Poll

What is your stance in microcline?

Pro-Microcline
- 134 (64.4%)
Anti-microcline
- 74 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 208

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Microcline: Once and For All  (Read 12014 times)

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Microcline: Once and For All
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »

YOU HAVE STRUCK MICROWAVE!
Augh, my face! *melt*

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2009, 01:37:34 pm »

Microcline is nice.
Alunite I find useful in my temples (that or marble) for white surfaces. White surfaces make it so much easier to see the blood of the noble/goblin/elf/animal sacrifice. After all, I wouldn't want to make Armok strain his eyes to make sure if it is really dead or not.  ;D
Orthoclase is pretty useless, but can liven things up a bit. After all, we need bright surfaces or I get cave adaptation...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2009, 02:01:25 pm »

I like Microline, not as much as the wonderful red bauxite, but I do like it. I make my outer walls and towers out of it.

I wish we had more red rocks.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2009, 02:47:26 pm »

I say, construct all your external walls from alternating blocks of microcline and orthoclase (and maybe olivine...) and watch as EVERY goblin siege ends when their eyes boil right out of their pointy green heads.

Kelbin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:terrifyingly blocky features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2009, 03:58:16 pm »

I LOVE microcline, just like marble.

Why?

Lets just say its really good at showing the color of blood, Lets just keep it at that.  ;)

Edit: YEAH!! I'm not a CrAze pers0n anymoar!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 05:01:54 pm by Kelbin »
Coalition soldier cancels attack dummy brain: interrupted by Rocklet. x6
Rocklet has scuttled!
Crab has been crushed! x106
Coalition soldier has been crushed! x6
Crab has been crushed! x43

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2009, 05:34:25 pm »

I like it. Gives another plentiful colour for my colour-coded levers, constructions, and gearing. Which is important when you have like 15 levers and hundreds of gears and axles controlling what you're doing with magma and water, and pulling them in the wrong order could flood everything or kill hundreds.
And you have a terrible memory of what does what.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2009, 05:43:46 pm »

I like it. Gives another plentiful colour for my colour-coded levers, constructions, and gearing. Which is important when you have like 15 levers and hundreds of gears and axles controlling what you're doing with magma and water, and pulling them in the wrong order could flood everything or kill hundreds.

You can use [N]otes for that, but i agree with you, its just a matter of taste, some people like it, some don't. No real reason to kill it then, and if microline messes your legendary dining room's colours, so will all other rocks and ores.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2009, 08:14:37 pm »

The plumbing is indeed for water, I have smoothed and not yet engraved magma plumbing already set up.

It is for my well. Goes from 1 embark tile of brook, all the way across my map, to the well, to the artificial chasm (fortifications in the side of the map).  I really hope it works.

Also, Microcline!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:34:22 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2009, 09:02:03 pm »

artificial chasm (fortifications in the side of the map).

does this actually work? I haven't heard of it before...

On topic, i actually haven't come across microlone in a while, but the irritating pausing for useless stone gets old fast...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2009, 09:06:25 pm »

I want to take back my vote now. 

Damn blue dog comic.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2009, 11:13:52 pm »

You can use [N]otes for that, but i agree with you, its just a matter of taste, some people like it, some don't. No real reason to kill it then, and if microline messes your legendary dining room's colours, so will all other rocks and ores.

I keep being told that, but it never quite triggers until the point where I have, say, 5 rhyolite levers in a room, all with one mechanism, all hooked up to the same device.

Next time it happens, I'm cutting my losses, backing up the save, and ripping out the whole assembly.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2009, 08:51:35 am »

I voted anti-microcline, but I've changed it to be in small clusters rather than large and it's not nearly as annoying that way. So I'm pro-small-cluster microcline.
emphasis upon the micro in mircocline

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:41 am »

the lever I use to destroy immigrants' dreams is microcline.!!!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2009, 01:16:36 pm »

Ah yes, I forgot. I also use them for level color coding. Microcline level = has to do with water, cinnabar/bauxite = has to do with magma, and must be careful when pulling it, orthoclase = magma floodgate or other, which is usually (but not always) no threat to the fort.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]