Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What I did at work today. Part 2.  (Read 700 times)

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What I did at work today. Part 2.
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:38:57 pm »

Generated a bunch of worlds to mess around with in Adventurer Mode.  Gave every civ DAMBLOCK:10000 so they're all guaranteed to survive world gen.

I export the info for one world, and start checking out the caves and forts.  And lo, an Orc fort named Sludgewitches.  Population - 1015 orcs

Yeah, that's right.  ONE THOUSAND ORCS.  Jammed into those three towers they build.  Embarking there MURDERED my frame rate in both DF and Adventurer Mode.

Here's the top floor of one of the three towers, so you get an idea of just how crowded it is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wanted to embark in DF mode and mine out under the tower, and collapse the whole thing...  I gave up after 10 minutes of watching my Dwarves move 1 tile per second.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: What I did at work today. Part 2.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:42:03 pm »

NICE!!!!!! ;D
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Vengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:09:26 pm »

I think I might have to try that.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:11:09 pm »

I think I might have to try that.

Just remember to re-edit the DAMBLOCK in the raws after world gen, or everything will be invincible to normal weaponry.

Also, UPDATE:  Collapsing the tower caused about 380 deaths instantly, and a bunch more wounded / mangled.

Aiming for the next tower.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:15:04 pm by Michaelsoftman »

Nobody1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:24:20 pm »

Also, UPDATE:  Collapsing the tower caused about 380 deaths instantly, and a bunch more wounded / mangled.

EPIC.  With any luck, a fortress later in this world's history will have numerous engravings devoted to this day.