Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Features that will probably never be added  (Read 3483 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Features that will probably never be added
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 04:09:10 pm »

I don't think really think the issues are really that disturbing. If you really want to make a CCS parody, you can always spin the issue text to be more conservative. For example, how about, say, affirmative action for white poor Southerns? Most of the craziness of the LCS is just implied, for instance, L+ Animal Laws is "Animals are people too." What does that mean? I don't think killing dogs count as "murder" now, so LCS' L+ laws stating "Animals are People" doesn't really seem to give all rights to animals. Yes, you can date animals...but do animals really have the right to get married, or are animals unable to make an informed consent to enter into marriage? Is inter-species marriage a taboo or not? Do animals get legal represenation in trials? What exactly does 'animals are people too' mean? It's not reflected within the game at all, so the LCS craziness is all "implied", not stated. This can be the same with a CCS game too.

But, I think the ends are less disturbing than the means by which they are being accomplished. Terrorism, brainwashing, manipulation of culture through sleepers, use of corporate lawyers and legal retainers to bail guilty people out of jail, murdering people based on their ideology, causing a nuclear meltdown that could very well endanger people's lives, LYING by claiming you did not commit a kidnapping even when you did do so...all to sway political issues. It could be two people fighting over the color of a flag, and it'd still be disturbing to most people.

EDIT: Actually, another thing. If animals are people, then are animals considered mentally capable of understanding their actions or do they need the protection of the human race? If they are considered mentally capable of understandins their actions, animals would gain the same libality as a human would and would be expected to be punished. A rabid dog may be punished with life imprisonment, termites and raccons would be taken off to be re-educated, etc. Again, none of this is reflected in the LCS code.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:58:29 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 07:12:00 pm »

I think your animals will rack up criminal records, stand trial, get a public defender, go to jail, and all that. You just need to get animal rights to L+ to recruit them, and then they act like any other character, except they start with zero skills and might have unique unarmed attacks or unusual stats.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 07:13:35 pm »

Well, what I mean is that (and it's been a long time since I take a look at the code) that you do not get any criminal record if you, say, kill a guard dog. You fixed that bug, and then somebody posted that you should get punished if you are killing a guard dog.

Something like "Animal Murder" as the charge, which can easily be wiped away when Animal Rights laws go down to L...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 11:54:45 pm »

It's actually quite illegal to kill a guard dog as it stands now. There are animal cruelty charges potentially, plus I don't think it's legal to kill a dog in self defense if you're trespassing. I should ask my DA stepfather about that. If I ask enough really weird questions maybe I could end up on a gov't watch list!
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 11:56:23 pm »

I mean in LCS.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 11:59:45 pm »

I mean in LCS.

I feel like I'm spamming, so sorry in advance, but I was kinda implying that in LCS it should be illegal as well. But maybe that's a "feature that will probably never be added."
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 12:12:36 am »

Oh, huh. Sorry for missing the subtext. I think making it illegal to kill a guard dog should be added into LCS as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:14:32 am by Servant Corps »

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:30 am »

Cure the disease of red-green colorblindness so people who suffer from it can tell Liberals (green) from Conservatives (red).

If somebody can cure colorblindness, they're a better person than I.

Edit: By the way, anybody else bothered a little by the fact that RED, the color of that Liberal Ideology of Communism, represents the Conservatives, and the fact that GREEN, the color of that decidedly Conservative Resource Money and the very Conservative Emotion of Envy, represents the Liberals? ;D
dude... look at the traffic lights... Red says stop green says move on...
Status quo or not
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 03:45:36 pm »

viskaslietuvai: Okay, I'm looking through the code. It seems that murdering animals gets you a murder charge when Animal Research laws is L+. So, it is illegal to kill a dog, my bad, but only at L+. If you are killing a dog at any other time, you get no charges.

The code also implies that if animal rights laws at L+, the murder charges get to stick, even if animal right laws go down lower. The law won't forgive you, even in other instances when it would (drug dealing, flag burning).

S_Verner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 03:49:32 pm »

Mutiplayer 2-player game support over the Internet, with one person playing as Liberal and the other playing as Conservative, and the government and public opinion all starting out Moderate.

Multiplayer support that turns the game into a MMORPG (in 3D of course, with lots of sound effects). People could play as teams and complete quests to level up, or something like that, or it could be completely pointless like Second Life.

If JSF did either of these he would have cities in russia named after him.
Combat has been...  improved.

Oh God No!

Oh God YES

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:32 am »

Cure the disease of red-green colorblindness so people who suffer from it can tell Liberals (green) from Conservatives (red).

If somebody can cure colorblindness, they're a better person than I.

Edit: By the way, anybody else bothered a little by the fact that RED, the color of that Liberal Ideology of Communism, represents the Conservatives, and the fact that GREEN, the color of that decidedly Conservative Resource Money and the very Conservative Emotion of Envy, represents the Liberals? ;D
dude... look at the traffic lights... Red says stop green says move on...
Status quo or not

But it's blue in Canada...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 02:27:10 pm »

Give your liberals the option of horse rustling. Liberals have the option of stealing a horse (or donkey, or mule, or ox) and using it with or wthout a wagon on site actions. It'll be little trouble to untether the animals and climb into the saddle or behind the reigns, but low-security liberals have a chance of getting trampled by the animal or shot by the owner.

Foot, vehicle, and horse pursuits are all possible if your Liberals are fleeing with animals. Outrunning vehicles will be quite difficult, but their is a chance of of a good or lucky equestrian going through fields or forests to evade the cops.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 02:33:05 pm »

Give your liberals the option of horse rustling. Liberals have the option of stealing a horse (or donkey, or mule, or ox) and using it with or wthout a wagon on site actions. It'll be little trouble to untether the animals and climb into the saddle or behind the reigns, but low-security liberals have a chance of getting trampled by the animal or shot by the owner.

Foot, vehicle, and horse pursuits are all possible if your Liberals are fleeing with animals. Outrunning vehicles will be quite difficult, but their is a chance of of a good or lucky equestrian going through fields or forests to evade the cops.
Haha, interesting idea. What about cops on horses though?
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 02:59:01 pm »

I've seen police on horseback, in Atlanta and out here in the sticks.

Columbian police use mules to chase rustlers, guerillas and drug workers across the jungles and mountains of their hinterland.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 02:59:30 pm »

I've seen police on horseback, in Atlanta and out here in the sticks.

Columbian police use mules to chase rustlers, guerillas and drug workers across the jungles and mountains of their hinterland.
They're in Boston, too.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4