Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have discovered what HFS is!(spoiler)  (Read 2053 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I have discovered what HFS is!(spoiler)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 02:37:50 pm »

Carp demons sound horrifying  :o

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 07:35:43 pm »

Not as bad as elf demons.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 11:55:52 pm »

Or... elf-carp demons!? :o :o :o

What's even worse, how do you get elf-carp!? :o ??? :o

My brain hurts... :'(
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 11:58:02 pm »

Well, they ARE in touch with nature.

Eww... :P

EnnPeeCee

• Bay Watcher
  • Kitten Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 05:25:47 am »

In one of my first forts, I hit a vein of Adamantine within the first year, with my original 7 dwarves.  I didn't know what that meant for me at the time, so I mined it out.  Within seconds of breaching the pit, frog demons had eaten my mason 10+ z levels above.  I didn't bother trying to stop them after I saw them swarming my halls, so I sat back and watched.  My last dwarf ran outside in fear, stopped for second, then decided it was time for a snack, so headed back in and found a demon in the pantry.  At that moment, a group of over twenty migrants arrived, and marched single file to their deaths.  Needless to say, I was entertained.

Lymojo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:SMARM][PREFSTRING:pendulous balls]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 05:54:51 am »

I had already read everything in the spoilers section of the wiki, so I knew what to expect.

My chamber was filled with a white "unidentified fluid" and engravings of the noble races brutally raping each other, so I knew that I had some tentacle rape monsters on the way.
Okay, I knew I wasn't ready, but I figure I have time to bottle them up behind some constructions and then bide my time while I prepare my ballistas.

However, what the wiki didn't really drive home is that the chamber is ALSO filled with stockholm'd rape victims who swarm your masons and tantrum them to death. I'm pretty sure the miner who pierced the chamber was raped by elves before he died.

I watch in horror as the line of crazies files past each successive build site for my demon stoppers. By the time I get the "demons in the deep!" message, I've gone from being annoyed at losing some prime mining real estate to praying that I might be able to get away with losing no more than all of my housing and forges.

They destroyed everything. Killed everybody.

I go to reclaim with a legion of 70 dwarves. They handled the first few rounds of demons well but a tantrum spiral ended with them literally decimating themselves in a tear-stained brawl.

My last dwarf was finished off by a demon, but only after spending about a week babbling to himself in an old bedroom knee deep in floodwater.

After my THIRD attempt at reclaiming, I finally purge the fort, but at this point all of my dams are broken and the fort is on its way to being completely flooded.

Finally! My fort has some character. I can't wait to see the engravings my guys make once they finish tidying the place up.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 12:53:47 am »

Is HSF on the map when you select one with "other features"?
Yeah yeah yeah!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 02:19:40 am »

Yes. Other Features, at the moment, is HFS.
Pages: 1 [2]