Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57

Author Topic: DIG DEEPER, V1.4B  (Read 176362 times)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress [DIG DEEPER 1.2 Release]
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2009, 05:31:25 am »

Recently tried this mod and it turned itself on when i used find location, i checked the errorlog and it said i had 2 on VARISCITE and i will try if that solved it unless its supposed not to be able to use Find.

EDIT: deleting 1 Variscite in the objects folder solved it. i removed EVERYTHING before i installed so i dont think it had to do with that
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 05:33:30 am by Phazer »
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2009, 08:36:27 am »

Recently tried this mod and it turned itself on when i used find location, i checked the errorlog and it said i had 2 on VARISCITE and i will try if that solved it unless its supposed not to be able to use Find.

EDIT: deleting 1 Variscite in the objects folder solved it. i removed EVERYTHING before i installed so i dont think it had to do with that

Thanks for finding that bug... I'll fix it right up and release another version tomorrow. Good thing I have such a conscientious group of people using the mod! Without your feedback I wouldn't be able to provide stable releases for you guys :).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Ryusho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2009, 09:29:13 pm »

Quick question, is it a bug that orcs can avoid EVERY SINGLE TRAP I make, or are they just that darn agile and able to spot the triggers.....

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2009, 10:51:37 pm »

Quick question, is it a bug that orcs can avoid EVERY SINGLE TRAP I make, or are they just that darn agile and able to spot the triggers.....

its intended.  they have the trap avoid tag.

Ryusho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2009, 11:12:38 pm »

alright...I might need to mod that for my game play then..because It is impossible for me to survive at all against the orcs, since the most I can do is basically get a champion wrestler or two, without armor or anything then here comes 15-20 orcs..when I only have 20-30 people..and they can kill my champions in less then a second each.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2009, 01:48:12 am »

alright...I might need to mod that for my game play then..because It is impossible for me to survive at all against the orcs, since the most I can do is basically get a champion wrestler or two, without armor or anything then here comes 15-20 orcs..when I only have 20-30 people..and they can kill my champions in less then a second each.

Good to see that they're working as intended.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2009, 10:21:15 am »

isnt it self-explaining that 20 orcs kill 2 dwarf without armor or weapons.

and why you can do that to goblins is because they flee when their leader dies and dont fight back anymore.
just get some archers to give cover, armor and weapons to the melee guys and use good tactics and you should get away with no casualties
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Ignem

• Bay Watcher
  • formerly known as slemsvamp
    • View Profile
    • My own music
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2009, 02:58:38 pm »

The13thRonin, just started using your mod about 15-20 minutes ago, but I'm wondering if I just lucked out or if this is part of the mod's intentions:

Strike the Adamantine? (Link goes to another thread)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:00:11 pm by Ignem »

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2009, 06:54:58 pm »

Having a similar experience (exposed adamantine), I think there's something funky with the mod's treatment of adamantine.

For those having problems with orcs, you can have them appear later on by changing their PROCESS_TRIGGER flags. 5 is the latest, which happens after you have the king, which would generally imply a mature fortress, but for the aforementioned adamantine exposure.

personofshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2009, 07:30:47 pm »

I'm not entirely certain, but it feels like its taking my plants longer than usual to grow. Is this intentional or my imagination or something else?

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2009, 08:07:27 pm »

I'm not entirely certain, but it feels like its taking my plants longer than usual to grow. Is this intentional or my imagination or something else?

doubled growth rate so its harder to farm

personofshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2009, 08:09:47 pm »

Ah, well thats bothersome, maybe a kittenspolsion meat industry

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2009, 08:16:17 pm »

fishing>farming anyway. :D

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2009, 07:37:27 am »

well its not really a problem anyway you just need more farmland which do more sense. Fishing is not necceserily the best option. Farming is safer and if you have enough land to farm on and farmers you get more than enough, and fish cant be turned into brews.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2009, 01:32:26 pm »

well its not really a problem anyway you just need more farmland which do more sense. Fishing is not necceserily the best option. Farming is safer and if you have enough land to farm on and farmers you get more than enough, and fish cant be turned into brews.
True you cant make fish beer, but I EASILY get more then enough fish with only 1 good fisher, and fishing is easier to set up.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57