Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Features that will probably never be added  (Read 3490 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Features that will probably never be added
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 03:01:59 pm »

Why use horses when you have motorcycles?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 03:10:01 pm »

Why use horses when you have motorcycles?
Turning radius, for one thing. Lack of spokes to get gummed up with kudzu vines during search and rescue, or pickaxe handles during crowd control, for another.

http://www.fnmp.org/Articles_ATV_vs_Horse.htm
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:12:40 pm by Ciarog »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 03:35:00 pm »

Don't we have legs for that shit?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 03:48:39 pm »

Have fun following bad-guys forty miles into the wilderness on foot. I hope you're fond of 100 pound backpacks.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 05:08:00 pm »

Have fun following bad-guys forty miles into the wilderness on foot. I hope you're fond of 100 pound backpacks.
But my founder is a paraplegic!
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 02:56:42 am »

Don't we have guns for that? Not to mention other cops?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 04:46:36 am »

No, no we don't.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 05:10:13 am »

So you're telling me all your police force includes is a guy on a horse with no guns?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 06:24:30 am »

Are you suggesting that you can ride a gun or another cop?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 06:51:49 am »

No, but that's a good idea!

I was suggesting that there are other cops in other places to help you search for the perp. You have the manpower to hunt him in the forest. A horse sure ain't gonna help you. Cavalry aren't good in woods.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 07:12:26 am »

Twice the height, twice the firepower, four times the awesome.
!!&!!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 03:23:05 pm »

lol... riding another cop would make it a vicious circle...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 04:39:03 pm »

I was suggesting that there are other cops in other places to help you search for the perp. You have the manpower to hunt him in the forest. A horse sure ain't gonna help you. Cavalry aren't good in woods.
Cavalry no, mounted infantry yes. Greys Scouts of Rhodesia and Mujahideen of Afghanistan proved that back in the 1980's, then the Northern Alliance (Uzbek tribesmen, mostly) proved it again in 2001.

Theodore Kaczynski? Eric Rudolph? They both evaded massive levels of recourses and manpower thrown their way by the government, as do hundreds of thousands of dope farmers throughout the more impoverished and less built-up areas of America.

It's hard to describe the vastness of the American hinterlands our own cityslickers, let alone folks who've spent generations living in urbanized cultures. There are still rural communities in Wyoming and West Virginia that can't be reached by car in the winter, and I think there's places in South Georgia and Mississippi that don't yet have access to commercial telephones or electricity. If you want to find someone in a place like that,

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 05:03:54 pm »

Back on topic: Magical Baby Raccoons.

When all seems lost and a conservative triumph seems inevitable, the Magical Baby Raccoons will rise from the void between universes to rend the flesh and tear asunder the souls of their enemies. A great tempest shall overcome the Conservative palaces in which your leader is located, and not even the chains of death shall prevail against the tempest.

Your leader will be restored, and ascended to levels of glory inaccessable to man in the ages before. The people shall bow and the beasts of the earth and the sky shall heed the commandments of the Liberal Crime Squad, and multitudes shall arise against the fortress of the enemy, doing battle in the name of the Magical Baby Raccoons.

All hail the Magical Baby Raccoons! All hail DEATH!

S_Verner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 12:43:42 pm »

Cavalry no, mounted infantry yes. Greys Scouts of Rhodesia and Mujahideen of Afghanistan proved that back in the 1980's, then the Northern Alliance (Uzbek tribesmen, mostly) proved it again in 2001.

Theodore Kaczynski? Eric Rudolph? They both evaded massive levels of recourses and manpower thrown their way by the government, as do hundreds of thousands of dope farmers throughout the more impoverished and less built-up areas of America.

It's hard to describe the vastness of the American hinterlands our own cityslickers, let alone folks who've spent generations living in urbanized cultures. There are still rural communities in Wyoming and West Virginia that can't be reached by car in the winter, and I think there's places in South Georgia and Mississippi that don't yet have access to commercial telephones or electricity. If you want to find someone in a place like that,

GO TO NEW MEXICO, NORMAL MEXICO IS A SHITHOLE NEW MEXICO IS A GEOLOGICAL WONDERLAND WITH GREEN IN THE MOST INACESSIBLE AREAS.

Also, lawns should be involved in enviromentalism, if only because that shit kills plants that don't require four thousand dollars a year to take care of in your average suburb.
Combat has been...  improved.

Oh God No!

Oh God YES
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4