Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 180615 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER 1.2 Release]
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2009, 08:01:24 am »

About Flying mounts on orcs, i saw that in Dark dwarves mod were orcs rode on dragons or maybe it was another mod, anyway that bugged it all up as the orcs just stood still at the edge of the screen and didnt attack not even when my dwarves were under them. dont know if this has to do with the mounts agressiveness but had to tell you that it may dont go well.

I believe flying mounts SIEGERS including MEGABEASTS are bugged. The reason why Toady has crippled the ability of Dragons to actually use their wings for flight.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Arathanar

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: mind-boggling awesomeness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2009, 05:28:40 pm »

Page TWO?!? Blasphemy!

Also:

playerswhodigdeeper[playerswhodigdeeper.length + 1] = Arathanar.

Sure you'll get null pointer exceptions, but we've got something called Deepsteel. That's all that really matters.

Null pointer exceptions?

Poorly executed Java joke. Add me to the "Players who play dwarf fortress" list, I mean.
Urist, you can't go there! The ground is PURPLE!

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2009, 05:29:14 pm »

About Flying mounts on orcs, i saw that in Dark dwarves mod were orcs rode on dragons or maybe it was another mod, anyway that bugged it all up as the orcs just stood still at the edge of the screen and didnt attack not even when my dwarves were under them. dont know if this has to do with the mounts agressiveness but had to tell you that it may dont go well.

I believe flying mounts SIEGERS including MEGABEASTS are bugged. The reason why Toady has crippled the ability of Dragons to actually use their wings for flight.
if dragons could fly,they could destroy the entire fort. no matter what you have
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2009, 06:53:00 pm »

if dragons could fly,they could destroy the entire fort. no matter what you have
Not if you have colapse traps.

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2009, 07:48:48 pm »

Or a single marksdwarf.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2009, 08:05:14 pm »

Or a single marksdwarf.
Colapse traps are easier to get a hold of though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2009, 04:47:21 am »

+ Deon

I usually play my own mods but here on work I have a very crappy computer. I mean really. 8 mb videocard and 256 RAM are DF killers.

However your mod adds much less races and probably there's something else happening (probably I've added too many entities for this PC to handle well), and it's a good thing. I've found that I get better FPS with your mod, I mean it's playable and mine is not.

So I gave it a go, and it's really nice. Ol'good DF with stuff.

I've noticed that a variety of food doesn't cause a perfomance impact, so if you're interested there's "TYE" mod of mine you can use (it adds a lot of different food types). I thought that it would go along the lines pretty nicely, with all new toys and instruments.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2009, 07:24:23 am »

+ Deon

I usually play my own mods but here on work I have a very crappy computer. I mean really. 8 mb videocard and 256 RAM are DF killers.

However your mod adds much less races and probably there's something else happening (probably I've added too many entities for this PC to handle well), and it's a good thing. I've found that I get better FPS with your mod, I mean it's playable and mine is not.

So I gave it a go, and it's really nice. Ol'good DF with stuff.

I've noticed that a variety of food doesn't cause a perfomance impact, so if you're interested there's "TYE" mod of mine you can use (it adds a lot of different food types). I thought that it would go along the lines pretty nicely, with all new toys and instruments.

Thanks Deon, and I would just like it noted that I very much like your mod and very much think it is playable. I think you have done great things and I can't wait to sample your future work (under the new raws system).

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2009, 07:59:37 am »

Yeah, I eager for the next release, mainly for the main tissues for my mutants :D.

By unblayable I meant that it's 3-5 fps on average for my mod and 10-12 for yours, so I play yours (and enjoy it) :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2009, 09:00:12 am »

dont worry deon...you will get a faster one.
good things happen to good people ^____________________________^
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: DIG DEEPER [v1.2]
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2009, 10:32:10 pm »

Trying to spruce up the title page... Anyone got any ideas for reordering things to be even semi-coherent?

Also I NEED screen-shots of the mod in action! Come on people, do me proud  ;D.

And thanks again jarathor for your amazing art! See it on the front page.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2009, 11:52:06 am »

well i was going to attempt to see if i could probably make a shiny graphic's pack for this game,but i don't know how to makethe dwarfs look like what the graphic's pack look like...if anyone can help? because it doesnt seem to be the same as the tilesets
Story of my life.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2009, 01:23:56 pm »

Okay, I've been lurking on and off on the forums for a while.  I'm going to give this mod a shot.

As a side note, I always change half the subterranean creatures to [PET] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and even add the [trAINABLE] tag to them.  Why?
1) It gives me something to look forward to.  When I'm filthy rich, I can afford a whole army of war giant spiders!  Muahahah!
2) I think it adds to the verisimilitude, since the only civs able to access these creatures will be subterranean ones.  I mean, I ought to have giant moles or subterranean rats as pets if I'm the dwarves!
3) It's way cooler than dwarves with horses and mules and naught else.

Anyways, I'm going to mod your mod with my mod because I like it.  I thought I'd suggest it as a change to the whole thing, since it takes so little work for a big payoff.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2009, 05:09:08 am »

I just started playing this mod, just wanted to say so far so good!  Is it bad that I dug a moat and put in a draw bridge to avoid the orcs early on?

Also, three questions:

1) Are metal veins more common in this mod than vanilla DF to make up for the lack of magnetite clusters?

2)Would it be possible to simply lower trap damage (halve it?) and increase the likelihood of jamming so that orcs wouldn't need trap avoid? (I like traps since it gives purpose to my glass works)

3)Do animals provide more than one skin per butcher now?  I killed like 12 rhesus in my first 3 seasons, and seem to have more than that in skins, but I'll double check later.

Poor orcs, what must they have thought, when suddenly the pond next to them dried up with a sucking sound.  Next, a strange staircase jutted up in the middle of the pond, and soon the dwarves began a mysterious construction dozen feet above the ground.  A strange stone walkway was built towards them; maybe the stupid dwarves would fall off to be eaten!  Then a peasant grabbed a crossbow...

Ok, they siege in spring too??  The last siege just left, this is year two, I have sixteen dwarves and THIRTY+ orcs showed up....  too bad I had decided to build a walled above ground passage to the tower - stupid masons built the walls second.  <--- I meant HAD 16 dwarves....didn't even kill one orc I don't think either.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 01:13:43 pm by eviscerator »

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2009, 06:45:23 pm »

I cannot download the file from the provided link.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=980 leads me to http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=980&f=Dwarf%20Fortress%20-%20Dig%20Deeper.rar, which does not work.

Edit: The same link now works, 5 minutes later.  I blame wizards and dragons.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:49:06 pm by j0nas »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 57