Poll

What is your stance in microcline?

Pro-Microcline
- 134 (64.4%)
Anti-microcline
- 74 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 208

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Microcline: Once and For All  (Read 12018 times)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Microcline: Once and For All
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 10:50:40 am »

Having revealed an entire 4x4 embark zone z-level the hard way(which took lots of mouse clicking) I can attest that there is too much microcline, Orthoclase and, especially, Mica.  On the level I bored out, there were 3 microcline, 1 orthoclase, 1 magnetite, 6 mica, and 2 bauxite clusters.  Both Bauxites have saphires   8)  There are also 2 veins (Limonite and Sphlerite) and a square with 2 Indigo Tourmaline clusters and a pink Tourmaline cluster.  Over all, I would rather have more veins and less giant clusters of death.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 10:52:34 am »

I'm pro-microcline.  Dwarves miss folks when they vanish for a few hours and leave the game running. They need love, they can't entertain themselves like you or I.  So striking microcline while you are away puts them in a wonderful state of cryostasis and gets your attention, where they can wait indefinitely for your love.

To you it seems like normal passage of time but to them they get to enjoy your love sooner.  Remember stupidity induced suicide is the number one cause of dwarven death.  So show your dwarves love. Vote pro microcline.

This post brought to you by Greiger's glasses hut. "Blinded by bright cyan colors? Get discount glasses today!"

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:57:53 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 01:33:04 pm »

I dont really mind microcline but I would certainly prefer it if the game supported more colours so I could make it a nicer hue without changing the colour of other stuff.

As for alunite i used to hate it but since I installed the real melting temp mod alunite is my new best magma proof friend.

Also whats wrong with orthoclase? I rather like it (as long as it isnt next to microcline - clashes too much and gives things a swedish / ikea feel)
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 02:31:00 pm »

It's toxic.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 02:56:09 pm »

I am decidedly anti-microcline. The light blue menace must be stopped.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 03:14:36 pm »

I like microline.

I really like light blue for some reason.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 03:38:31 pm »

You have struck a Microcline thread!
I'm not worthy of his brilliance... I just wish it wouldn't pause my game whenever I struck it!!

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 04:41:58 pm »

I like microcline.  Some of the real rock actually IS a light cyan color, which is AWESOME.  Orthoclase is more of an orangey-yellow in real life (or pink...) with I could also live with.

On of my (eventually) planned megaprojects is to pave the entire surface world in a giant mural, so I'll need crap-tons of Microcline for the "sky" and "water" bits.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 05:11:55 pm »

I like microcline.  Some of the real rock actually IS a light cyan color, which is AWESOME.  Orthoclase is more of an orangey-yellow in real life (or pink...) with I could also live with.

On of my (eventually) planned megaprojects is to pave the entire surface world in a giant mural, so I'll need crap-tons of Microcline for the "sky" and "water" bits.
For the water, mix in some olivine and cobaltite. For the sky, mix in some olivine.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 06:51:38 pm »

2 huge gypsum clusters in the middle of my plumbing!!!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 08:57:39 pm »

Firstly, a dwarf would say, "Hey! Gypsum! ;D"
Then, after a few seconds of thought, they'd say, "Wait a minute; I have plumbing? What's the water even FOR? ???"
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 10:58:59 pm »

Firstly, a dwarf would say, "Hey! Gypsum! ;D"
Then, after a few seconds of thought, they'd say, "Wait a minute; I have plumbing? What's the water magma even FOR? ???"

Fixed.

Orange Drink

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 11:39:58 pm »

I actually intentionally dig out fancy coloured rocks in the depths where they aren't much of a problem for my masons to play around with the colours, rather than the boring black and grey obsidian and felsite is.

I am intending to make a mosaic road made of microcline and orthoclase. they both look great together.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 05:34:10 am »

I'm all for funny colored rocks for building fancy buildings, but goddamn i really wish it wouldn't inform me every single time i struck yet another cluster of Microcline\Orthoclase\Alunite.

It's bad enough that they replace potentially useful ore nodes, but that they have to be so obtrusive is just plain annoying.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 05:38:43 am »

YOU HAVE STRUCK MICROWAVE!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4