am »

Did you regen first?

Also, I'm pretty sure a slightly altered version of this mod spawned Cacame, the most epic elf to live, badass enough to be king of a dwarven civ, killing a size 40 dragon despite no armor and only being "competent" with his mithril hammer. AND CAME OUT UNHARMED.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 24, 2009, 11:45:31 am »

And the normal version gave Morul and Ironblood?
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2009, 11:48:28 am »

I think those two were vanilla

Basically, this lets elves be badass

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2009, 12:32:22 pm »

yes I (re)genned

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2009, 03:40:42 pm »

I can't wait for the new RAWS... I hope this doesn't prove to difficult to port over...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57