Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meat reaction  (Read 742 times)

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Meat reaction
« on: May 16, 2009, 06:25:58 am »

Hi, I've been working on an extension to another mod of mine, but I've hit a snag, I'm trying to create a reaction that produces some meat in exchange for a plant, but I have tried multiple formats for the product and I just keep up ending with the game crashing as from a step by step thing i did once turns into boiling leather?

here is what i got so far;

[REACTION:MEAT_FRUIT_TO_MEAT]
[NAME:meat fruit conversion to meat]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT:MEAT_FRUIT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:NO_MATGLOSS:MEAT_WORM]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT:MEAT_FRUIT]

I tried creating a creature that would be temperature resistant enough in order to not complain about coming out a smelter, but i dont seem to be able to play with their tags to get the meat specified, my other stuff should work once i put in their subtypes

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Meat reaction
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:08:14 am »

The proper item token for meat:

Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:MEAT:NONE:MEAT_WORM:NONE]
If that doesn't work it is something wrong with your creature. I don't think temperature resistance is needed for smelting.

If you are wondering about item tokens in the future, try creating an embark profile with the item. Embark profiles use the same item token format.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:20:59 am »

Actually the thing with temperature does, at least from my experience with silk, standard cave spider silk boils so for a plant and reaction i made to produce silk it has to be temperature resistant so it could sit in lava happily so a furnace would be no problem, that way i was sure itd always work, even in a magma forge XP

on another note i just jiggled the reaction like that, I tried something similar before but forgot about the NONE thing instead of the NO_SUBTYPE thing, unfortunately i had also forgot to gen a new world for when i made that critter, i did all that and then it still crashed my game, but the red tile resulting from the smelter isnt there so ill do another step by step thing and see what happens

edit: the reaction works, i saw meat worm meat in my smelter *not boiling, also the seeds were there*, the reaction works, but it crashes the game, sounds like the game goes "Meat? Where is the butchery?!!? WHAT THE *BOOM*"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 09:29:54 am by BlazingDav »

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 10:20:54 am »

Actually the thing with temperature does, at least from my experience with silk, standard cave spider silk boils so for a plant and reaction i made to produce silk it has to be temperature resistant so it could sit in lava happily so a furnace would be no problem, that way i was sure itd always work, even in a magma forge XP

cave spider silk is a different bug entirely and temp has nothing to do with it. It is perfectly feasable to make ice in a smelter (and I do as part of my mod).

BlazingDav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:34:01 am »

ah, though given i managed to solve the meat boiling into boiling leather thing *lolwut?* i think that cave spider silk bug may actually extend to the whole animal products thing, though i think ill test it out with another one i made, the fat fruit *lacks creativity>.>*

also with your ice plant Blakmane how did you get around the problem of when the ice melts after being in your fort a while?, personally i created the ice rat so i can put it in a pit then it will die in about a year leaving an ice block where it was, though i am right ice blocks melt right because i havent tested it

edit: the fat fruit thing crashed it as well, though amusingly the reaction failed to produce anything, there may be a core error in my copy of DF somewhere so ill do a fresh one and see what happens

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 07:46:40 am »

ah, though given i managed to solve the meat boiling into boiling leather thing *lolwut?* i think that cave spider silk bug may actually extend to the whole animal products thing, though i think ill test it out with another one i made, the fat fruit *lacks creativity>.>*

also with your ice plant Blakmane how did you get around the problem of when the ice melts after being in your fort a while?, personally i created the ice rat so i can put it in a pit then it will die in about a year leaving an ice block where it was, though i am right ice blocks melt right because i havent tested it

edit: the fat fruit thing crashed it as well, though amusingly the reaction failed to produce anything, there may be a core error in my copy of DF somewhere so ill do a fresh one and see what happens

I built my fortress outside, where the iceblocks don't melt. They only melt in subterranian areas.

Also: build things out of them. Constructions can never melt (and are even magma proof!)