Poll

Your opinion on tilesets?

Make things much easier to understand
Make things look nicer
Don't make a difference to me
Make things harder to understand
Ruin the game

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tilesets  (Read 2765 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Tilesets
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:31 pm »

Tilesets mess up the game dimensions for me, the game gets scruched up to the top and i can never get them to work.... probally cuz i have a widescreen monitor, but they look nice, ill give em that.
If the tilesets have different dimensions to the default, then you need to alter the init.txt file. The WINDOWEDX value divided by the first number in the GRID tag needs to be the same as the width of a single tile, and the WINDOWEDY value divided by the second number in the GRID tag needs to be the same as the height of a single tile. Take the following example.

[WINDOWEDX:720]
[WINDOWEDY:225]
[FONT:SmoothWalls.png]
[GRID:80:25]

The game will display 80 tiles horizontally and 25 vertically, and will use a 720x225 window to do this. 720/80=9 and 225/25=9, so for 'SmoothWalls' to display properly it would have to be 9x9.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]