Advanced search  

Author Topic: chasm  (Read 1100 times)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
chasm
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:37:14 pm »

when stones are dumped into a chasm, is the memory they occupied removed/reassigned.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: chasm
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:22:00 pm »

Yes.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:58:52 pm »

then why on my fortress do they stay in the stocks area as 'forbidden'? or does it clean the memory periodically?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:09 pm »

That sounds weird.  Every time I dumped something into a chasm in my experience it ceased to exist.  I don't have a chasm handy at the moment to confirm though.

I know for a fact atom smashing items does, if that helps in any way.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

piesquared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:21:26 pm »

Make sure your dropped items actually, you know, hit the "chasm" tiles at the very bottom.  Things can land on shelves part-way down if you're not careful, and in that case obviously they'd still be in your lists.  Other then that I can't say I've ever really payed attention to the stocks of things I've dropped down a chasm.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 09:05:58 am »

Make sure your dropped items actually, you know, hit the "chasm" tiles at the very bottom.  Things can land on shelves part-way down if you're not careful, and in that case obviously they'd still be in your lists.  Other then that I can't say I've ever really payed attention to the stocks of things I've dropped down a chasm.
Fortunatly I have a grate hanging over the middle of a very wide chasm.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 03:15:25 am »

Then you may try to check one of the tags in your signature. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 05:49:38 pm »

???

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 02:58:31 am »

???
[EVIL] or [INTELLIGENT] ;-)

Select one of the forbidden stones and look where it is lying, so you'll find a cause of a problem.
Finis sanctificat media.