Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lack of inventory in LCS 3.19?  (Read 2803 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Lack of inventory in LCS 3.19?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:22 pm »

You can kick down doors with your bare hands if you have enough strength, though it's far easier if you get a stout weapon like an axe, shotgun, or assault rifle.

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 07:30:41 pm »

Well, the way I always saw it(or rather pretended it was so), I hadn't really imagined so much that my squad was running around with 5-6 assault rifles, shotguns, pistols or SMGs, along with ammo, crowbars, spraycans and maybe a few computers either in their back pocket or in a few backpacks. But rather, I saw it as a logical conclusion that my guys would have been smart enough to keep some, if not most of these things in their cars.

I pretty much always give my squads cars, just for mobility, but in the sense of this inventory debate, it could be a logical solution. Perhaps instead of being able to whip out a shotgun or M4 whenever you please, maybe you could gear up in like a parking lot before you enter a site, and again as you leave the site to lose the heat. It would make sense that if your squad is driving their cars somewhere, they're not bringing the car inside of the building with them, so obviously they'll have to park somewhere. This could just be a bit of an extra part of the map(with say, a special on site local marked green that says CAR, and maybe a few other ones that you can possibly see some ppl at, just like the computers at the internet cafe), or even just a pre and post raid selection screen.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 08:21:44 pm »

Perhaps instead of being able to whip out a shotgun or M4 whenever you please, maybe you could gear up in like a parking lot before you enter a site, and again as you leave the site to lose the heat. It would make sense that if your squad is driving their cars somewhere, they're not bringing the car inside of the building with them, so obviously they'll have to park somewhere. This could just be a bit of an extra part of the map(with say, a special on site local marked green that says CAR, and maybe a few other ones that you can possibly see some ppl at, just like the computers at the internet cafe), or even just a pre and post raid selection screen.
YES, this is perfect resonable enough for both sides and makes everyone happy, in every map there needs to be a place near the entrance(Although you shouldent need a car, it should just allow you to swap items there), brilliant ChemicalVengence.

Surely this is logical enough to be in the game.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:24:22 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 12:22:13 am »

I don't see why it would "make everyone happy". You still wouldn't be able to change any equipment during the proper site action, and it would complicate those actions a lot. The only thing it would possibly benefit is allowing you to switch up your equipment on the way back, which is only relevant if you're getting chased by conservatives.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 02:55:34 am »

Is there a problem with secondary weapons as currently planned? As I understood, the arguing in this thread was just complaining of how quickly the existing plans need to be implemented.

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 04:31:24 pm »

Is there a problem with secondary weapons as currently planned? As I understood, the arguing in this thread was just complaining of how quickly the existing plans need to be implemented.
No problem. I like your plan actually. I just had a random idea, as I said that I had always imagined was going on is all, and decided to post it. It's nothing that needs to be implemented, just a suggestion that can be easily ignored.  ;)

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2009, 08:00:51 pm »

The fact that I can only sell cars in use is *annoying*. They must have a tow truck.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]