Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180630 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.2]
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2009, 07:36:16 pm »

It works for me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tanase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2009, 12:34:45 pm »

Going to give this mod a try. Looks quite promising.

Phelix

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining is Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2009, 01:15:47 pm »

Now officially digging deeper
"An Ambush! Curse them!"

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2009, 07:23:41 am »

ADD ME  ;D
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2009, 04:34:42 pm »

Okay, I've just tried this mod out for the first time... and died before my first trade caravan entered my depot.

To green slimes.

They just oozed in and killed everyone... there's bits of blood and beard plastered to the walls with the very slime that killed them...

All that remains is the heavily armed and uninjured trade caravan, sat in my Trade Depot, cleaning the slime out of their beards and watching my mechanic (the last survivor) bleed to death, and complaining that there's no-one to trade with.

I LOVE THIS MOD
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2009, 04:43:41 pm »

If you want a quote for that front page, here goes.

There comes a time in every DF player's life when building fortresses becomes routine. Once you've run a few fortresses it's so easy to repeat the old, familiar, winning patterns time after time. Only when something goes wrong are you forced to innovate. For a careful player like myself, things hardly ever go wrong. Until I tried this mod. And for that I wish to thank you.
Thank you for bringing the excitement back into my fortresses. Thank you for making them go wonderfully, wonderfully wrong. Thank you for forcing me to think outside the box.

As an aside, DD was also a significant factor in making SparkGear 3 as epic as it was. I am in your debt for that as well.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2009, 07:13:01 pm »

Thank you for all the praise  :), I just try to do my little bit for the community. I can't wait to sink my teeth into the new RAWS, I imagine Dig Deeper will improve significantly!

As an aside, DD was also a significant factor in making SparkGear 3 as epic as it was. I am in your debt for that as well.

I am so happy that I was able to contribute in some small way to the epic-ness that is Sparkgear. I'm still not totally through the story (still reading) but it is by far my favorite succession fortress and EVERYONE should go read it right now.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2009, 11:34:07 pm »

i tried downloading this but im  having some difficulty installing it. is the data folder only supposed to have the speech folder inside? cause theres nothing in there besides that one speech folder

the download only gave me the folders
Data- only Speech folder inside theres nothing else. since the instructions say that im supposed to be overwriting the data folder id think there would be more files in the download right?
Raw
and Thumbs.db

when i put these things in the appropriate places nothing in the game changes when i start up the game and make a new fortress.  Theres nothing but the same stone and metal and creatures as far as i can see.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2009, 11:42:31 pm »

i tried downloading this but im  having some difficulty installing it. is the data folder only supposed to have the speech folder inside? cause theres nothing in there besides that one speech folder

the download only gave me the folders
Data- only Speech folder inside theres nothing else. since the instructions say that im supposed to be overwriting the data folder id think there would be more files in the download right?
Raw
and Thumbs.db

when i put these things in the appropriate places nothing in the game changes when i start up the game and make a new fortress.  Theres nothing but the same stone and metal and creatures as far as i can see.

Yeah the data folder is only meant to have the speech stuff in there. Thumbs.db should not be in the package???  :-X

Make sure you DELETE your previous RAWS folder and replace the empty spot it leaves with the DIG DEEPER RAWS folder.

The base game is unchanged but you should notice a variety of new objects that you can purchase on the EMBARK screen that'll let you know the mod is working. Check for the various instruments and creature leather?

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2009, 12:51:00 am »

ahh yes thx that worked but my 2nd question is how do i get access to the new metals and stone that you modded in other than from the embark screen i used a revealer to look at the layout but i dont see anything cept the original stones.  or can i only get them from trading

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2009, 12:28:18 am »

ahh yes thx that worked but my 2nd question is how do i get access to the new metals and stone that you modded in other than from the embark screen i used a revealer to look at the layout but i dont see anything cept the original stones.  or can i only get them from trading

You should find everything intermediately placed within your world. For example foraging will give you many of the new plants and you will find the woods growing all over the place. The minerals will be tucked away under the Earth and you'll have to mine for them.

In other news we are up to:

* Additions - 418
* Changes - 48

So minor work on the next release has already begun! As a small preview most of my work has been centered around even more new plants, dyes and extracts!

Wild Strawberries for instance will now be mill-able into a strawberry colored dye!

I'm thinking for this release I will start overhauling existing systems within the mod whilst still attempting to bring new and exciting additions to the already large amount of additions.

If someone could do a FPS based check comparing my mod to vanilla Dwarf Fortress that would be great! I'm 90% sure my mod doesn't drop performance (due to only introducing one WORLD SPANNING menace [the orcs] while everything else is computed only when actually relevant to the world [aka - onscreen]) but I'd like to know for sure.

I'm STILL eagerly awaiting some screenshots of the mod in action so I can begin to spruce up the main page which still looks like a rank pile of dog-meat  :'(.

Also on the agenda... Throw your ideas at me... I need more ideas to implement! Ideas are the lifeblood of this mod! Help me keep in afloat.

Other than that... KEEP DIGGING DEEPER  ;D!

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2009, 01:05:34 am »

More varied demon types? I'm sure they could use some variety.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2009, 06:32:02 am »

More varied demon types? I'm sure they could use some variety.

Like some kind of Demon Spoon?  :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2009, 06:51:39 am »

Dig Diaper.

Seriously, I was going to start a new fort with someone's else mod to rest from my mods.
As I told you, the beginning was cool. It's too laggy to play at work, but I will have a time to play at home today and I will give you my feedback. I hope I find an interesting starting location.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2009, 07:24:34 am »

If you want you can add me to the list of those who play the mod, played it for weeks and i think its great.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57