Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible mod project: Any input?  (Read 462 times)

RadonPlasma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible mod project: Any input?
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:22:49 pm »

Mod:  Mutable Destinies

For version: 0.28.181.40d

Uses Modbase 0.95

Mutable Destinies is, first and foremost, an Adventurer's mod.  It would try to be a stopgap measure for us adventure junkies until more of the awesome economic, social, and questing stuff is implemented in Adventurer mode.  It would have a couple of major components:

World of Urban Cultures:  Turns practically all entity types into towns, so that adventurers can trade with just about whomever they want to.  Also, make sure the newly civilized folk don't consider themselves 'monstrous'.  It's funny, but also sad and frustrating, when the site leader asks you to kill the civ leader and then immediately turns around and considers you an enemy when you attack your target.

Freakin' Frequent Slayer Miles Booty: For all that trudging around we do, we sure don't get paid well for it.  With this, nearly all hostile wildlife, wandering monsters, and (semi)megabeasts would drop salable, if not useful, items for us greedy ne'er-do-wells.

Our Evil Counterparts:  Instead of maintaining a sharp divide between the megabeasts and the civilized races, this would simply introduce an offshoot of all the 'major threat' races.  To elucidate, there would be two versions of all civilized (and some non-civilized) races: Benign and PossessedBenign would be the normal, playable kind.  Possessed would simply carry the Megabeast and Power tokens.

Finally, half the fun would be seeing what kind of crazy variations and personal versions people come up with!  New species, materials, body types, armor, clothing, and weapons would all be totally appropriate mix-ins for this mod.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Possible mod project: Any input?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:26:01 pm »

I like the mosters drop lewt idea, although I would miss throwing corpse of wolfA at wolfB.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Possible mod project: Any input?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 12:23:09 am »

Sounds pretty awesome, but I don't play adventure mode enough to really worry about this stuff, so I'm content with just waiting for it to be updated.