Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: well, this is awesome...  (Read 2916 times)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
well, this is awesome...
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:25:27 pm »

the elves tried to leave when i accidentally offered them a wood bin.They had some stuff i wanted(specifically a caged cougar. So I followed my standard procedure of dealing with elves, and raised the bridge to lock them in the Depot(I have no magma :-[) And let them starve.

What followed was a progressive spiral into madness, as one elf after the other snapped and started killing each other. then thier animals joined in and started it too.

whats so awesome, besides the fact thet tha pointy-eared freaks are killing each other?

last time i did this, they didn't starve until after the human caravan arrived, so i got no human wagons. with this, it will be over in time for the trading season! ;D

There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

PotatoMuncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: well, this is awesome...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:32 pm »

Lol, nice way of killing elves.
I think we found the only thing stupider than a dwarf.
Ladies and Gentlemen; Wagons can run shit over.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:53:25 pm »

Was the poor little cougar ok? He musta been pretty frightened with all those scary elves fighting outside his cage.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Jakkarra

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:01:58 pm »

Was the poor little cougar ok? He musta been pretty frightened with all those scary elves fighting outside his cage.

the only reason elves are scary is their belief that they are superior to dwarves.

Sylver Mchippie: have you met my wife, Birchy Mctree?

Urist Mcmanly: Pull the lever!

Sylver Mchippie has died in the heat

love, jakkarra

(yes, i know i suck at making dialogue)

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 11:12:32 am »

It works much better if you make the dwarfs sound like diabolical German scientists and elves like 15-year-old girls.

Sylver McHippie:  Like, oh-my-god, have you met my boyfriend, Birchy?

Urist McManly:  Pull ze lever!

That heavy, rushing sound combined with the high-pitched whine is the sound of satisfaction.  And frying elves.

On a more... topical note, I can't think of any situation where I felt like the elves and I mutually benefited from a transaction.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Jakkarra

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 11:32:33 am »

It works much better if you make the dwarfs sound like diabolical German scientists and elves like 15-year-old girls.

Sylver McHippie:  Like, oh-my-god, have you met my boyfriend, Birchy?

Urist McManly:  Pull ze lever!

That heavy, rushing sound combined with the high-pitched whine is the sound of satisfaction.  And frying elves.

On a more... topical note, I can't think of any situation where I felt like the elves and I mutually benefited from a transaction.

yours is much better.

Kinnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 11:40:39 am »

When that transaction involved a serious amount of magma perhaps?

What? How did the elves benefit, you ask? Surely, that's an improvement on their miserable existence? (<Dr. Zoidberg voice>: Hey, I'm helping!)

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 02:19:49 pm »

Although not quite as satisfying as magma, I find great joy in cramming the elven caravans full of as many mechanisms as I possibly can dump on them. They bring me screen after screen of cloth bins I don't want? "Sure, I'll take that crap -er, useful stuff- off your hands and trade you these mechanical components I am sure you will find essential in your heavy industry, like your sawmills."

It's an excellent method of getting rid of the low-grade gears cluttering my stores, since I can't be bothered to dump them, allowing me to train my mechanics further.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 02:30:20 pm »

In adventure mode, you can simply sell people a !!Harpy corpse!! attached to a sardine.

"Ok, shopkeep, would you like to buy my sardine?"
"Sure, how much?"
"One monetary unit will be fine."
"Great!"
"But there's one other thing..."
"What?"
"Well... you see... I have this rubbish..."
"Right..."
"And I don't want to litter..."
"Kay..."
"So would you mind taking this corpse off my hands?  It's a bit hot!"
"Sure!"

Anyway, what happened next was that he dropped all his stuff around his shop.  Then, I placed the !!Harpy corpse!! on top of his leather pile.  Entire room full of smoke.  He somehow survived, but was blinded in the process.  All his items became XX.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43:48 pm »

I generally donate my XX objects to orphans. It's important to give back to you community.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 07:56:24 pm »

Last time I tried to lock elves in my depot, they all teleported away at the time they were supposed to be gone, and the donkeys went on record as having stolen all their stuff from me.

There were several engravings of "The donkey is lifting the pigtail sock.  This relates to the theft of a pigtail sock by a donkey."
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:40 pm »

Last time I tried to lock elves in my depot, they all teleported away at the time they were supposed to be gone, and the donkeys went on record as having stolen all their stuff from me.

There were several engravings of "The donkey is lifting the pigtail sock.  This relates to the theft of a pigtail sock by a donkey."
This is too awesome for words.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 08:06:29 pm »

I think its fun to drown elves, while my dwarves are screaming "I THOUGHT YOU LIKED BATHS, HA"
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Da King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 10:28:45 pm »

Set up cage traps around the Depot, and use your  army of Berserk elven traders to fight off the elven sieges which will inevitably come.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 11:00:56 pm »

This is too awesome for words.

I also made a playable lycanthrope civilization.  They lived in forests and didn't mind eating sapients.

They fought with elves a lot.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.
Pages: [1] 2 3